Relax!!! Preseason Says it All

stingbee

Some of you guys need to take the chill pill. Stop acting like the firing squad and being on hyperbole drugs. 

—Preseason is all about practice and no schemes or playbooks. It is about giving the young guys to fill 3-4 opening spot and finding talent for the practice squad.

—Jets were far more aggressive on the defense by blitzing a lot. The Falcons were putting their vanilla package. We didn’t had all the players playing and Alex Mack hardly played. The OL will get much better before the season starts and getting all the starters. 

—Defense looks aggressive and looks like they are going to get a lot of pressure and sacks on the opposing QBs. I see them as one of the better teams in causing turnovers. This is primed to be a Top 10 defense.

- The Offense looks good when you know most of the starters are not even playing much. I really do see them as a Top 3 in passing and Top 15 in rushing (much improved from #27 in 2018).

Preseason wins don’t mean jack. It is all about finding the next talent and allowing new guys to get acclimated. They are not running their playbook or schemes. 

Relax!!! 

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

It’s not meaningless when your franchise QB and MVP takes 3 sacks and 8 QB hits in 4 series.

As @g-dawg wisely stated, when Ryan is playing, it needs to be treated like the regular season

It's almost like we didn't gameplan, it was their first ever game as an oline together, and they hadn't seen blitzes like that before... weird...

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

What does that have to do with letting aryan play more than one series once it was clear they were blitzing every play

I mean you were also the same guy who was griping out Julio not being at OTA's and scoffed at the rest of us when we said the risk wasn't worth the reward.  Those were OTA's, this is game experience albeit preseason.  You can't have it both ways.  It's obviously less than ideal that Matt was getting hit, but there was also value in it and if you truly believe that offseason OTA stuff is so important you should really think preseason is extra important.

We're gonna look sloppy and unprepared against next week and the week after that... And the same excuses will be made. 

We didn't gameplan. It's about evaluations.. Etc etc. Redskins will not gameplan either and will play their backups just as much as us. But some of yall will still come up with reasons why that's ok. 

Meanwhile the Patriots look respectable every game including preseason. 

8 minutes ago, athell said:

I mean you were also the same guy who was griping out Julio not being at OTA's and scoffed at the rest of us when we said the risk wasn't worth the reward.  Those were OTA's, this is game experience albeit preseason.  You can't have it both ways.  It's obviously less than ideal that Matt was getting hit, but there was also value in it and if you truly believe that offseason OTA stuff is so important you should really think preseason is extra important.

Not really true.  I said Julio should not practice at OTA’s but should be there to help coach the younger players.  Big difference.

1 minute ago, thamill said:

Blitzing in the preseason is dumb.  To me, that shows that your DC isn't comfortable with his system.  If I were a Jets fan, I'd be very concerned about that.  It's the preseason.  Most "good" teams are running simple plays to see man on man matchups to determine the depth chart.   

Greg Williams is and always will be a total piece of ****.  He shouldn’t be allowed to coach in this league after Bountygate.

39 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

So we should have pulled the starters so they wouldn't have any game experience until what? Next week?

if you cannot protect Matt Ryan from blitzes in pre-season - then you can pull him.   Back-up QBs are the sacrificial lambs of the NFL - especially 3rd rounders.   If you throw Ryan out there and figure out after two series that he is getting murdered - then by all means, take him out - you can leave everyone else in there you want.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

if you cannot protect Matt Ryan from blitzes in pre-season - then you can pull him.   Back-up QBs are the sacrificial lambs of the NFL - especially 3rd rounders.   If you throw Ryan out there and figure out after two series that he is getting murdered - then by all means, take him out - you can leave everyone else in there you want.

And you both would be upset if Ryan started off the year slow and inaccurate.

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

The logic is too obvious.  Can’t believe people are pushing back