stingbee

Relax!!! Preseason Says it All

125 posts in this topic

Some of you guys need to take the chill pill. Stop acting like the firing squad and being on hyperbole drugs. 

—Preseason is all about practice and no schemes or playbooks. It is about giving the young guys to fill 3-4 opening spot and finding talent for the practice squad.

—Jets were far more aggressive on the defense by blitzing a lot. The Falcons were putting their vanilla package. We didn’t had all the players playing and Alex Mack hardly played. The OL will get much better before the season starts and getting all the starters. 

—Defense looks aggressive and looks like they are going to get a lot of pressure and sacks on the opposing QBs. I see them as one of the better teams in causing turnovers. This is primed to be a Top 10 defense.

- The Offense looks good when you know most of the starters are not even playing much. I really do see them as a Top 3 in passing and Top 15 in rushing (much improved from #27 in 2018).

Preseason wins don’t mean jack. It is all about finding the next talent and allowing new guys to get acclimated. They are not running their playbook or schemes. 

Relax!!! 

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

It’s not meaningless when your franchise QB and MVP takes 3 sacks and 8 QB hits in 4 series.

As @g-dawg wisely stated, when Ryan is playing, it needs to be treated like the regular season

It's almost like we didn't gameplan, it was their first ever game as an oline together, and they hadn't seen blitzes like that before... weird...

6 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

It's almost like we didn't gameplan, it was their first ever game as an oline together, and they hadn't seen blitzes like that before... weird...

What does that have to do with letting aryan play more than one series once it was clear they were blitzing every play

sdogg likes this

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

What does that have to do with letting aryan play more than one series once it was clear they were blitzing every play

I mean you were also the same guy who was griping out Julio not being at OTA's and scoffed at the rest of us when we said the risk wasn't worth the reward.  Those were OTA's, this is game experience albeit preseason.  You can't have it both ways.  It's obviously less than ideal that Matt was getting hit, but there was also value in it and if you truly believe that offseason OTA stuff is so important you should really think preseason is extra important.

Ovie_Lover and blkbigdog35 like this

Teams like the Jets, Browns, Lions, and Skins have a lot more on the line in preseason than the Falcons do. They have to try and drum up excitement for teams that no one gets excited over. So sure they will blitz and run up the score because they need the local press to make them sound exciting.

Boise Falcon Fan and NCCooley like this

We're gonna look sloppy and unprepared against next week and the week after that... And the same excuses will be made. 

We didn't gameplan. It's about evaluations.. Etc etc. Redskins will not gameplan either and will play their backups just as much as us. But some of yall will still come up with reasons why that's ok. 

Meanwhile the Patriots look respectable every game including preseason. 

8 minutes ago, athell said:

I mean you were also the same guy who was griping out Julio not being at OTA's and scoffed at the rest of us when we said the risk wasn't worth the reward.  Those were OTA's, this is game experience albeit preseason.  You can't have it both ways.  It's obviously less than ideal that Matt was getting hit, but there was also value in it and if you truly believe that offseason OTA stuff is so important you should really think preseason is extra important.

Not really true.  I said Julio should not practice at OTA’s but should be there to help coach the younger players.  Big difference.

24 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

So we should have pulled the starters so they wouldn't have any game experience until what? Next week?

athell likes this

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Not really true.  I said Julio should not practice at OTA’s but should be there to help coach the younger players.  Big difference.

Imma run that through the bs translator...brb

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

So we should have pulled the starters so they wouldn't have any game experience until what? Next week?

Pulled the QB, yes

Why does Julio get little to no snaps each preseason?

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Knock yourself out.  I’ll pull the thread if you’d like

Not what I'm referring to.  And you would have to pull several threads because you were all over that **** hot and heavy for weeks lol

8 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Pulled the QB, yes

Why does Julio get little to no snaps each preseason?

Probably because he's hurt, has chemistry with Ryan, doesn't lead the offense, and doesn't have to make calls at the line.

Blitzing in the preseason is dumb.  To me, that shows that your DC isn't comfortable with his system.  If I were a Jets fan, I'd be very concerned about that.  It's the preseason.  Most "good" teams are running simple plays to see man on man matchups to determine the depth chart.   

blkbigdog35 and Godzilla1985 like this

1 minute ago, thamill said:

Blitzing in the preseason is dumb.  To me, that shows that your DC isn't comfortable with his system.  If I were a Jets fan, I'd be very concerned about that.  It's the preseason.  Most "good" teams are running simple plays to see man on man matchups to determine the depth chart.   

Greg Williams is and always will be a total piece of ****.  He shouldn’t be allowed to coach in this league after Bountygate.

athell, blkbigdog35, thamill and 1 other like this

2 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Greg Williams is and always will be a total piece of ****.  He shouldn’t be allowed to coach in this league after Bountygate.

Well there you go.  He actually is a VERY good D Coordinator.  He's just an A-hole.

39 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

if you cannot protect Matt Ryan from blitzes in pre-season - then you can pull him.   Back-up QBs are the sacrificial lambs of the NFL - especially 3rd rounders.   If you throw Ryan out there and figure out after two series that he is getting murdered - then by all means, take him out - you can leave everyone else in there you want.

PokerSteve and Falcons In 2012 like this

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

if you cannot protect Matt Ryan from blitzes in pre-season - then you can pull him.   Back-up QBs are the sacrificial lambs of the NFL - especially 3rd rounders.   If you throw Ryan out there and figure out after two series that he is getting murdered - then by all means, take him out - you can leave everyone else in there you want.

And you both would be upset if Ryan started off the year slow and inaccurate.

vel and Godzilla1985 like this

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

The logic is too obvious.  Can’t believe people are pushing back

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

The logic is too obvious.  Can’t believe people are pushing back

Then why don't team always just sit their QB?

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

And you both would be upset if Ryan started off the year slow and inaccurate.

Cause Ryan is the real question mark on the team.  Let’s put Julio in the game, then.  They say he is rehabbing but I’ve never seen a single thing about an injury suffered.

3 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Then why don't team always just sit their QB?

They don’t play them a half, especially when they are getting mauled.  Even the analysts said Ryan played way more than normal for preseason.