Theyhateme : )

Tavecchio..."NO!"

52 posts in this topic

I'm officially worried about him now.  Has he made anything over 50 yards since being a Falcon?  With the way Ryan is routinely harrassed, this offense needs a consistent kicker, but he hasn't shown anything.  If you had to make the decision to bring back Bryant would you?  I would if he's available.

ryantlanta likes this

57 yarder last year with an easy 10 yard to spare the guys got a boom leg but I’m not sure what’s happened here.Are the holder and long snapper different from last year and he’s just not in rhythm.

To me it just doesn’t look like he’s striking the ball cleanly.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

41 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

57 yarder last year with an easy 10 yard to spare the guys got a boom leg but I’m not sure what’s happened here.Are the holder and long snapper different from last year and he’s just not in rhythm.

To me it just doesn’t look like he’s striking the ball cleanly.

He seems to have problem kicking from right. The trajectory is like a curve ball. Nothing different than what I saw in camp. Actually it was lot better yesterday compared to camp.

kiwifalcon likes this

6 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Oh look, another necro Kicker thread bump for the 10th time today.

Love all these diverse Kicker threads in TATK!

:bang:

Mine was the first and balanced one :lol:

Schwarzwald likes this

He said he is kicking it left because usually the ball fades left to right (due to being a lefty) but this year the ball isn't fading (causing his wide lefts) and he isn't sure why. It doesn't seem like it is in his head yet based on his interview responses.

That said, I expect one signed by tomorrow to bring some competition.

Schwarzwald likes this

5 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

He said he is kicking it left because usually the ball fades left to right (due to being a lefty) but this year the ball isn't fading (causing his wide lefts) and he isn't sure why. It doesn't seem like it is in his head yet based on his interview responses.

That said, I expect one signed by tomorrow to bring some competition.

Could be his technique has improved to where he doesn’t fade them as much and he needs to play loose enough to see what it does on its own now??

Aim different if your strike is following a new pattern? :shrug:

Worse case would be his technique is changing on his kicks and sometimes it fades and others it stays straight. That would mean he can’t predict it based on the strike...which he sounds like he thinks the strike should get results.

Why?

What are the laces doing? Is he willing to risk it fading right at all?

There has to be a way to objectively break down his strike this year vs last year in games.

Jerz #Quinning likes this

15 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Oh look, another necro Kicker thread bump for the 10th time today.

Love all these diverse Kicker threads in TATK!

:bang:

Same here. I'm really getting a kick out of them! :ninja:

Schwarzwald likes this

Not concerned until he costs the Falcons a game due to a missed kick when it counts. Until then i'll continue my stance that he deserves the same opportunities as every other player early in their career. All I'll say is they better not make a habit of repeating what they've done since Matt has been in Atlanta. That habit is driving downfield only to settle for a field goal. The offense better do their jobs or Quinn will be going for it on a lot of 4th downs if he loses trust in the kicker

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Not concerned until he costs the Falcons a game due to a missed kick when it counts. Until then i'll continue my stance that he deserves the same opportunities as every other player early in their career. All I'll say is they better not make a habit of repeating what they've done since Matt has been in Atlanta. That habit is driving downfield only to settle for a field goal. The offense better do their jobs or Quinn will be going for it on a lot of 4th downs if he loses trust in the kicker

Agree with every word. This kicker issue could be a blessing in disguise. Now this offense can't fart around in the Red Zone and not get the TD any more like when Bryant was here to clean up after them and put up the automatic 3 points. They better figure out how to put the ball in the end zone, and fast.

Mid-Nite-Toker and ya_boi_j like this