Options at Kicker

Osiruz

I was listening to XM radio this morning and it seems like the bears have a heated kicker battle. Both kickers have been making kicks as far as 60 yards out and its hard to seperate between the two. IMO if Tavecchio starts struggling in PS we should bring one in for competition. On a side note Kalil Mack has become one of the team leaders on that defense, wish VB44 could do that for us but that seems like a long shot at this point. 

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

Pretty silly for a guy who only made a few kicks last year in limited use and is choking in pre season. But if Quinn wants to risk his job on Tev let him.

You know this is his 3rd year in the NFL? He's made 21 regular season FGs in his career. He's not just some bum off the street who has never kicked in a real game.

18 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

You know this is his 3rd year in the NFL? He's made 21 regular season FGs in his career. He's not just some bum off the street who has never kicked in a real game.

It's Quinn's job at stake not mine, If it were me I'd have another kicker in camp now

2 hours ago, stizz said:

Straight up dumb for him to go into the season with zero competition. 

There’s never ever really a kicker competition because it’s so easy to bring kickers in off the street and the way they look at it that would be filling a spot that could be competition at a position that will matter matter. 

24 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

There’s never ever really a kicker competition because it’s so easy to bring kickers in off the street and the way they look at it that would be filling a spot that could be competition at a position that will matter matter. 

The Bears signed Parkey to a huge deal last year. He missed the kick in the playoff game and they went on to bring in 7 kickers for an open tryout with the entire team watching to place pressure on them to see who could make the kick Parkey missed. That's a competition. Tavechio hasn't proven anything here besides making FGs against the freaking Giants. For him to have zero competition and a free pass is bizarre, especially considering how Quinn gets competition for other positions.