Emmitt

No mention of Tru

89 posts in this topic

Just now, FalconsIn2020 said:

It may speak more to them not trusting Oliver to play press just yet.  That’s a guess and in no way factual.  But press exposes you to a lot more than traditional off Cover 3.  If Oliver isn’t preventing inside release on press you are completely exposed as a defense.

The other option is its preseason and we will unleash press coverage Week 1

It honestly seems much more scheme than anything else.  I'm not even talking about preseason, Quinn has played a lot of off ball coverage for a while.  Would love to get back to press and let our db's get physical at the los

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

The way they play off ball is so annoying

Manuel. Quinn is aggressive and stays in your face. Reason why Brady caught h3ll for 3 and a half qtrs in the SB. If they didn’t get tired in the 4th no way they start playing cover 3. Tru will probably have his best year this season because he will start game 1 in somebody’s face. The only games they will probably be in cover 3 are games against running qb’s that will take off if you turn your back on them. 

athell, Drew4719 and ya_boi_j like this

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Yes sir.  It absolutely is his strength, too.  Sure tackling and press coverage..top 5 in both

No doubt!! 

athell likes this

2 minutes ago, athell said:

It honestly seems much more scheme than anything else.  I'm not even talking about preseason, Quinn has played a lot of off ball coverage for a while.  Would love to get back to press and let our db's get physical at the los

Except for Weeks 13-SB51 you are correct.  In those weeks we allowed just 6 ppg in first half while playing pressCover 1

athell likes this

Just now, FalconsIn2020 said:

Except for Weeks 13-SB51 you are correct.  In those weeks we allowed just 6 ppg in first half while playing pressCover 1

Yup.  Honestly the failure to recognize the strengths and play to it is concerning me about Quinn.  Seems square peg round hole.  We are about to find out.

7 minutes ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

Mostly covered Enunwa and Deonte Thompson. He had a nice tackle on 3rd against josh bellamy. He looked how he should against those world beaters. It was good to see him not lose track of the receiver in the backfield and be able to run them down. Thompson was about to roast his *** but he’s lucky Siemian was throwing to him.

Not about to use recency bias in a preseason game to act like he hasn’t been stinking up the joint since 16’. Definitely not impressed either. I’d be impressed if he played like that against Thielen and Diggs week 1.

Cool. Thanks.

Definitely agree with the second bolded.

Jerz #Quinning likes this

6 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Manuel. Quinn is aggressive and stays in your face. Reason why Brady caught h3ll for 3 and a half qtrs in the SB. If they didn’t get tired in the 4th no way they start playing cover 3. Tru will probably have his best year this season because he will start game 1 in somebody’s face. The only games they will probably be in cover 3 are games against running qb’s that will take off if you turn your back on them. 

Which is shocking because all they do is preach about using players to their strengths and in reality don't do it

athell and TheFatboi like this

17 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Which is shocking because all they do is preach about using players to their strengths and in reality don't do it

That why Quinn fired Manuel and Sark. He said he felt like they were getting away from the style they want to play. Tru is a helluva zone corner too but he really excels at man to man. Only thing with that is when it was underneath he was a little slow coming out of his backpedal to come up and make a play on the ball at times. 

athell and ya_boi_j like this

And I think what ppl aren’t giving credit for is both 3rd down plays tru cane from across the field and made those stops. One of them having to go around his guys. He did the same thing against the rams in the playoffs on a key stop. They tried to slow him down and he ran around some of his guys and still made the play. Not many corners can do that on a route with a natural pick designed into it. When tru is man to man he’s at his absolute best. 

athell likes this

5 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

That why Quinn fired Manuel and Sark. He said he felt like they were getting away from the style they want to play. Tru is a helluva zone corner too but he really excels at man to man. Only thing with that is when it was underneath he was a little slow coming out of his backpedal to come up and make a play on the ball at times. 

Shows how much I listen to his interviews. I had no clue he said that

TheFatboi likes this

13 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Shows how much I listen to his interviews. I had no clue he said that

Yea they asked him what was the reason for the firings. 

ya_boi_j likes this

I think something that really needs to be praised about Tru's performance yesterday was his lack of hesitancy. I feel that is why I have been down on him the past few years since his injury. He always seemed hesitant at the most inopportune moments to tackle or be aggressive. But last night I saw Trufant attacking his man with the ball and good tackling as has been mentioned. His confidence seems to be back. Disagree with me all you want, but confidence cannot be put into a statistic or measured with all the stats that get thrown around on these boards. Tru's confidence is what we are seeing translate into the player we all remember.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

2 hours ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

He’s literally been terrible dude . It’s just that simple . He was elite in 2013-15. Got injured in 16 when he started sucking Alford was the best CB on the team from 15-18. Poole, Alford & our Safeties all helped Trufant during 16 &17. Collins came in & was better than Truu in 16 when we finally IR’d him . No one here hates Truuu , he’s literally been a dud since 16 until this last preseason game or pointless games to end last season .    

He's not terrible. He has weaknesses for sure though. 

Posted (edited)

57 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

He's not terrible. He has weaknesses for sure though. 

Maaan nobody is talking about Oliver,how many post do you have to make on these forums before you can make a thread in talk about falcons? Oliver needs somebody to push him.Id rather see him compete with Miller for the job,and yes tru will have a good year.Oliver has shown nothing

Edited by Atlwings

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

It may speak more to them not trusting Oliver to play press just yet.  That’s a guess and in no way factual.  But press exposes you to a lot more than traditional off Cover 3.  If Oliver isn’t preventing inside release on press you are completely exposed as a defense.

The other option is its preseason and we will unleash press coverage Week 1

I keep telling ppl Oliver sucks should've been an open competition for cb.id prefer starting Miller or Sheffield

I thought Tru has basically sucked since coming back from his '16 injury, but he looked like a different player last night.  He made quite a few nice plays.

papachaz and Dr Long Shot like this

4 hours ago, Emmitt said:

I was surprised that no one has mentioned Trufant's game last night. He looked like the old Trufant vs last year Trufant. Anyone else impressed?

Definitely stood out to me. The penalty he was flagged with was pretty **** questionable. 

athell and Emmitt like this

3 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

The other problem here is that people have this notion that there are magical DBs out there that never give up a reception. Any time a guy gets a catch "he was burned". That's just not how the game goes.

QBs average 4000 yards like it's nothing in today's game. Every CB is getting burned alive lol, it's just a matter of if you can minimize the damage and make some plays. 

4 hours ago, Atlwings said:

I keep telling ppl Oliver sucks should've been an open competition for cb.id prefer starting Miller or Sheffield

Miller might be the worst tackler on the team

papachaz likes this

9 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Because we have some pathetic, chicken-****, little agenda driven wussy-girls who would rather hide than step up like a man & admit it.  

Probably a few sissy *** millennials who have no idea how to act like a man lmfao!!

Yeah real men rant about kids on the internet.

Show us how it's done.

4 hours ago, Atlwings said:

And you're being ignored for a reason.

5 hours ago, Atlwings said:

Sheffield has been getting torched. 

9 hours ago, shc said:

I was impressed.  Glad to see him getting back to his old form.  I did think that PI call on him was BS though.  Maybe the refs didn't realize we got rid of Alford?

nah, alford was mostly holding penalties....  :lol: