Emmitt

No mention of Tru

89 posts in this topic

Just now, GeorgiaBoyz said:

He’s literally been terrible dude . It’s just that simple . He was elite in 2013-15. Got injured in 16 when he started sucking Alford was the best CB on the team from 15-18. Poole, Alford & our Safeties all helped Trufant during 16 &17. Collins came in & was better than Truu in 16 when we finally IR’d him . No one here hates Truuu , he’s literally been a dud since 16 until this last preseason game or pointless games to end last season .    

lol ok...you are one of the debbie downers here so not surprising this is your stance.

rings639 likes this

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, athell said:

lol ok...you are one of the debbie downers here so not surprising this is your stance.

I’m a Debbie downer for DQ, Truuu & Duke Riley makes sense you have no idea wtf you’re talking about & didn’t even care to dispute my original message.. just deflected , makes sense . Clown . :lol:

Edited by GeorgiaBoyz

Just now, GeorgiaBoyz said:

I’m a Debbie downer for DQ, Truuu & Duke Riley makes sense you know his idea wtf you’re talking about & didn’t even care to disputed my original message.. just deflected , makes sense . Clown . :lol:

I don't need to dispute your original message.  This reply proves why I did not, in that you are a childish and immature kid who has no clue what he is even looking at.  You are a debbie downer, go through your post history.  All doom and gloom.  All forced narratives.  You fit in with the rest of the chicken littles.

rings639 likes this

5 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

He’s literally been terrible dude . It’s just that simple . He was elite in 2013-15. Got injured in 16 when he started sucking Alford was the best CB on the team from 15-18. Poole, Alford & our Safeties all helped Trufant during 16 &17. Collins came in & was better than Truu in 16 when we finally IR’d him . No one here hates Truuu , he’s literally been a dud since 16 until this last preseason game or pointless games to end last season .    

This is simply not true.  He had a bad first half of the season last year, but he was very good the second half of the season.

athell and raysnill1 like this

Just now, Boise Falcon Fan said:

This is simply not true.  He had a bad first half of the season last year, but he was very good the second half of the season.

It's pointless man.  They see what they want to see.  I shouldn't even have replied.

Just now, athell said:

Who said anything about top 5?  

Listen to people around here talk about him and it sounds like he is a bottom third corner.  Tru is good, always has been.  Every corner gets weakness exposed, Tru is no different.  Jalen Ramsey gets exposed.  Patrick Peterson like you said.  There is no lock down corner anymore.

He is far far better than "not terrible".  The problem here...

1.  He can't catch

2.  He makes a lot

If he catches a few of those dropped picks every year, folks here would think he was elite.

Pure homers have called him a top corner because of the way he finished the season.

Honestly, for the most part, when it comes to certain players, most posts here are so irrelevant because most are nothing but nit pick posts that don't even make sense half of the time so I overlook those posts. I've said for the past 5 years that there's no such thing as a true shutdown corner in todays NFL. The rules barely even allow it.

Well, he can't catch

Well, he does make a lot...…...but again, that comes from people who mostly want to nit pick. Probably don't even know what the definition of cornerback is :shrug:

Getting interceptions don't make you elite. See Nnamdi Asomugha again and Marcus Peters. They were put outside of their comfort zones and were exposed badly

Drew4719, Vandy and athell like this

4 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Sure .. 2nd half of last year 2018. He started sucking in 2016. That’s a whole 2 & a half years later . But I’ll let y’all have it . Collin was the best CB on the team in 2016. Alford 2017 & Truuu the 2nd half of 2018-now . Y’all proved my point .  

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Pure homers have called him a top corner because of the way he finished the season.

Honestly, for the most part, when it comes to certain players, most posts here are so irrelevant because most are nothing but nit pick posts that don't even make sense half of the time so I overlook those posts. I've said for the past 5 years that there's no such thing as a true shutdown corner in todays NFL. The rules barely even allow it.

Well, he can't catch

Well, he does make a lot...…...but again, that comes from people who mostly want to nit pick. Probably don't even know what the definition of cornerback is :shrug:

Getting interceptions don't make you elite. See Nnamdi Asomugha again and Marcus Peters. They were put outside of their comfort zones and were exposed badly

A lot of truth.

I also agree with all of that.  I do think though that if he catches 3-4 of those balls every year, with nothing else changing in his production, people here would be puffing out their chest defending him.  Honestly, he hasn't been as good as some have touted, and he hasn't been as bad as others have.  He is a perfectly fine DB1 in today's NFL.

ya_boi_j, Drew4719 and Vandy like this

5 minutes ago, athell said:

It's pointless man.  They see what they want to see.  I shouldn't even have replied.

and then make stupid posts about what they think they saw. this board has some of the most emotional irrational dudes. 

athell, rings639, Vandy and 1 other like this

Just now, raysnill1 said:

and then make stupid posts about what they think they saw. this board has some of the most emotional irrational dudes. 

Yeeeeeeeep.  It was actually kind nice seeing JD and VT lock up those irrational threads before they got going yesterday.  It was...refreshing.

raysnill1, rings639 and VTCrunkler like this

15 minutes ago, athell said:

Who said anything about top 5?  

Listen to people around here talk about him and it sounds like he is a bottom third corner.  Tru is good, always has been.  Every corner gets weakness exposed, Tru is no different.  Jalen Ramsey gets exposed.  Patrick Peterson like you said.  There is no lock down corner anymore.

He is far far better than "not terrible".  The problem here...

1.  He can't catch

2.  He makes a lot

If he catches a few of those dropped picks every year, folks here would think he was elite.

The other problem here is that people have this notion that there are magical DBs out there that never give up a reception. Any time a guy gets a catch "he was burned". That's just not how the game goes.

2 minutes ago, athell said:

A lot of truth.

I also agree with all of that.  I do think though that if he catches 3-4 of those balls every year, with nothing else changing in his production, people here would be puffing out their chest defending him.  Honestly, he hasn't been as good as some have touted, and he hasn't been as bad as others have.  He is a perfectly fine DB1 in today's NFL.

No doubt he's the ideal DB1 in todays league. I talk my **** about him but I wouldn't talk my **** if I didn't like him and want him to be better. With how he's used, he should be a lot better than what he is. He hasn't adjusted to the playstyle he's been asked to play to this point in his career IMO. I'd rather have him over Dee Millner any day of the year

athell likes this

2 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

The other problem here is that people have this notion that there are magical DBs out there that never give up a reception. Any time a guy gets a catch "he was burned". That's just not how the game goes.

100% truth.  People need to watch more teams...watch more football...a lot of tunnel vision here.

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

No doubt he's the ideal DB1 in todays league. I talk my **** about him but I wouldn't talk my **** if I didn't like him and want him to be better. With how he's used, he should be a lot better than what he is. He hasn't adjusted to the playstyle he's been asked to play to this point in his career IMO. I'd rather have him over Dee Millner any day of the year

I do think they did him dirty last year with slot coverage and off ball.  I throw out last year tbh, with the injuries the entire defense was a cluster ****.  Gonna be an interesting year for a lot of guys with Quinn taking the reins.

Vandy, Emmitt, ya_boi_j and 1 other like this

I thought he tackled really well, but WAY too much letting the receiver catch it for my liking, there were quite a few floaters he had a PD/Int opportunity that he stood and waited, then tackled. That said, his tackling pursuit was excellent.

57 minutes ago, athell said:

Tru has been Tru.  People just hate him because of his price tag.

Sad but ‘Tru(e).....:ninja:

He’s never been a bad/bottom tier corner. Just never evolved into thar elite corner we/falcons thought he would be when he was given that 2nd contract. So TAFT embellishes all that into him being a terrible player.

athell and Falcons In 2012 like this

1 hour ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Look, not all millennials are this way but way too many have been brainwashed into believing it’s bad to act like a man. 

Toxic masculinity, gender neutrality and all kinds of other horse manure lies... it’s sad.

Preach on Brother!

GeorgiaBoyz and HASHBROWN3 like this

40 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

If Tru has been Tru then he wouldn't be getting tested more and more. Remember, just as guys like Nnamdi, Tru was rarely tested his first 2 years and considered a top corner. As soon as he started getting tested regularly his weaknesses were exposed. Since then he has been inconsistent. PFF and whatever the other one is may not say it but when you actually watch him play you see he has been inconsistent in coverage. He's not terrible but he's certainly not the top 5 corner his supporters make him out to be. I say the same exact thing about PP who can't cover an elite WR to save his life

Tru wasn’t tested much once he moved back out to boundary corner last year.  And he still read the offense well enough to lead the NFL in INT’s if only he didn’t suffer from chronic butter fingers

athell likes this

17 minutes ago, athell said:

100% truth.  People need to watch more teams...watch more football...a lot of tunnel vision here.

I do think they did him dirty last year with slot coverage and off ball.  I throw out last year tbh, with the injuries the entire defense was a cluster ****.  Gonna be an interesting year for a lot of guys with Quinn taking the reins.

The way they play off ball is so annoying

athell, Drew4719 and TheFatboi like this

54 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Yep . He looked liked like 2013-15 Trufant . Better late than never I guess . Hopefully it carries over & extends throughout the whole season . 

It’s the aggressive play calling of Quinn. He started in cover 1 the whole time he played. No off coverage. Straight man to man and press man. His strength. 

1 minute ago, athell said:

I freaking hate it dude...they line up and you look at the TV and go "welp, here comes an 8 yard gain"

yep. If there was a single champ bailey sitting back there it would be a much different story

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Who was he covering?

Mostly covered Enunwa and Deonte Thompson. He had a nice tackle on 3rd against josh bellamy. He looked how he should against those world beaters. It was good to see him not lose track of the receiver in the backfield and be able to run them down. Thompson was about to roast his *** but he’s lucky Siemian was throwing to him.

Not about to use recency bias in a preseason game to act like he hasn’t been stinking up the joint since 16’. Definitely not impressed either. I’d be impressed if he played like that against Thielen and Diggs week 1.

ya_boi_j likes this

Just now, athell said:

I freaking hate it dude...they line up and you look at the TV and go "welp, here comes an 8 yard gain"

It may speak more to them not trusting Oliver to play press just yet.  That’s a guess and in no way factual.  But press exposes you to a lot more than traditional off Cover 3.  If Oliver isn’t preventing inside release on press you are completely exposed as a defense.

The other option is its preseason and we will unleash press coverage Week 1

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

It’s the aggressive play calling of Quinn. He started in cover 1 the whole time he played. No off coverage. Straight man to man and press man. His strength. 

Yes sir.  It absolutely is his strength, too.  Sure tackling and press coverage..top 5 in both

Vandy, TheFatboi and Drew4719 like this