Emmitt

No mention of Tru

89 posts in this topic

He was good in coverage, although he doesnt ever try to intercept passes or jump routes which is one of my beefs with him. We are paying him elite cb money but we get Dunta Robinson kind of production. 

6 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

I was surprised that no one has mentioned Trufant's game last night. He looked like the old Trufant vs last year Trufant. Anyone else impressed?

Yep, I think Tru wanted to give the fans a little preview. I'm excited. 

Drew4719, Emmitt, Ergo Proxy and 1 other like this

1 minute ago, Osiruz said:

He was good in coverage, although he doesnt ever try to intercept passes or jump routes which is one of my beefs with him. We are paying him elite cb money but we get Dunta Robinson kind of production. 

If he can get back to his old level of coverage I don't care as much about the lack of turnovers. Tru at his peak was a top 10 CB even with hands covered in butter.

Just now, papachaz said:

was I the only one who thought that PI was about as ticky tack a call as there is? I mean was it even catchable?

That ball was barely catchable, if it was, and it was very ticky tack at best. Very. Crazy to think the calls they dealt with in Miami and didn't get any love in their own dome.

Just now, vel said:

That ball was barely catchable, if it was, and it was very ticky tack at best. Very. Crazy to think the calls they dealt with in Miami and didn't get any love in their own dome.

yeah we've seen Julio with a guy literally riding piggy back and not get a call, and tru barely touched that guy but drew the flag....

and you're right, so much for all those 'home cooking calls' most around here complain about  ;)

17 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

I was surprised that no one has mentioned Trufant's game last night. He looked like the old Trufant vs last year Trufant. Anyone else impressed?

Because we have some pathetic, chicken-****, little agenda driven wussy-girls who would rather hide than step up like a man & admit it.  

Probably a few sissy *** millennials who have no idea how to act like a man lmfao!!

Emmitt, Drew4719 and FalconsIn2012 like this

I was impressed.  Glad to see him getting back to his old form.  I did think that PI call on him was BS though.  Maybe the refs didn't realize we got rid of Alford?

Emmitt, CaliFalcons and ShadyRef like this

10 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Because we have some pathetic, chicken-****, little agenda driven wussy-girls who would rather hide than step up like a man & admit it.  

Probably a few sissy *** millennials who have no idea how to act like a man lmfao!!

Tell us how you really feel, Hash...I love the new you

HASHBROWN3 likes this

Just now, FalconsIn2020 said:

Tell us how you really feel, Hash...I love the new you

Look, not all millennials are this way but way too many have been brainwashed into believing it’s bad to act like a man. 

Toxic masculinity, gender neutrality and all kinds of other horse manure lies... it’s sad.

Just now, athell said:

Tru has been Tru.  People just hate him because of his price tag.

Nah. The price tag should never overshadow his play. If he's struggling, it should be rightfully pointed out. The downside to that is you receive "he was good the final 4 games" as a response. Who cares. If he struggles against the Vikings and Eagles to start the season, those critics shouldn't be overlooked if he shines against the Colts and Cardinals because he has a high chance to turn right around and struggle against the Texans. That's what comes with being a professional athlete

Yep . He looked liked like 2013-15 Trufant . Better late than never I guess . Hopefully it carries over & extends throughout the whole season . 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Nah. The price tag should never overshadow his play. If he's struggling, it should be rightfully pointed out. The downside to that is you receive "he was good the final 4 games" as a response. Who cares. If he struggles against the Vikings and Eagles to start the season, those critics shouldn't be overlooked if he shines against the Colts and Cardinals because he has a high chance to turn right around and struggle against the Texans. That's what comes with being a professional athlete

Tru has been Tru.  The injury in 2016 set him back a little, but dude has not been the terrible player a lot of people make him out to be here.  Again it comes down to cost and a fanbase that wants to be frugal with cap space.

Just now, athell said:

Tru has been Tru.  The injury in 2016 set him back a little, but dude has not been the terrible player a lot of people make him out to be here.  Again it comes down to cost and a fanbase that wants to be frugal with cap space.

If Tru has been Tru then he wouldn't be getting tested more and more. Remember, just as guys like Nnamdi, Tru was rarely tested his first 2 years and considered a top corner. As soon as he started getting tested regularly his weaknesses were exposed. Since then he has been inconsistent. PFF and whatever the other one is may not say it but when you actually watch him play you see he has been inconsistent in coverage. He's not terrible but he's certainly not the top 5 corner his supporters make him out to be. I say the same exact thing about PP who can't cover an elite WR to save his life

GeorgiaBoyz and ltstorm2 like this

4 minutes ago, athell said:

He’s literally been terrible dude . It’s just that simple . He was elite in 2013-15. Got injured in 16 when he started sucking Alford was the best CB on the team from 15-18. Poole, Alford & our Safeties all helped Trufant during 16 &17. Collins came in & was better than Truu in 16 when we finally IR’d him . No one here hates Truuu , he’s literally been a dud since 16 until this last preseason game or pointless games to end last season .    

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

If Tru has been Tru then he wouldn't be getting tested more and more. Remember, just as guys like Nnamdi, Tru was rarely tested his first 2 years and considered a top corner. As soon as he started getting tested regularly his weaknesses were exposed. Since then he has been inconsistent. PFF and whatever the other one is may not say it but when you actually watch him play you see he has been inconsistent in coverage. He's not terrible but he's certainly not the top 5 corner his supporters make him out to be. I say the same exact thing about PP who can't cover an elite WR to save his life

Who said anything about top 5?  

Listen to people around here talk about him and it sounds like he is a bottom third corner.  Tru is good, always has been.  Every corner gets weakness exposed, Tru is no different.  Jalen Ramsey gets exposed.  Patrick Peterson like you said.  There is no lock down corner anymore.

He is far far better than "not terrible".  The problem here...

1.  He can't catch

2.  He makes a lot

If he catches a few of those dropped picks every year, folks here would think he was elite.

Geaux_Falcons, Vandy and Drew4719 like this