Falcons In 2012

Questionable Coaching Decision: Matt Ryan

102 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

As long as we’re the best team in February, who cares about August, yes? 

I'm very concerned about kicker. Matt Bryant being reliable at 50+ yards has really helped us over the years. We may not have that anymore. Other than that I am not concerned about any other position.

Vandy likes this

2 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I'm very concerned about kicker. Matt Bryant being reliable at 50+ yards has really helped us over the years. We may not have that anymore. Other than that I am not concerned about any other position.

Bryant spoiled us falcon fans rotten......

48 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

They couldn’t pick up exotic blitzes or stunts. Mack didn’t look good either. I wouldn’t judge the line from last night.

I looked it up.  They have been stunting on defense since the 1800s.  The Falcons offensive line should have a concept of what it is...

Both preseason and the pro bowl are two things that need to stop existing. This isn't basketball, baseball, or soccer; football is a freaking violent sport and you can't just trot players out there for "exhibition" matches. Players are significantly risking their health every single snap they take on a field and asking them to do it for absolutely no reason is stupid. At most preseason should be TWO games long, which gives coaches plenty of time to get their starters a few "live" practice reps and evaluate those bench players on the bubble or involved in position battles. 

The fact the Falcons have to play 5 games of risky meaningless football this year irks me to no end. 

athell likes this

22 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

He is still available if need be.  Isn’t he?

He is.  Cost and age though...he spent a few games last year injured and you gotta suspect that will only get worse.

I think Italian Ice will be ok, he was fine last year replacing Money Matt but yeah, it for sure makes you perk up and watch these field goal attempts.  When Matt was kicking I'd get up and go refill my drink because I knew the outcome already.

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I’ve mentioned this a few times but thought a thread was warranted.  We know Greg Williams style of coaching.  We knew the house was coming on most pass plays.  So my question is this:

Why did the coaches not pull Ryan after 1 series?  It was clear protection was going to be an issue.  Why subject Ryan to 2 regular season games worth of punishment in just 1.5 quarters of meaningless preseason play?  We protect Julio in the preseason.  Why not Ryan, too?

They wanted to see some hint of continuity and or cohesion and when it happened....two drops in the endzone...IBGD!!

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

Lol. I don’t think that’s the case. It was with smith late in his tenure tho. Dull iron sharpening dull iron. 

Did you know the Jets didnt play one OL starter last night? 

Just now, SPITFIRE said:

This was the best thing that could happen during the pre-season

Getting your QB destroyed is never a “best thing that could happen.”  Put Simms in if you’re going to test your OL vs a dominant DL

Just now, FalconsIn2020 said:

Getting your QB destroyed is never a “best thing that could happen.”  Put Simms in if you’re going to test your OL vs a dominant DL

He didnt get destroyed, its football Matt Ryan will be getting hit. The stress right now on both sides of the ball is communication, and last night showed them what they need to do and how much they need to be vocal and account for assignments. The growth from last night to the next game and into the season will be really good. Imagine getting those blitz's in a away  game when you cannot make the adjustments easy because of the noise. They had trouble communicating at home. 

1 hour ago, athell said:

He is.  Cost and age though...he spent a few games last year injured and you gotta suspect that will only get worse.

I think Italian Ice will be ok, he was fine last year replacing Money Matt but yeah, it for sure makes you perk up and watch these field goal attempts.  When Matt was kicking I'd get up and go refill my drink because I knew the outcome already.

The only way we bring Bryant back is if Girorgio becomes a Chicago Bear's kicker type of liability, and I agree I don't see that happening. If people's expectations are he is going to be just as good as Bryant had been the last several years they are going to be let down though. 

13 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Tackles.

Didnt notice them first time i rewatched the game, ill go back and check again.. If they did, it must have been for one series 

2 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Didnt notice them first time i rewatched the game, ill go back and check again.. If they did, it must have been for one series 

Looking back I think it was just the LT

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

14 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Looking back I think it was just the LT

Could be, idk whats up with our dline or oline.. Maybe DQ's approach to preseason needs to change.. Looks like alot of teams are prepared much more than we are. Jmo

6 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I think if the Michael Vick injury would happen to a star QB today there would be a lot more action taken. I think an injury to a superstar QB is going to trigger immediate rule changes in the preseason. 

I just don't want 18 game regular seasons!! Seems the only way they'll take away more preseason games is if they can convert them into regular season games so that the owners won't lose out on money in their pocket. That's the way we ended up with 16 regular season games in the first place. There used to be 6 preseson games and 14 regular season games and then in 1978 they changed it to 16 regular season games and 4 preseason games. Same number of games so the owners get the same amount of money in their pockets.