Jump to content

Do want to point out how well the defense played after that first drive


falconidae
 Share

Recommended Posts

After the Jets first drive, the Jets never moved the ball again, that's obscured by multitudes of yellow flags on our ST and our 3rd team QB giving the Jets the ball in the red zone.

After that first drive, Jets ran 43 plays, they gained 133 yards, barely over 3 yards a play.

They were 1-10 on 3rd down, they were 0-2 on 4th down.

Granted, Jets, still, really strong showing by the defense after that first drive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes they looked better but remember... it's pre-season.

That works both ways.

Individually I liked some of the things I saw but it was pre-season.... against the Jets.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Conversely on the offense,  other than Seven Sack Sambrillo,  the line probably won't be as bad as they looked last night... pre-season.

That being said,  per-season games are much more fun to watch when the team isn't getting pushed around all game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Yes they looked better but remember... it's pre-season.

That works both ways.

Individually I liked some of the things I saw but it was pre-season.... against the Jets.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Conversely on the offense,  other than Seven Sack Sambrillo,  the line probably won't be as bad as they looked last night... pre-season.

That being said,  per-season games are much more fun to watch when the team isn't getting pushed around all game.

The defense wasn't getting pushed around at all. After the first drive they shut the Jets offense down. Which is what you want them to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep. You can tell that first drive was a combo of rust and excitement. Once they got settled in, the Jets literally didn't threaten again. It was actually a sight to see. I started playing with my dog when the Jets had the ball because stops became that routine. It was actually impressive. Makes me look forward to week one even more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, falconidae said:

The defense wasn't getting pushed around at all. After the first drive they shut the Jets offense down. Which is what you want them to do.

Yes and it was better to watch then them giving up multiple TD drives.

However,  we’re not going to really know what the defense is until a couple of games into the season.

For example last night they decided to attack #21 instead of Oliver.  In the regular season that’s probably not going to happen.

That being said I like what I’ve seen... other than seeing more consistency from Cominsky and Larkin.  Those guys looks like starters for a minute which goes to show you can’t take too much from preseason.

The key to preseason is consistency.  If the defense has another showing like this again then we might have something to talk about. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Yes and it was better to watch then them giving up multiple TD drives.

However,  we’re not going to really know what the defense is until a couple of games into the season.

For example last night they decided to attack #21 instead of Oliver.  In the regular season that’s probably not going to happen.

That being said I like what I’ve seen... other than seeing more consistency from Cominsky and Larkin.  Those guys looks like starters for a minute which goes to show you can’t take too much from preseason.

The key to preseason is consistency.  If the defense has another showing like this again then we might have something to talk about. 

 

There's a lot to be upset bout with the game- ST, penalties, sacks, Simms- defense is not on that list.

And that's a defense with several key pieces not playing much if at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...