E. T.

Dodgers @ Braves

814 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Kranitz must be getting through :ninja:

You've been a live one this series.

Must have been that Postseason atmosphere. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phillies lost so they're 9 games back, 2 back of the Cubs for the #2 WC. 

Cardinals have climbed into a tie with the Cubs atop the central. That's obviously of note because the East winner will play the Central winner this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, LouDog said:

In a couple of weeks when Dansby and Markakis return we are gonna destroy some teams. Fixed our only weakness (bullpen) and still have a very good offense while missing several of our starters. Its gonna be scary.

If Riley,Ender,and Markakis are all back by end of September...there are going to be some interesting and tough decisions

LouDog likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, LouDog said:

In a couple of weeks when Dansby and Markakis return we are gonna destroy some teams. Fixed our only weakness (bullpen) and still have a very good offense while missing several of our starters. Its gonna be scary.

Dansby and Markakis will help for sure. Riley and Ender will then really help our depth as well. 

Still have some concern about the bullpen though. Greene is rounding into form like most of us thought he would. Martin and Melancon are looking better, but both aren't fully there yet. Then Swarzak has been much better in August. 2 ER over 6 IP this month. Hopefully Webb can come back and be effective too.

There are some holes, but there have been several positive signs in the pen recently.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Dansby and Markakis will help for sure. Riley and Ender will then really help our depth as well. 

Still have some concern about the bullpen though. Greene is rounding into form like most of us thought he would. Martin and Melancon are looking better, but both aren't fully there yet. Then Swarzak has been much better in August. 2 ER over 6 IP this month. Hopefully Webb can come back and be effective too.

There are some holes, but there have been several positive signs in the pen recently.  

I have faith in our bullpen guys. Still not sure if Melancon should be our closer but I like our guys as a whole

TheTrue7 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

If Riley,Ender,and Markakis are all back by end of September...there are going to be some interesting and tough decisions

Pretty sure I heard Markakis is just a couple of weeks away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LouDog said:

Pretty sure I heard Markakis is just a couple of weeks away

Braves will probably play it closer to the end of September especially if we already clinched 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

Braves will probably play it closer to the end of September especially if we already clinched 

Unless Washington just completley falls apart, we won't clinch until towards the end of september

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Unless Washington just completley falls apart, we won't clinch until towards the end of september

True

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL guy on Facebook telling me he's  a huge Braves fan and loves Acuna but he's lazy and jogs to balls in the OF every night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Dansby and Markakis will help for sure. Riley and Ender will then really help our depth as well. 

Still have some concern about the bullpen though. Greene is rounding into form like most of us thought he would. Martin and Melancon are looking better, but both aren't fully there yet. Then Swarzak has been much better in August. 2 ER over 6 IP this month. Hopefully Webb can come back and be effective too.

There are some holes, but there have been several positive signs in the pen recently.  

Melancon has a FIP below 1. He's pitched so much better than his ERA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LouDog said:

Pretty sure I heard Markakis is just a couple of weeks away

Mid September is his earliest possibility 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Melancon has a FIP below 1. He's pitched so much better than his ERA.

We should have been out of that Marlins game when he was pitching I know. He's going to be fine. A lot of this bad luck isn't going to last 

TheTrue7 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

We should have been out of that Marlins game when he was pitching I know. He's going to be fine. A lot of this bad luck isn't going to last 

Careful when labeling it “bad luck”.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now