LaurentRobinsonDaGawd

Call Matt bryant ASAP

95 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

21-for-26 is pretty **** good. 5-for-6 from over 50 is really **** good. I'm not gonna get my panties in a wad about meaningless preseason games. You've got to remember that we're not running our starting unit out there in any area of the team. That makes such a major different to performance. OL tonight looked like garbage when the starters were in but I highly doubt its gonna look that bad come week 1 in Minnesota. Why? Because Alex Mack didn't play. Having your starting center out in the OL is like trying to drive a car with only 3 tires. Tavecchio will be fine.

Alex Mack played first two series I’m pretty sure.  When Wes went in they fumbled a snap exchange that series.

32 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

The backups will make up most of ST starters. Barner is the only guy who showed something on returns. He is hurt, Green has been a disappointment so far. Bosher is punting 35-40 yarders. I think biggest concern for this team is ST so far. 

bosher had punts of 57/55 tonight 

Xero, rings639 and falwalk like this

9 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Matt Bryant has to be on this team 

Dont care what anyone says....ask Ravens how important is Tucker to their legacy! 

You realize the reason they signed Tevecchio last year is because Bryant hurt himself making a long field goal right? That Bryant was dealing with back issues the whole year? Do you really think that at 44 years old, those issues are going away? If letting  Bryant go was such a bad move, why haven't a dozen teams rushed to sign him?

Love Matt Bryant, love his mental toughness and the many many clutch kicks the man made for the falcons. But the list of players who've played well at 44 is very very short and there's no reason to expect Bryant to be an exception to that rule.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Kickers who struggle in camp usually get cut in few weeks. I hope #4 turns it around. 

I'm not sure why it's so tough for him to grasp. Aguayo and Walsh were both heralded college kickers with short careers because of misses. Not so sure why he think missing can't affect Tavechio.

Flying Falcon likes this

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Last year means nothing for kickers. We saw what happened to Jason Elam and many other kickers. I don’t care about OL but kicker has been struggling from camp. On the bright side he is looking better now.

Elam was old. Like Bryant. The same thing could’ve happed to Bryant in one season. 

8 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Laurent Robinson, the god  is on it. 

If we can't get God, can we at least get Jesus?

No, I think Giorgio will be fine. If not burn this post... /slightly purp

PokerSteve likes this

No point bringing Bryant back in preseason. Let him continue kicking these next 2 weeks and see if he gets out this slump. 

Did people not learn from the Prater situation?

Y'all really want to bring back a 45-year old man whose leg was trying to fall off after every kick last year? 

Really?

I doubt Bryant would tell the team that fired him anything other than  'Oh...you want me back? Cool. F--k off'.

Even if he wanted to come back,  his wife wouldn't let him.  

Falconsfan567 and Geneaut like this

10 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

I’m just overall disappointed in what special teams is showing us right now. The electric returns aren’t there. The coverage isn’t consistent but I’m not sure how many “starters” are out there during the preseason. I’m assuming not many. 

You really can't expect solid takeaways from preseason special teams.  Like you say, starters are mostly absent, and the coaches are just looking to see if they have any hidden gems for ST.  What we're seeing is almost nothing like what's coming regular season.  

Falconsfan567 likes this

10 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Dude was cut from Oakland for a reason? LOL!!! You mean the same Oakland Raiders that have been one of the worst NFL franchises of the last 15 years? That Oakland Raiders? The team that paid 10 years and $100M to a coach who hadn't coached an NFL game in 10 years and wasn't all that good the first time he was an NFL coach? That's the team that we're talking about? That franchise? Really? Jesus Christ!!

Watch-Oakland-Raiders-fan-makes-Mark-Dav

Falconsfan567 and Xero like this

12 hours ago, falconidae said:

You realize the reason they signed Tevecchio last year is because Bryant hurt himself making a long field goal right? That Bryant was dealing with back issues the whole year? Do you really think that at 44 years old, those issues are going away? If letting  Bryant go was such a bad move, why haven't a dozen teams rushed to sign him?

Love Matt Bryant, love his mental toughness and the many many clutch kicks the man made for the falcons. But the list of players who've played well at 44 is very very short and there's no reason to expect Bryant to be an exception to that rule.

Matt Bryant said he had some kind of a new workout and diet plan to stay healthy.

16 hours ago, rings639 said:

Alex Mack played first two series I’m pretty sure.  When Wes went in they fumbled a snap exchange that series.

Really? I thought they had said that he was getting the Julio treatment and wouldn't play at all in the preseason.

14 hours ago, stizz said:

I'm not sure why it's so tough for him to grasp. Aguayo and Walsh were both heralded college kickers with short careers because of misses. Not so sure why he think missing can't affect Tavechio.

Maybe because I find it a little INSANE to make that kind of conclusion based on 3 preseason games where we've yet to see the entire starting field goal unit on the field. I find it a little INSANE to put more weight on that than I do on his real game experience which is 21-for-26. As far as Blair Walsh goes, dude was pretty good in the NFL. For his career he was 154-for-187 (82.4%). Anything over 80% is good. Do you know what Matt Bryant's career percentage was before he signed with the Falcons in 2009? It was right around 80%. He didn't become Money Matt until after the Falcons signed him. Look at Matt Prater. he was dog meat for the Falcons, then he went to the Broncos and figured out something and bang, had a run of a handful of years as one of the best kickers in the NFL. What you guys don't understand about kickers is that they're like wine, they usually get better with age and that the best kickers in NFL history, usually had their peak years after the age of 30 and Tavecchio is right there, just turned 29.

As I was trying to point out with the Allen Iverson clip, you guys are getting upset about practice!! We talking about practice man!! We ain't talking about the game, we ain't talking about the game. We talking about practice!! Lots of players suck balls in practice but put them in a real game and boom, they're money. Lots of guys shine in preseason "games/practice" but then the lights really come on and they suck balls.

As far as "we're gonna lose games this year because of the kicker" how soon you all forget what this man did last year when the Falcons needed him the most!! Remember the 56 yard field goal to win the game against the Giants? Here's the link if you forgot.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000977614/Tavecchio-seals-win-with-unreal-56-yard-FG

But I guess sense Bedwetter said it then it must be true, Falcons have problem at place kicker, although, let's ignore that the field goal he's talking about Tavecchio "woefully missing" was blocked because we wouldn't want facts to get in the way of a good story.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/football/falcons-have-problem-place-kicker/4Nq21B9ppVu80331igIDiM/

falconidae and Jerz #Quinning like this

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Maybe because I find it a little INSANE to make that kind of conclusion based on 3 preseason games where we've yet to see the entire starting field goal unit on the field. I find it a little INSANE to put more weight on that than I do on his real game experience which is 21-for-26. As far as Blair Walsh goes, dude was pretty good in the NFL. For his career he was 154-for-187 (82.4%). Anything over 80% is good. Do you know what Matt Bryant's career percentage was before he signed with the Falcons in 2009? It was right around 80%. He didn't become Money Matt until after the Falcons signed him. Look at Matt Prater. he was dog meat for the Falcons, then he went to the Broncos and figured out something and bang, had a run of a handful of years as one of the best kickers in the NFL. What you guys don't understand about kickers is that they're like wine, they usually get better with age and that the best kickers in NFL history, usually had their peak years after the age of 30 and Tavecchio is right there, just turned 29.

As I was trying to point out with the Allen Iverson clip, you guys are getting upset about practice!! We talking about practice man!! We ain't talking about the game, we ain't talking about the game. We talking about practice!! Lots of players suck balls in practice but put them in a real game and boom, they're money. Lots of guys shine in preseason "games/practice" but then the lights really come on and they suck balls.

As far as "we're gonna lose games this year because of the kicker" how soon you all forget what this man did last year when the Falcons needed him the most!! Remember the 56 yard field goal to win the game against the Giants? Here's the link if you forgot.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000977614/Tavecchio-seals-win-with-unreal-56-yard-FG

But I guess sense Bedwetter said it then it must be true, Falcons have problem at place kicker, although, let's ignore that the field goal he's talking about Tavecchio "woefully missing" was blocked because we wouldn't want facts to get in the way of a good story.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/football/falcons-have-problem-place-kicker/4Nq21B9ppVu80331igIDiM/

That's my point man. Walsh was good and one kick ruined his career. If a dude who had a better track record than Tavechio was dropped over 1 kick, why can't we bring in competition for a guy who isn't as proven. One game against the freaking Giants isn't proven. 

Edited by stizz

Just now, stizz said:

That's my point man. Walsh was good and one kick ruined his career. If a dude who had a better track record than Tavechio was dropped over 1 kick, why can't we bring in competition for a guy who isn't as proven.

Missing a chip shot FG in a playoff game is vastly different than missing a 50 plus yard FG in a preseason "game." Walsh never recovered mentally from that. If Tavecchio was out there shanking chip shot field goals you would have a point. But he's missed only 3 field goals in preseason and all have been over 50 yards and one of them was blocked. You guys are overreacting to nothing. This would be like overreacting to Matt Ryan throwing interceptions on 40 yard passes. It's pure silliness right now.

Bigbenright likes this

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Missing a chip shot FG in a playoff game is vastly different than missing a 50 plus yard FG in a preseason "game." Walsh never recovered mentally from that. If Tavecchio was out there shanking chip shot field goals you would have a point. But he's missed only 3 field goals in preseason and all have been over 50 yards and one of them was blocked. You guys are overreacting to nothing. This would be like overreacting to Matt Ryan throwing interceptions on 40 yard passes. It's pure silliness right now.

What are you talking about man. Tavechio hasn't proven anything and we have handed him a job. A man that has proven much more does not have a job over a missed kick in the playoffs 3 years ago. All we are asking for is competition at the position. 

17 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

I think we all can agree that Matt Bryant wants him to miss every attempt. Especially Bryant's wife.

She already has the tweet ready if he misses a kick in an important game.

SpongeDad and Xero like this

3 minutes ago, stizz said:

What are you talking about man. Tavechio hasn't proven anything and we have handed him a job. A man that has proven much more does not have a job over a missed kick in the playoffs 3 years ago. All we are asking for is competition at the position. 

I'm talking about you being silly and being in a panic over practice!! Practice dude!!! OMG!!! We're talking about practice!!! Not the game, practice!!! You keep comparing him to Blair Walsh, why, I don't know. Blair Walsh has nothing to do with this conversation. But whatever. You continue to do you, I'm out because I'm tired of repeating myself to someone who refuses to acknowledge that panicking over practice is silly.

23 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm talking about you being silly and being in a panic over practice!! Practice dude!!! OMG!!! We're talking about practice!!! Not the game, practice!!! You keep comparing him to Blair Walsh, why, I don't know. Blair Walsh has nothing to do with this conversation. But whatever. You continue to do you, I'm out because I'm tired of repeating myself to someone who refuses to acknowledge that panicking over practice is silly.

You must be Tavechio's relative. I bring up Walsh because he's much more accomplished without a job. Turn on your thinking cap for us.

22 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

I think we all can agree that Matt Bryant wants him to miss every attempt. Especially Bryant's wife.

Lol

13 hours ago, octoslash said:

Y'all really want to bring back a 45-year old man whose leg was trying to fall off after every kick last year? 

Really?

I doubt Bryant would tell the team that fired him anything other than  'Oh...you want me back? Cool. F--k off'.

Even if he wanted to come back,  his wife wouldn't let him.  

He knows the Falcons fans love him and the players are probably friends with him.