LaurentRobinsonDaGawd

Call Matt bryant ASAP

95 posts in this topic

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

we-must-overreact-immediately-13929224.p

Would rather have it not carry over to the regular season where the margin of error is nonexistent. We have tough competition for the division, and playoffs, and it could come down to a simple win or lose, which could be decided by a kick or two. Missed waaaaaay to many already in preseason.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

Someone said he struggled kicking from the right hash in practice. I wonder what happened with the second kick because he was talking to the snapper. 

1 minute ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Would rather have it not carry over to the regular season where the margin of error is nonexistent. We have tough competition for the division, and playoffs, and it could come down to a simple win or lose, which could be decided by a kick or two. Missed waaaaaay to many already in preseason.

In the REGULAR SEASON Giorgio Tavecchio is 21-for-26 (80.8%) in his career. He was 5-for-5 (100.0%) last year for the Falcons. He is 5-for-6 (83.3%) from over 50 yards in his career.

4 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Someone said he struggled kicking from the right hash in practice. I wonder what happened with the second kick because he was talking to the snapper. 

I saw him struggle in camp. He looked better today though. Definitely work in progress right now. He still has time to work before season kicks in.

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

In the REGULAR SEASON Giorgio Tavecchio is 21-for-26 (80.8%) in his career. He was 5-for-5 (100.0%) last year for the Falcons. He is 5-for-6 (83.3%) from over 50 yards in his career.

Last year and small sample size doesn’t mean much. There are concerns from camp, he is getting better and hopefully it’s all sorted out.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Kicker is one of the most fickle positions in sports unless they have a history of being consistent. Everyone can name a kicker who had a good year and then a bad one. Dude was cut for a reason from Oakland.

Just now, falcons007 said:

I saw him struggle in camp. He looked better today though. Definitely work in progress right now. He still has time to work before season kicks in.

Maybe the adjustment to a left footed kicker is more difficult than previously stated. Hopefully he gets It together. 

falcons007 likes this

Just now, NWFALCON said:

Maybe the adjustment to a left footed kicker is more difficult than previously stated. Hopefully he gets It together. 

Yeah. You can’t really blame him for first missed/ blocked FG, though it was low trajectory kick.  Anyways this team has moved on from Bryant. 

Yeah. You can’t really blame him for first missed/ blocked FG, though it was low trajectory kick.  Anyways this team has moved on from Bryant. 

I’m just overall disappointed in what special teams is showing us right now. The electric returns aren’t there. The coverage isn’t consistent but I’m not sure how many “starters” are out there during the preseason. I’m assuming not many. 

PokerSteve likes this

Last year and small sample size doesn’t mean much. There are concerns from camp, he is getting better and hopefully it’s all sorted out.

21-for-26 is pretty **** good. 5-for-6 from over 50 is really **** good. I'm not gonna get my panties in a wad about meaningless preseason games. You've got to remember that we're not running our starting unit out there in any area of the team. That makes such a major different to performance. OL tonight looked like garbage when the starters were in but I highly doubt its gonna look that bad come week 1 in Minnesota. Why? Because Alex Mack didn't play. Having your starting center out in the OL is like trying to drive a car with only 3 tires. Tavecchio will be fine.

Just now, NWFALCON said:

I’m just overall disappointed in what special teams is showing us right now. The electric returns aren’t there. The coverage isn’t consistent but I’m not sure how many “starters” are out there during the preseason. I’m assuming not many. 

The backups will make up most of ST starters. Barner is the only guy who showed something on returns. He is hurt, Green has been a disappointment so far. Bosher is punting 35-40 yarders. I think biggest concern for this team is ST so far. 

PokerSteve likes this

4 minutes ago, stizz said:

Kicker is one of the most fickle positions in sports unless they have a history of being consistent. Everyone can name a kicker who had a good year and then a bad one. Dude was cut for a reason from Oakland.

Dude was cut from Oakland for a reason? LOL!!! You mean the same Oakland Raiders that have been one of the worst NFL franchises of the last 15 years? That Oakland Raiders? The team that paid 10 years and $100M to a coach who hadn't coached an NFL game in 10 years and wasn't all that good the first time he was an NFL coach? That's the team that we're talking about? That franchise? Really? Jesus Christ!!

gkgrimes likes this

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

21-for-26 is pretty **** good. 5-for-6 from over 50 is really **** good. I'm not gonna get my panties in a wad about meaningless preseason games. You've got to remember that we're not running our starting unit out there in any area of the team. That makes such a major different to performance. OL tonight looked like garbage when the starters were in but I highly doubt its gonna look that bad come week 1 in Minnesota. Why? Because Alex Mack didn't play. Having your starting center out in the OL is like trying to drive a car with only 3 tires. Tavecchio will be fine.

Last year means nothing for kickers. We saw what happened to Jason Elam and many other kickers. I don’t care about OL but kicker has been struggling from camp. On the bright side he is looking better now.

Flying Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

The backups will make up most of ST starters. Barner is the only guy who showed something on returns. He is hurt, Green has been a disappointment so far. Bosher is punting 35-40 yarders. I think biggest concern for this team is ST so far. 

Bosher boomed like 3 or 4 for 50+ tonight. My stream sucked so I’ll rewatch the game later. 

FalCanada and papachaz like this

Last year means nothing for kickers. We saw what happened to Jason Elam and many other kickers. I don’t care about OL but kicker has been struggling from camp. On the bright side he is looking better now.

1 minute ago, NWFALCON said:

Bosher boomed like 3 or 4 for 50+ tonight. My stream sucked so I’ll rewatch the game later. 

I remember a 38 yarder to Jets 35 yard line.

Just now, NWFALCON said:

The next one was a boomer. 

Inconsistency was a problem last year too. Falcons should start looking for a punter. 

Kickers who struggle in camp usually get cut in few weeks. I hope #4 turns it around. 

LOL!! TATF is just too much!! I'm outta here!!

Geneaut likes this