Mr.Blank

What's the NFL record for consecutive preseason losses?

66 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, shockerfalcon said:

Fun fact: Baltimore won it’s 15th consecutive preseason game tonight. 

I sure like that approach better. 

7 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Well greg williams threw out every blitz in the book.. do you think we really game planned for 6-7 man blitzs? It was dumb af to see the jets running double  a gap blitz every 3rd play

Well we better prep now cause we're sure as heck gonna see it again. Double A has been a pretty consistent strategy to neutralize  Ryan over the years.

7 hours ago, mqg96 said:

How about what's the record for consecutive AFC losses in the regular season and preseason combined? 

Ouch, now that one does sting a bit.

These kind of threads set off the fence sitters and panic mode sets in.

Godzilla1985 likes this

17 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Well greg williams threw out every blitz in the book.. do you think we really game planned for 6-7 man blitzs? It was dumb af to see the jets running double  a gap blitz every 3rd play

It was very dumb and I would have pulled Matt Ryan a lot quicker than Quinn did. I didn't like seeing Ryan take all those hits.

HouseofEuphoria likes this

We lose every preseason game because of our lack of depth...11 losses in a row shows that we haven't had solid depth on both sides of the ball in over three seasons

4LoveoftheGame likes this

35 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

How many Super Bowls has it won them during that time? Don't they have like a .500 or below regular season record in that time span?

That’s fair.

I get it, but still just hate losing, even in preseason. 

i wonder what pats overall preseason record has been during their dynasty run? I bet our resident Patriots expert @FalconsIn2020 knows. 

18 hours ago, Lowndesfalc said:

And two free agent guards. I bet Blank's meeting with Quinn and Dimi will be charged in the morning.

Should be, TD and Quinn should be fired if the OL still sucks this year

Lowndesfalc likes this

9 minutes ago, JBridgez said:

We lose every preseason game because of our lack of depth...11 losses in a row shows that we haven't had solid depth on both sides of the ball in over three seasons

Last night was another game that we would have "won" if we even had a semi decent #3 QB. But because we've been running Matt Simms out there for the entire second half of games for 3 years now, well, that's how you end up with 11 straight losses in the preseason. I'm not concerned.

JBridgez likes this

13 minutes ago, Vandy said:

That’s fair.

I get it, but still just hate losing, even in preseason. 

i wonder what pats overall preseason record has been during their dynasty run? I bet our resident Patriots expert @FalconsIn2020 knows. 

37-42-1

And if I didn’t like you I’d give you the finger.  You’re a student of the Pats too

Vandy likes this

59 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It was very dumb and I would have pulled Matt Ryan a lot quicker than Quinn did. I didn't like seeing Ryan take all those hits.

In the long run, that might actually be a benefit, because you know you're going to see a much more focused effort going forward from that offensive line. At least by God we better.

13 hours ago, stizz said:

Hardy is no lock to make the team. Julio  , Sanu, Ridley, and Gage are the locks. We don't know how serious Gage is injured. That leaves 3 spots to fill. 

Zac, Blake , and Grey

4LoveoftheGame likes this

7 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

37-42-1

And if I didn’t like you I’d give you the finger.  You’re a student of the Pats too

LOL, I would deserve it too for even bringing you into this kind of discussion....

my point was, 37-42 isn’t very stellar, but it’s still better than 0-11....:)

18 hours ago, stizz said:

We are looking at three WR positions to fill, maybe 4 with Gage's injury. Does Matt Simms give you the best look to evaluate those receivers?

How are you surprised by this? Quinn has done the same exact thing since he's been here. By now it should be obvious that any win in preseason is strictly accidental.

23 minutes ago, JBridgez said:

Naah, much simpler explanation that that. Quinn uses the second halves of preseason games to try and find a competent back up QB. Hasn't found one yet.

Last 11 games, those QBs have thrown 1 TD, a pick 6 and 7 TOs total. Last 11 preseason second halves, Falcon QBs have a net of zero TD passes.

4 minutes ago, falconidae said:

How are you surprised by this? Quinn has done the same exact thing since he's been here. By now it should be obvious that any win in preseason is strictly accidental.

Naah, much simpler explanation that that. Quinn uses the second halves of preseason games to try and find a competent back up QB. Hasn't found one yet.

Last 11 games, those QBs have thrown 1 TD, a pick 6 and 7 TOs total. Last 11 preseason second halves, Falcon QBs have a net of zero TD passes.

Beacuse I like to remain competitive and don't like the fact we haven't won in 3 preseasons.

2 minutes ago, stizz said:

Beacuse I like to remain competitive and don't like the fact we haven't won in 3 preseasons.

DQ obviously has a completely different mindset than you do about preseason, you're never going to see what you want. Why complain so much about it?

rings639 likes this

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

DQ obviously has a completely different mindset than you do about preseason, you're never going to see what you want. Why complain so much about it?

Because maybe he's the one that loses his job this year if he fails? I'm sorry I'd like our depth to be competitive and not automatic losses. 

1 minute ago, stizz said:

Because maybe he's the one that loses his job this year if he fails? I'm sorry I'd like our depth to be competitive and not automatic losses. 

So, he should listen to you to keep his job?

12 minutes ago, falconidae said:

So, he should listen to you to keep his job?

No, but he should switch things up to avoid losing it. He wouldn't have taken over the defense if he didn't feel the pressure of being out of a job. Lot of excuses and rah rah.

2 minutes ago, stizz said:

No, but he should switch things up to avoid losing it. He wouldn't have taken over the defense if he didn't feel the pressure of being out of a job. Lot of excuses and rah rah.

Why should he avoid losing in preseason?

Just now, falconidae said:

Why should he avoid losing in preseason?

Because it has been a direct correlation with the lack of team depth, especially last season.

10 minutes ago, stizz said:

Because it has been a direct correlation with the lack of team depth, especially last season.

So,if an 0-4 indicates a lack of depth,  how did they go 10-6 and win a playoff game in 2017 with an 0-4 preseason record?

There have been several 0for teams that were very good teams- several made deep playoff runs, 3 went to the super bowl, 1 won the super bowl,

How can preseason records matter when one team is obviously not trying to win?

,And, it wasn't  a lack of quality depth  that caused 0-4 in 18, or 17 either. in 2018.  the 3rd string QB, who played most of the 2nd halves of games. had 0 TDs and 4 picks, Benkert was horrible, rest of team had plenty of quality depth until 7-8 key injuries ate it up.

Red Flags for sure.

Matt Ryan was sacked 42 times last season.

He went down 3 times last night, also with 9 hurries, in less than a half of play. 4 drives.

I've seen this show before.

O-line better get healthy, and block for Ryan or heads are gonna ******* roll. This offense cost us a ton of money!

21 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I think we're already pretty much set on the WR position. I don't see any surprises when it comes to the roster. I don't know where you're getting that we're looking to fill 3 WR positions. We've got Julio, Ridley, Sanu as the top 3. Gage if his injury isn't bad will be number 4. Justin Hardy will be there as number 5. Then we're looking at the 6th spot, which usually goes to the best special teams guy.

it's not like we don't have 2 more preseason games where all the backups will play the most part of 6 of those 8 quarters or nothin....

oh wait

:ninja::tiphat:

Drew4719 and Falconsfan567 like this