Official game thread Falcons Jets?

falconidae

1 minute ago, NWFALCON said:

Defense settled down after the first drive. O line had some issues and special teams is special. 

Well to lines defense there is no game planning and a blitzing team is gonna tee off in pre season because that’s what they have to fine tune. We’re not gonna see any type of planning until next game. I don’t understand why folks get so upset about a game where there’s no game planning. Against a team that lives and dies by the blitz that’s fine tuning what they do. 

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

Well to lines defense there is no game planning and a blitzing team is gonna tee off in pre season because that’s what they have to fine tune. We’re not gonna see any type of planning until next game. I don’t understand why folks get so upset about a game where there’s no game planning. Against a team that lives and dies by the blitz that’s fine tuning what they do. 

I get the blitzing and not game planning but It should’ve been better after Denver. Also it’s not cool to see o linemen on their *****. 

4 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Would also like to add the idea that the Jets probably did need this win more than we did, because they sure ain't beating the Pats or anybody else for a playoff berth in the regular season.

31 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

I get the blitzing and not game planning but It should’ve been better after Denver. Also it’s not cool to see o linemen on their *****. 

It’s not and it never will be when you don’t game plan for it. And it actually was better than Denver. That’s EXACTLY what pre season is for. To see how they handle situations and can go over it in film. There’s no offense out there that will stand up to a blitzing team in pre season. The ONLY game I game halfway serious in pre season is the 3rd game cause there’s a little game planning. Outside of that don’t expect everything to be smooth sailing. It never will be. And they need to see it to get better. 

47 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

It’s not and it never will be when you don’t game plan for it. And it actually was better than Denver. That’s EXACTLY what pre season is for. To see how they handle situations and can go over it in film. There’s no offense out there that will stand up to a blitzing team in pre season. The ONLY game I game halfway serious in pre season is the 3rd game cause there’s a little game planning. Outside of that don’t expect everything to be smooth sailing. It never will be. And they need to see it to get better. 

You know who gets better from tonight? Lindstrum.

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

I just watched the first half again. The blitzing isn’t what caught my eye. It was guys just getting flat out beat. Ty got dominated several times. On one sack he just got destroyed by the defense in the hand fighting. I don’t know if he’s over thinking or was just outclassed but he did not look aggressive at all.

the TD run by Montgomery and a couple long runs were the result of the guys in the edge crashing too hard in off of the edge. I think that’s an easy fix. Takk, Clay, and Campbell were all guilty of this. 

Also, when will we start getting consistent holds and illegal use of hands called on opposing offensive linemen? It’s insane how much other teams get away with  

7 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Keep them rose colored glasses on homers. 

This line is not getting the job done. Yes the Jets are blitzing, but so will teams in the season. If this is the best our O-Line can do when blitzed then we're in big trouble. 

Matt is getting hit every dropback. That's not ever ideal

Dude during the season they will have a game plan and film to watch on blitzes from opponents. How were they supppsed to communicate about blitzes they weren’t prepared for in a preseason game? Lol. There’s not even audible or protections to call. Did you one time see Matt call a protection slide? Not at all. Know why? There was no game plan!! No offensive line is gonna look good against unprepared for blitzes. 

6 hours ago, falcons007 said:

It’s not just him, the communication on OL is going to be bad with out prep. Gregg Williams is a scum bag who does it in preseason.

That's true but he needs to get his wins when he can.... dont really think that's going to help him in the regular season.. lol (gregg Williams)

Edited by AllStarHandyMan

5 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Dude during the season they will have a game plan and film to watch on blitzes from opponents. How were they supppsed to communicate about blitzes they weren’t prepared for in a preseason game? Lol. There’s not even audible or protections to call. Did you one time see Matt call a protection slide? Not at all. Know why? There was no game plan!! No offensive line is gonna look good against unprepared for blitzes. 

Yeah, not to say that I liked seeing Matt hit repeatedly, but that's not happening in a regular season game.

I'm wondering if Ty was  hurt earlier in the game and didn't tell anyone because he knows his job is in jeopardy. Looks like Gono will get plenty of playing time at RT next couple of  games.

58 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

So didn’t watch the game, but read through this thread this AM...still trying to figure out who looked worse, the team or the MB posters :huh:

You know, as much as I'm on the "preseason wins don't matter" team, I'm one of the captains in fact, I still hate losing when the game is going on. I just realize the greater purpose for the preseason and quickly get over it.

33 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Yeah, not to say that I liked seeing Matt hit repeatedly, but that's not happening in a regular season game.

I'm wondering if Ty was  hurt earlier in the game and didn't tell anyone because he knows his job is in jeopardy. Looks like Gono will get plenty of playing time at RT next couple of  games.

I kinda want gono to start next game to see how he does. 

13 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

This team plays too soft...win or lose 

Dont see that intensity from Offense.

Defense under COACH Q will be top 10.

This charmin soft offensive line and  lack of special teams playmakers concerns me.

Yeah I like fire and swagger, rarely see that out of our guys. Would really like to see them more fired up. Maybe when Reg. Season starts.