Odds Quinn 1st Coach Fired In 2019

Since1990

15 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I think AB is very patient but DQ has some major issues now. I haven’t seen a Falcons team this bad in years.

I have.  In 2014.  This looks all too familiar to me.  We had 2 wins by this time that season, but it was the same "no reason to think this team is going to win" mentality after that.  We were 2-6 at the bye.  Closed out 4-4 for a 6-10 record.

I've seen this movie before.

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I have.  In 2014.  This looks all too familiar to me.  We had 2 wins by this time that season, but it was the same "no reason to think this team is going to win" mentality after that.  We were 2-6 at the bye.  Closed out 4-4 for a 6-10 record.

I was thinking the same thing. The 18-19 Falcons feel alot like the 13-14 Falcons. The same "we gotta get tougher" montra and all.

46 minutes ago, Bigbenright said:

We are staring 3-13 in the face at this point. If DQ can never beat an AFC team his team will NEVER win a SB.

Well,  I knew we should have picked up a couple of Vet proven OL that we for sure could depend on and then draft a couple of top notch DE's,  I really would love to have gotten DE Clelin Ferrell from Clemson,,, He's already a beastly sack machine..  ,, WE missed our oppertunity with our rare High draft pick... But IMO that was our downfall for this year.. plus the crazy scheme change on the O#,, Why not stick to what we've always been good at??? 

What it amounts to,, is we need someone running the FO with a little bit of common sense !!  Sorry , but it's true. How can they be so blind.??

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

This is total speculation on my end, but having worked in a few toxic work environments over the years, that would make sense.  If the rest of my post is right, and Quinn is on the hot seat trying to motivate players who don't want to play, that's the sort of thing that gives a man knots in his stomach on a daily basis.

Which means he has lost the team. Right or wrong Ryan, Julio, Grady were just signed to extensions Quinn didn't say I don't know these guys don't play for me LOL nope he does what all coaches think I can get them to perform, ala 12 million on Beasley as per DQ SOFT SERVES request. That said its good I'm not the GM cause none of them would be untouchable players or coaches.

2 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well,  I knew we should have picked up a couple of Vet proven OL that we for sure could depend on and then draft a couple of top notch DE's,  I really would love to have gotten DE Clelin Ferrell from Clemson,,, He's already a beastly sack machine..  ,, WE missed our oppertunity with our rare High draft pick... But IMO that was our downfall for this year.. plus the crazy scheme change on the O#,, Why not stick to what we've always been good at??? 

What it amounts to,, is we need someone running the FO with a little bit of common sense !!  Sorry , but it's true. How can they be so blind.??

That’s not at all what you said this offseason, you were all in on the Quinn bandwagon. Heck, your first post in this very thread :

Oh I forgot about this gem of a thread.

As I said a lot can happen in a year.

Here's what I think happens.  As soon as the Falcons are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, (or like with Smith telling him RIGHT before the game that could eliminate them from the playoffs),  Blank will let Quinn know he will not be back next year.

Then it's up to Quinn if he sticks around.

And there is precedent for this.  Dan Reeves.

2 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

He has 5 tackles and 1 sack so far this season...they (Raiders Wire) said “he was severely outplayed by teammate Maxx Crosby” against the Colts. I am not saying brighter days aren’t ahead for CF, but he isn’t already a beastly sack machine 

On 9/30/2019 at 0:43 PM, 1989Fan said:

He has 5 tackles and 1 sack so far this season...they (Raiders Wire) said “he was severely outplayed by teammate Maxx Crosby” against the Colts. I am not saying brighter days aren’t ahead for CF, but he isn’t already a beastly sack machine 

And he went in the top 5 (massive reach) so it isn't like we had a shot at him. Sweat or Burns were more realistic prospects for us to target. 

5 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

The really sad thing is I am getting more entertainment value re-reading this thread than I have gotten from 3 Falcon games.

The story of a Falcon's Fan life: searching for enjoyment anywhere but the W/L column LOL.

I used to get a kick out of Glanville's post-game press interviews. We may have lost the games, but his interviews were #1 in the NFL.

On 9/30/2019 at 2:43 PM, 1989Fan said:

Ouchie.

On 9/30/2019 at 11:52 AM, JDaveG said:

Feel the same. That was the year I turned on Smitty and looks like this is the year I dump Quinn.

On 9/30/2019 at 2:10 PM, Vandy said:

That’s not at all what you said this offseason, you were all in on the Quinn bandwagon. Heck, your first post in this very thread :

True,, But how did I know if this change would work or not,,, I just thought that the FO knew what they were doing.. But we found out real soon they did not know what they were doing... I was shocked that they went with Quinn,, didn't seem like that would have been a good idea,,, And I found out along with everybody else,, That it was a terrible move.. TD is not known for making poor decisions ... Thankuflly,, But I guess there is always a first. It just came at the most critical time. That poor decision will take at least another year to get corrected. And I'LL be shocked if they can clean up the mess in that amount of time.