Odds Quinn 1st Coach Fired In 2019

Since1990

5 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Quick question but how many HOFers do you think are going to be on that 2013 Seahawk defense when it’s all said and done?

I say 4 at least.  Maybe 6.

Who are you thinking? Honestly I doubt they get 4. 

Thomas could

Sherman

Kam didn't have the stats and no matter what you say that matters to voters but he might slip in one day.

Wagner

That's 3 I could see.

8 hours ago, Since1990 said:

Thought this list was interesting.

I would have put him in the 20/1 range.

I just don't see Arthur Blank being THAT itchy to be the first to pull the trigger. If that happens, things have gone catastrophicly wrong!

My assumption all off season has been that he is on his final warning letter. Coaches don't make wholesale changes...including their own role...without cause. 

25 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Had the Falcons been reasonably healthy last year, DQ blows away Smith in 4 years. People forget how many people considered the falcons a super bowl favorite at the start of last year. Then, many of the players that made people think that got injured in the first 2 weeks.

The talent assembled by the falcons now far surpasses anything that Smith put together. And, I loved Smith, defended him until the overseas trip, still think he was the perfect hire for 2008. Would have let him go in 2013, but he had earned that extra year.

This Falcons team can be really really good for the next  5 years. You couldn't have said that about Smith's teams starting in 2012.

Smith was not in charge of our drafts. We got to where we were in 2013 due to some bad luck with injuries (Jerry/Weatherspoon/Moore) + very poor front office drafting 2009-2012.

Also.......To be fair, smith had a much more difficult job ahead of him in 2008 rebuilding this team than Quinn had to do 2015, if for no other reason than changing the culture and losing mindset after the year before disaster of Vick/Petrino et al.  Quinn inherited Ryan/Julio/Matthews on offense to build around. 

8 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Had the Falcons been reasonably healthy last year, DQ blows away Smith in 4 years. People forget how many people considered the falcons a super bowl favorite at the start of last year. Then, many of the players that made people think that got injured in the first 2 weeks.

The talent assembled by the falcons now far surpasses anything that Smith put together. And, I loved Smith, defended him until the overseas trip, still think he was the perfect hire for 2008. Would have let him go in 2013, but he had earned that extra year.

This Falcons team can be really really good for the next  5 years. You couldn't have said that about Smith's teams starting in 2012.

Which is WHY Quinn has to win.  Blank has a high powered, high priced offense and nothing to show for it so far.  I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just pointing out exactly what you said, with the talent the Falcons have, just getting by in the playoffs is not gonna get it done...

2 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Which is WHY Quinn has to win.  Blank has a high powered, high priced offense and nothing to show for it so far.  I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just pointing out exactly what you said, with the talent the Falcons have, just getting by in the playoffs is not gonna get it done...

But that talent is here because of Quinn, I think that, as long as there isn't a "Run the ##### ball" moment in the playoffs that he good for another year or two at least.

7 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

The worst move that could be made by our Owner is if he fired TD,,  The one who is on his way to making this team the best Falcon team ever!! This team we have right now is the by far the best Falcon team ever assembled.. I don't know much,, but I do know that much. I think our odds of winning a SB this year is around 4 to 1,, And that is because there is no doubt we have a top 4 team in the NFL this year... :tiphat: Just watch and get back to me after the season.. I'll confess that I was right!! :mmmhmm:

I do agree this is the best Falcons team we've put on the field barring maybe the 2017 team, but really this team IS better. 

3 minutes ago, falconidae said:

But that talent is here because of Quinn, I think that, as long as there isn't a "Run the ##### ball" moment in the playoffs that he good for another year or two at least.

I agree with this. What DQ can't afford is another losing season with defense bottom of league. Which is very unlikely. 

32 minutes ago, Vandy said:

You can pick bits and pieces of any team and point to a positive, but overall the falcons defense under quinn has been a disappointment.  No excuse for how bad we were last year on defense, even with the injuries. Which is why I said this is a critical year for Quinn to bring everything together on that side of the ball. I think/hope he will, as he realizes it's a critical year which is why is why he took over being the DC................but if he doesn't turn it around, I'm not so sure he's safe for another year.............

That’s not bits and pieces.  The only year I can judge us bad was 2016, and we finished the last 7 games as one of the best defensive units in football.  

8 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Quinn will be here for a long time,, He has gotten it done this off season,, Best one in my Falcon Fan life of 46 years,,  Other than Dan Reeves who took the cheapest team in SB history to the SB. That IMO will never happen again,, Just goes to show you,, it's not just having a lot of great talent, It's more the right philosophy than having a boat load of great players... But in today's NFL.. You have to have both.. No doubt, but I think we do have the team to make a run for the Title. And the right HC and OC , DC...

I don't see us having a great season.

I also don't see us having a catastrophic "first coach fired" season.

That is absolutely NOT Arthur Blank''s modus operandi.

That being said, what, exactly, has Dan Quinn "gotten done" this off season?If anyone got anything done, if our draft turns out great, then Dimitroff--- not Quinn--- will have "gotten it done". All Quinn did was re-hire an OC we fired; an OC who judging by how Matt Ryan's career elevated after said firing, was holding Matt Ryan back.

Edited by Roanoke Falcon

4 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

That’s not bits and pieces.  The only year I can judge us bad was 2016, and we finished the last 7 games as one of the best defensive units in football.  

Total defense rankings by year:

2015 = 16th

2016 = 25th

2017 = 9th

2018 = 28th

That averages out to bottom tier NFL defense overall for the 4 years. That's unacceptable and must change beginning this season, which is again why Quinn took over the DC duties. 

38 minutes ago, Vandy said:

You can pick bits and pieces of any team and point to a positive, but overall the falcons defense under quinn has been a disappointment.  No excuse for how bad we were last year on defense, even with the injuries. Which is why I said this is a critical year for Quinn to bring everything together on that side of the ball. I think/hope he will, but if he doesn't turn it around, I'm not so sure he's safe for another year.............as he realizes it's a critical year which is why is why he took over being the DC................

bingo...

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Total defense rankings by year:

2015 = 16th

2016 = 25th

2017 = 9th

2018 = 28th

That averages out to bottom tier NFL defense overall for the 4 years. 

I don’t include 2018.  Just using the 1st three years and Week 1 of 2018, you can see the progress and potential.  Don’t you think?

25 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Smith was not in charge of our drafts. We got to where we were in 2013 due to some bad luck with injuries (Jerry/Weatherspoon/Moore) + very poor front office drafting 2009-2012.

Also.......To be fair, smith had a much more difficult job ahead of him in 2008 rebuilding this team than Quinn had to do 2015, if for no other reason than changing the culture and losing mindset after the year before disaster of Vick/Petrino et al.  Quinn inherited Ryan/Julio/Matthews on offense to build around. 

THIS!!! Yes, Smith needed to go. His message had gotten stale. But no one who remembers the pre_Mike Smith Falcons can feel anything but appreciation and respect for what he gave this franchise.

Professionalism.

Respectability.

Our first EVER period of consistent winning football.

With absolutely no sarcasm, I tip my cap in appreciation and thankfulness to Mike Smith

16 minutes ago, falconidae said:

I will give you that he has added more talent to the defense, but that same defense hasn't produced.  So, Quinn HAS to take over the defense, which he did this season...

8 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

You say that but also gotta remember guys like John Lynch and Steve Atwater aren't even in.

He should get in. But we will see.

I agree.  If he has personal blowup in Baltimore that effects the team he will be seen different.  He still needs another 2-3 very good seasons and another All Pro to be a shoe in IMO.

Definitely think he gets in though

Just now, FalconsIn2020 said:

I agree.  If he has personal blowup in Baltimore that effects the team he will be seen different.  He still needs another 2-3 very good seasons and another All Pro to be a show in IMO.

Definitely think he gets in though

He currently has 1 more first team all pro than Atwater and Lynch I think. If he can make it to 4 it will separate him from them.

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

WHICH side of the ball dominated?  Which brings up my other point.  The reason the Falcons have been good is Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and the pieces around them: Tony Gonzalez, Sanu, Freeman, Turner, etc.  Quinn hasn't done nothing on defense that stands out from Mike Smith...

Dude that defense shutdown Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady for 3 quarters.  Held that high flying Rams offense to 13 the year after.