Odds Quinn 1st Coach Fired In 2019

Since1990

Quinn will be here for a long time,, He has gotten it done this off season,, Best one in my Falcon Fan life of 46 years,,  Other than Dan Reeves who took the cheapest team in SB history to the SB. That IMO will never happen again,, Just goes to show you,, it's not just having a lot of great talent, It's more the right philosophy than having a boat load of great players... But in today's NFL.. You have to have both.. No doubt, but I think we do have the team to make a run for the Title. And the right HC and OC , DC...

42 minutes ago, notthatcool said:

zero percent 

Look at Blanks history.

Two consecutive seasons of missing the playoffs is all it takes.

Smitty was by far the most successful coach for the Falcons... and he only got 2 losing seasons.  And they were injury filled seasons including one where he basically lost the entire starting o line.

Quinn isn’t as safe as you think.

I don't see Blank or Dimitroff, looking to get rid of DQ anytime soon. If the wheels come off on a healthy team, and they stink it up, then you might have to question if Quinn is right for the job, but I don't see that happening. In the four seasons Quinn has been here, he has had enough success to get him at least two more seasons at the helm. 

9 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Look at Blanks history.

Smitty was by far the most successful coach for the Falcons... and he only got 2 losing seasons.  And they were injury filled seasons including one where he basically lost the entire starting o line.

and even at that smitty didn't get canned until after the season, so if that happens, would he get it in 2019, or would it be early January 2020.....  ;)

2 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Doubt he is fired during the year no matter how it turns out, Another dud year though and he is gone after this offseason and TD may well be gone too.

The worst move that could be made by our Owner is if he fired TD,,  The one who is on his way to making this team the best Falcon team ever!! This team we have right now is the by far the best Falcon team ever assembled.. I don't know much,, but I do know that much. I think our odds of winning a SB this year is around 4 to 1,, And that is because there is no doubt we have a top 4 team in the NFL this year... :tiphat: Just watch and get back to me after the season.. I'll confess that I was right!! :mmmhmm:

27 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Look at Blanks history.

When are we going to learn that history has no bearing on your future? Smitty was a whole different scenario

25 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Look at Blanks history.

Smitty only had 1 playoff win. Quinn has 3 in less time. Also Falcons have way more talent then in 13/14.

0% chance.

This is one of the most talented Falcons teams we've ever had. We're even finding gems in the mid to late rounds and among UDFA.

Got to the SB in DQ's second year. Was close to going back to the NFC Championship game in his third year. 

Already had more playoff wins than we ever did under Smitty.

Just now, notthatcool said:

We are really going to look at our defensive numbers from last year?  Half the D was on IR 

Where did I say I'm only looking at last years numbers? Like it or not for the lions share of Quinn's tenure here his defenses have been sub par for a myriad of reasons that go outside of injuries.

49 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Look at Blanks history.

His teams were low on talent, and he was a bad xs and os coach. DQ is the best coach in Falcons history. 

6 minutes ago, MadeManshad said:

Dan Quinn is not getting fired no time soon 

Great 3rd post! :lol:  You are very right.!  Now with this years greatest off season in the way of talent aquired,, And after this season.. Quinn will be the most wanted Coach ,, But really the person to give credit to is our owner,  For being patient and figuring out with Quinn and TD what to do in order to put together the best team in the NFL.. They did figure it out.. No doubt in my mind that we are this year the most talented team in the league. 

All we have to do now is for our coaches to lead this group of talent like Dan Reeves did with a bunch of no names other than the QB to the SB with that team ...  This team is 50% more talented than Reeves team.. they got there by playing smart simple and run the ball.. That's what we need to do,, but hey , we have way more talent if we can only play smart.. No one will be any better than we are.

Just now, NCFalconfan said:

Where did I say I'm only looking at last years numbers? Like it or not for the lions share of Quinn's tenure here his defenses have been sub par for a myriad of reasons that go outside of injuries.

Look at the 16 defensive roster that he took to the SB.  He knows more about coaching D than 90 percent of the people on this board give him credit for.  With this D roster and DQ as the DC, I am expecting big things. 

And to answer your question.  You said if he has another year outside the top 20.  So I assumed you were referring last year.  But looking on nfl dot com points, scoring and yards, we have never been in the 20s.   

http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?season=2019&team=ATL&seasonType=