TheDirtyWordII

Falcons Claim QB/WR Danny Etling

75 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Check him out right here fellas

You had my curiosity.

Now you have my attention.

Solid pickup.  He won't make the 53 I don't think, but if we could stash him on the PS to compete with Benkart......

I don’t want the ball out of Matt’s hands on any play. 

I could see if you had a washed up, weak armed qb that’s seen better days, cough, but not a stud like Matty.

1989Fan and JDaveG like this

2 hours ago, JDaveG said:

You had my curiosity.

Now you have my attention.

Solid pickup.  He won't make the 53 I don't think, but if we could stash him on the PS to compete with Benkart......

If he plays decent at all in pre season ...I am not sure that we would beable to stash him on the PS.

With so many teams using qbs like him I coukd certainly see teams like Baltimore ,Seattle and some others snatching him up

JDaveG likes this

If you watch his highlight video from college, you'll see a lot of passes to number 7, Ooops, I mean 83, who I believe is our very own Russell Gage. If Etling sees any action tonight, wouldn't be surprised to Gage out with him. 

There is one main thing I like about him as a backup. IMO if we lose Matt for a long period of time our season is done...BUT what I like is if we would lose Matt for say 1-4 games, a dual threat QB can keep defenses off balance enough to win a few games (think of how BAL got hot w/ Jackson even though he couldn’t pass accurately)

27 minutes ago, falconidae said:

If you watch his highlight video from college, you'll see a lot of passes to number 7, who I believe is our very own Russell Gage. If Etling sees any action tonight, wouldn't be surprised to Gage out with him. 

Gage was #83 in college, but yes, he's featured in some very nice highlights of Etling.

7 minutes ago, stizz said:

Gage was #83 in college, but yes, he's featured in some very nice highlights of Etling.

My bad, I stand corrected.  Have changed it in my post.

35 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

There is one main thing I like about him as a backup. IMO if we lose Matt for a long period of time our season is done...BUT what I like is if we would lose Matt for say 1-4 games, a dual threat QB can keep defenses off balance enough to win a few games (think of how BAL got hot w/ Jackson even though he couldn’t pass accurately)

Dang, that's the downside.  If he did well, half the goobers on this board would be wanting to trade Matt after 2 games.

4 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Dang, that's the downside.  If he did well, half the goobers on this board would be wanting to trade Matt after 2 games.

And you would know to never trust their opinions again. 

JDaveG and falconsd56 like this

Just now, falconidae said:

And you would know to never trust their opinions again. 

Eerbody loves the backup.

2 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

Any chance he plays tonight?

Probably, wouldn't be surprised if  he's in in the fourth quarter.

3 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

Any chance he plays tonight?

Doubt it but you never know. He very well could since they keep it simple in preseason. 

20 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Check him out right here fellas

Nice and you have to wonder what the long term plans are for him.  I hope we get to see him tonight.  

HASHBROWN3 and rounz like this

1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Nice and you have to wonder what the long term plans are for him.  I hope we get to see him tonight.  

Think they want a cheap young QB who can effectively back up Ryan for 3-4 years, then,either take Ryan's place if he fades or be nice trade bait.

blkbigdog35 likes this

PUT HIM IN! Atlanta football fans are SICK & TIRED of watching Matt Simms CHOKE in the 4th quarter of a ball game no matter if its in a second rate league or the NFL preseason!

Yeah, be nice to see a QB who could actually, score points playing in the second half, well, scoring points for his own team.