TheDirtyWordII

Falcons Claim QB/WR Danny Etling

75 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, JBridgez said:

Etling has a strong arm and is mobile, definitely worth a shot. Also gives us insight on the Pats playbook

Inside Pat's Playbook ...you mean B.Bs cerebral? 

Dont get too high on free crack mate.

We ain't getting **** from him.

16 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Inside Pat's Playbook ...you mean B.Bs cerebral? 

Dont get too high on free crack mate.

We ain't getting **** from him.

You act like during his 1 full year, and this offseason and preseason in New England he hasn't learned anything...they drafted him remember? He knows the playbook man, and will provide knowledge...same goes for Clayborn while we're at it

3 hours ago, stizz said:

Nah, it's an awesome move. If he can be half what Taysom Hill is for the Saints, it's a great pick up.

I feel like I was just watching something on Instagram about the patriots being in love with Etling and that he was having a great camp

I'm excited for Etling but Schaub is still the QB2 till further notice. Benkert and Etling are two intriguing players for our future. Interested to see Etlings preseason snaps with us.

Edited by quickzero

He didn't cost anything other than his salary. He was picked up off waivers.

Falcons claim Danny Etling off waivers

Posted by Josh Alper on August 14, 2019, 5:03 PM EDT

Danny Etling‘s time with the Patriots came to an end on Tuesday, but he’s already on another roster. Field Yates of ESPN reports that Etling has been claimed off of waivers by the Falcons.

Interesting, Quinn been working hard to find that young QB that can be the back up QB once Schaub starts collecting social security.

Benkert looked so much better this year compared to last year. Shame he got hurt, would have liked to see how  he progressed throughout preseason.

NWFALCON and papachaz like this

2 minutes ago, papachaz said:

well I have to admit, I'd rather have the patriots castoffs than the jags....

And while I know he played for other teams after the Pats, I think Asante Samuel was probably one of the best pickups we ever had. When healthy.

papachaz likes this

4 hours ago, kenn.junior said:

You guys think they did this because Schaub is not going to play much tomorrow or they just don't want to see simms for that long. Or maybe they want someone other then Sanu to do the wildcat plays so Sanu can be a wideout when they try it with this guy.

The DOUBLE wildcat....TWO QB/WRS....:vince:

Edited by NeonDeion