TheDirtyWordII

Falcons Claim QB/WR Danny Etling

75 posts in this topic

Just now, stizz said:

Nah, it's an awesome move. If he can be half what Taysom Hill is for the Saints, it's a great pick up.

Assuming we use him in that way. I heard the Hill comps on him...heck they were just hyping him up in nfl.com this past week.

Just now, 1989Fan said:

Assuming we use him in that way. I heard the Hill comps on him...heck they were just hyping him up in nfl.com this past week.

It's worth a shot.

Think about it Sims is our third quarterback maybe this guy will challenge him and he's also someone we can stash away on the practice squad. He didn't cost much the only negative I could possibly have about him is the last cuts it may be a quarterback out there that we can actually use or maybe better but it's not over till it's over.

Tim Mazetti and Ergo Proxy like this

You guys think they did this because Schaub is not going to play much tomorrow or they just don't want to see simms for that long. Or maybe they want someone other then Sanu to do the wildcat plays so Sanu can be a wideout when they try it with this guy.

14 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

If he's going to be used as an option type change-of-pace QB and makes the 53, who just lost their spot on the team with this move?

I don't think anyone.  I thought with the IR'd players we were below 90...but not 100%.

e:

Yeah, that's what it looks like online as well...

rounz, PokerSteve and Ergo Proxy like this

54 minutes ago, vel said:

Check that out. They probably tried to trade Saubert for Etling straight up, but the Pats didn't bit so they took a conditional 7th instead and still got Etling. Lol funny. 

I think it is the opposite...  I think the Pat's wanted Saubert straight up for Etling and we said no..  so we ended up with a conditional 7th and Etling..  the Pat's got Saubert.  Seems a little too convenient that we trade Saubert to them and then they release a guy we wanted.  

Flying Falcon, JDaveG, vel and 1 other like this

32 minutes ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

I would rather get Pats castoffs than Jags castoffs. 

Well so far the pats castoffs have not been good.

The jags castoffs were actually pretty solid.

Brian Williams did good things for a year or 2

Mike P brought alot to the team

Stupar was a great ST guy.

Compare them with Richards............yikes

JBridgez and vel like this