Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Since1990

Julio's Favorite Catch?

22 posts in this topic

Two of my top favorites have to be the catch over Luke Kuechly only topped by the catch and run with a stiff arm against the Packers in the NFC Championship! That stiff arm was the exclamation point to our Super Bowl birth!

Not sure how neither of those made it into that video!

(also not sure how to add gif's to my posts anymore - it's quite annoying!)

All of the above:

The Fog Bowl against the Pat's when angrily ripped it out of the corners hands

What I like though is he wouldn't say that one because the TEAM lost

VTCrunkler likes this

1 minute ago, NCFalconfan said:

Madden says that is not possible, also l like the colts endzone td between 3 guys. Ruled incomplete overturned to a TD upon review

I like the Keuchly Posterizer the best because that one came two weeks after the Panthers went full douchemode and were snapping pictures on the sidelines while the game was going on when we went up there and laid an egg. Quinn had the guys ready to kill those guys two weeks later and we ruined their perfect season...You can tell the picture session on the sideline got under Quinn's skin as evidenced by the video below and by the fact that we have always been geared up to play Carolina ever since...(6 and 1 vs CAR since that game, really should be 7-0 if not for the dropped TD pass)

ATLFalcons11, Artys Arryn and rounz like this

5 hours ago, Since1990 said:

Two of my top favorites have to be the catch over Luke Kuechly only topped by the catch and run with a stiff arm against the Packers in the NFC Championship! That stiff arm was the exclamation point to our Super Bowl birth!

The NFCCG vs Packers was amazing.  

Off the line he get held to the point of his shoulder pads almost getting ripped off, but he runs through it, creates separation then catches the ball in stride. He stiff arms and runs through the tackle, then the safety comes over to try to cut him off, but he's already hitting the next gear and give his a double-tap face punch stiff arm while still instride and accelerating through the next 35 yards.  Amazing.  Beast Mode.  Julio'esqe

Geneaut and Artys Arryn like this

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Since1990 said:

Oh and number 1 without a shadow of a doubt would have been the catch in the Superbowl. Probably would have gone down as one of the top catches of all time, and perhaps the greatest single play in Atlanta sports history :bang:

Also the catch against the Colts his rookie season deserves at least a mention. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot

2 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Oh and number 1 without a shadow of a doubt would have been the catch in the Superbowl. Probably would have gone down as one of the top catches of all time, and perhaps the greatest single play in Atlanta sports history :bang:

It makes me sick to look at that catch. Such a great catch, a great moment squandered by sheer ego.

1 minute ago, NCFalconfan said:

It makes me sick to look at that catch. Such a great catch, a great moment squandered by sheer ego.

I tend to avoid having to ever think about that game. It's usually locked away in a chained coffin in the dark recesses of my unconscious mind guarded by a hunchback wearing "Falcons: 2017 NFL SuperBowl Champions" T-shirt and cap.  But every once in a while when we start discussing Julio's greatest plays the proverbial cat gets let out of the bag. 

papachaz and NCFalconfan like this

16 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

This is the greatest Julio catch of all time.....video starts with the play....

I actually like the slant he took for 70 in that game.

Or even better when he burnt Namndi Asomugha that sure put him on the map.

SpongeDad likes this

1 hour ago, SpongeDad said:

yeah, that one diving into the endzone was the best I've seen. 

SpongeDad likes this

The catch in the regular season game against New England... that was a man catch.

Followed by a close second with the one handed against Antonio. The catch was great but those two had been battling all ******* game and really set the stage for it

5 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

This is the video I came to post. This was the moment I realized how good Julio actually was. I mean I knew the accolades but this was when I fully understood. 

Number 2 for me is the NFCCG against the Packers.

Number 3 is the posterizer. As already said, the context of that game and how I felt watching us ruin the Panthers perfect season was a great moment. I was screaming at my TV right along with DQ. 

SpongeDad likes this