Unintentional Grounding

Falcons Film Breakdown - Takk and Vic in the bear defense

46 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

You got the structure, but you missed the nose tackle.

I’m intrigued what side they’ll use Jarrett maybe in that same spot as Crawford was playing in UG’s first highlighted play?

Focusing in on that particular play I thought his initial penetration basically forced the run into Takks hands.

Takk on a TE I like that matchup he'll win that all day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Yeah, I haven't watched every preseason snap this year, but what I've seen they've leaned in that front a lot.  Looks like Quinn said we're getting that run stopped up this year come **** or high water.  Usually he'd roll it out against multiple tight ends.  That play he's rolling it out against 21.

:D yeah I got you.  Gotta keep those wheels churning.

 

Btw @Unintentional Grounding didn't mean to highjack your thread, bro.

Yea that’s what I said as well. He’s putting an emphasis on stopping the run to make sure offenses are in 3rd and longs. Tackle the ball carrier otw to the qb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

3-technique is outside shoulder of the guard, right?

4i is INSIDE shoulder of the tackle.  It's real subtle -- we're talking oftentimes a matter of inches, especially if the o-line has tight splits and are all bunched in together.

Most of the time it's all but impossible for me to pick up without he end zone view.  Sometimes we'll actually run it with two 3-techs.

There are even times when we'll be in an under and he'll tilt the nose, then run a 5-tech to the strong side and he'll two gap... sometimes the 5-tech will be a 4i.  Quinn likes to mix it up a lot.  

PMF 2 questions 

Deadrin Senat do you see him making the roster?

Secondly with everyone else seemingly being able to play multiple spots if Senat is too make the roster how does he fit.

I ask because do we need aback up NT when in all essence we’ll really only use a traditional NT against the run early in downs or am I missing something.

Anyone else chime in aswell because I’m interested on others take on this.

Tim Mazetti likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

PMF 2 questions 

Deadrin Senat do you see him making the roster?

Secondly with everyone else seemingly being able to play multiple spots if Senat is too make the roster how does he fit.

I ask because do we need aback up NT when in all essence we’ll really only use a traditional NT against the run early in downs or am I missing something.

Anyone else chime in aswell because I’m interested on others take on this.

Short answer.  I don't know.  To be honest with you, I've been tuned out for a while.  I don't know who half these guys are, but today I read someone named Zimmer is in front of him on the depth chart. :lol:

 

Second answer -- you are correctly, we really don't use a traditional NT.  Quinn isn't just talking coach speak when he says that he likes guys who can fill multiple roles.  Up front -- and I think I'll get around to making a thread about this eventually, but the way he set the bubble on our defense is really unique.

 We have a call in the playbook called Bench... which basically means the 3-tech on our defense will be set to whatever side of the field our Bench is on and we are going to align that way.  It doesn't matter what the offense does.  If the offense comes out and their strong side is to our bench then we'll play it as an under.  If it's to the field then we'll play it as Over.

So, both interior lineman have to be able to do it all.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

They’ve been running eagle from what I’ve seen. We ran eagle my freshman year of highschool. And yes they are. Been trying to explain that the players Quinn likes are interchangeable to run 3-4, 4-3 under, 52 bear or eagle. I loving the multiplicity if the defense 

Exactly. we are running the eagle. For those who want info you can pick up the book Football's eagle and stack defenses by Ron Vanderlinden

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really want to thank you guys for the support you've given me here and the constructive criticism and feedback. 

 

It's made me into a batter and more driven YouTuber and content creator.

 

Deeply thankful and blessed to have great football minds and fans help me on my journey to be the best I can.

vel, PokerSteve and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

Really want to thank you guys for the support you've given me here and the constructive criticism and feedback. 

 

It's made me into a batter and more driven YouTuber and content creator.

 

Deeply thankful and blessed to have great football minds and fans help me on my journey to be the best I can.

Dude, the video was excellent ~ great narration, illustration, as well as informative in a relaxed, entertaining way. Also, be it fickle fate, your personal destiny or whatever, your timing on getting this channel cranked up now is absolutely impeccable. 

This season, and the next three or four at least, the Atlanta Falcons are going to be flying right at the top of the NFL. You're going to get to do some epic post-game vids ~ from both sides of the LOS.  Your videos are going to be the icing on many a future Falcons victory cake. Can't wait for the season.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Learning stuff.  I could become a ex-spurt reading these.  This is a good football thread.  We need more like this.

Naah.  I am never getting past spurt level.  OK, I still love football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man honestly, Vic has looked better this preseason so far. Like UG pointed out, the inside move from Vic at the end is a big part of what's been missing. Strong through the interior. But not just that, matching the hand usage to it. He doesn't get through without that rip, which is what he was not doing last year. I think his first rush of the game, he gave the LT a chop-rip combo and got good pressure, something I don't think we've ever seen from Vic. He's clearly put in work and is using these moves and it's working well for him early on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vel said:

Man honestly, Vic has looked better this preseason so far. Like UG pointed out, the inside move from Vic at the end is a big part of what's been missing. Strong through the interior. But not just that, matching the hand usage to it. He doesn't get through without that rip, which is what he was not doing last year. I think his first rush of the game, he gave the LT a chop-rip combo and got good pressure, something I don't think we've ever seen from Vic. He's clearly put in work and is using these moves and it's working well for him early on. 

From the drills I saw in camp, DQ spent lot of time with Vic on that move alone. Looks like that work is helping him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Dude, the video was excellent ~ great narration, illustration, as well as informative in a relaxed, entertaining way. Also, be it fickle fate, your personal destiny or whatever, your timing on getting this channel cranked up now is absolutely impeccable. 

This season, and the next three or four at least, the Atlanta Falcons are going to be flying right at the top of the NFL. You're going to get to do some epic post-game vids ~ from both sides of the LOS.  Your videos are going to be the icing on many a future Falcons victory cake. Can't wait for the season.

Man.... You really don't know how much that means to me. Just love what I do and love seeing the subscribers telling me I've done what they wanted to see. 

 

In all seriousness this is what I wanted. To make quality content and make this my job. Poker.... Thank you very much.

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, vel said:

Man honestly, Vic has looked better this preseason so far. Like UG pointed out, the inside move from Vic at the end is a big part of what's been missing. Strong through the interior. But not just that, matching the hand usage to it. He doesn't get through without that rip, which is what he was not doing last year. I think his first rush of the game, he gave the LT a chop-rip combo and got good pressure, something I don't think we've ever seen from Vic. He's clearly put in work and is using these moves and it's working well for him early on. 

Remember when Chuck said Vic would do well with a stutter spin and Takk would do well with a rip and dip?

 

Yeah... I'm starting to believe that.

vel, PokerSteve and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

Remember when Chuck said Vic would do well with a stutter spin and Takk would do well with a rip and dip?

 

Yeah... I'm starting to believe that.

Vic would do well with just about anything. That's why I didn't buy the "Vic isn't a LB and that's why he's struggling" talk. When it was time to rush the passer, he was flying blind still. He needs to use his hands and athleticism outside of his speed rush and he seems to finally be accepting that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Can't watch the video so can you explain here? Looked like a 3-4 more than a bear to me. What did you see?

You wouldn't want to watch it,, He's bragging on Vic Beasley as much as he is for Tak ... So you would get ticked.. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Draftnut57 said:

You wouldn't want to watch it,, He's bragging on Vic Beasley as much as he is for Tak ... So you would get ticked.. B)

I like Beasley you deflated balloon.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now