Ergo Proxy

I don't believe in curses but...really Madden?

32 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, mikeg272 said:

Yea. Think it actually started last year using it for better mechanics 

I've been tempted to get the game since it came back to PC finally. Wondering if the PC version has same game engine? :ninja:

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Am I missing something? All I see is a picture of Antonio Bryant. I hear it but don't see what I'm supposed to be seeing.

I was missing it too. It's the FrostBite logo with ABs picture. It would be more appropriate if their logo was a foot. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

3 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

I was missing it too. It's the FrostBite logo with ABs picture. It would be more appropriate if their logo was a foot. 

Nevermind, I get it now, I'm just slow to the party.

Edited by Falconsfan567
Ergo Proxy likes this

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I still don't understand that either. What's the joke there?

Was all over the NFL the past week. Dumb Dumb froze his feet by not wearing the correct gear in a cryo bath. 

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/8/8/20797794/antonio-brown-extreme-frostbite-injury-cryotherapy-expert

9 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Meh, PC 20 has glitches so far...I'm gonna wait a while at least:

Honestly not a fan of the gameplay from Madden 20. The one handed catches are cool but way too easy and happen way too often. Tackling is completely garbage. If you’re not 2 centimeters away from the ball carrier you’re missing the tackle. Hit stick is not gonna work at all especially against AI. Fumbles happen way too often, I seriously fumbled like 9 times in one game. OL play is still ridiculous and terrible, but that’s nothing new. And I can’t forget to mention the disappearing kick meter. It coincidentally happens to me within the waning minutes of the 4th quarter, so I can’t even think about attempting a game winning or tying FG, seriously lost a game because of it. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

4 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Honestly not a fan of the gameplay from Madden 20. The one handed catches are cool but way too easy and happen way too often. Tackling is completely garbage. If you’re not 2 centimeters away from the ball carrier you’re missing the tackle. Hit stick is not gonna work at all especially against AI. Fumbles happen way too often, I seriously fumbled like 9 times in one game. OL play is still ridiculous and terrible, but that’s nothing new. And I can’t forget to mention the disappearing kick meter. It coincidentally happens to me within the waning minutes of the 4th quarter, so I can’t even think about attempting a game winning or tying FG, seriously lost a game because of it. 

LOL!!!

5 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

To me, it just seems like they forced you to adjust the custom settings just to make the game playable and that alone is not worth the time to find out what works best. Now you have all sorts of setting changes and the game feels different based on who set up their own.

29 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Ea built a studio for Dice to develop games in the US in California .. But Dice's headquarters is in Sweden and is still independently owned and develops games even for EA competitors 

I'm really not sure where you're getting your info. Every source I've seen so far just says that EA acquired DICE. This happened before they set up a DICE games studio in LA.

"Electronic Arts Acquisition

In 2004, Electronic Arts announced their intent to purchase DICE and bought a 62% stake over the next year. By Oct 2, 2006 their purchase was completed, and DICE became a subsidiary of Electronic Arts. The company name was subsequently changed to EA Digital Illusions CE, though many players still recognize the company as simply DICE.

In 2005, the company moved from Gothenburg, to the ex-Refraction Games' studio in Stockholm. This happened shortly before the company was acquired by Electronic Arts."

https://www.giantbomb.com/dice/3010-4880/

Edited by BayFalcon

41 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Ea built a studio for Dice to develop games in the US in California .. But Dice's headquarters is in Sweden and is still independently owned and develops games even for EA competitors 

It was acquired by EA over a decade ago. EA has the majority ownership. Many companies license game engines to other companies (frostbite). 

Edited by droopy1592

2 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

It was acquired by EA over a decade ago. EA has the majority ownership. Many companies license game engines to other companies (frostbite). 

Was just reading about the acquisition. I hate that, Dice put out much better games when they were completely independent. EA is a horrible company imo

4 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Was just reading about the acquisition. I hate that, Dice put out much better games when they were completely independent. EA is a horrible company imo

You’re telling someone who has refused to buy EA games for over two decades. They are literally the worst. 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this