E. T.

Mets @ Braves

593 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

Ender doing the regular Ender second half of the season 

I was wondering if it would work that way with him missing most of the first half. Glad it is.

TheTrue7 likes this

4 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Doesn't mean most of them arent scum..not saying she is as I don't know her. But a good portion are

all good.  I know she is not scum and I know this is a general statement.  

You will be surprised how undertrained a beat cop is.  they receive many things in the academy but hardly anything a when they are on the job.  

Actually, they are not trained the best.  NYPD patrol cops get one day of training.  That is fire their weapon on the range.  Police forces across the US need to have training in tactical aras but need to learn communication skills.  You do more walking people down than escalating a situation.  

TheTrue7 likes this

Just now, usmcdirtybird said:

all good.  I know she is not scum and I know this is a general statement.  

You will be surprised how undertrained a beat cop is.  they receive many things in the academy but hardly anything a when they are on the job.  

Actually, they are not trained the best.  NYPD patrol cops get one day of training.  That is fire their weapon on the range.  Police forces across the US need to have training in tactical aras but need to learn communication skills.  You do more walking people down than escalating a situation.  

I've said for years that the best way to fix the issue of ignorant cops is to make them go to a 4 year college to become one and then pay them a real salary when they do become one. 2 years to become a hairdresser. 6 months to become a cop. Something is wrong with that.

Just now, LouDog said:

I've said for years that the best way to fix the issue of ignorant cops is to make them go to a 4 year college to become one and then pay them a real salary when they do become one. 2 years to become a hairdresser. 6 months to become a cop. Something is wrong with that.

Also, it depends where you are a cop.  You got understand the situation.  An NYPD cop has no protection.  the mayor despises them by his actions.  They get buckets of water thrown on them.  Their police commissioner does not have their back.  He stated "they need to cool off." they are afraid to police because their hierarchy will just throw them under the bus.  

Also,  a cop has to remember that once you are off duty that you are still a target.  

You know what is funny.  I think the workers at the social security branch need places where their parking is gated.  Most are open parking and you deny someone.  They can wait for you and do something bad to you.  

12 minutes ago, Dirty South Bird said:

I was one of those “trade him mid season” people, glad they didn’t.  He’s been an asset in CF and at the plate. 

I was done with him too.  

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

You know, I grew up loving Griffey.. Acuna is bringing me back..

Same....he and Frank Thomas were my favorite none Braves growing up.

The ease of which Acuna does every thing is certainly very reminiscent of Junior

TheTrue7 likes this

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Same....he and Frank Thomas were my favorite none Braves growing up.

The ease of which Acuna does every thing is certainly very reminiscent of Junior

Absolutely effortless