Do you like the Falcons chances against the Vikings week 1?

14 minutes ago, caponine said:

Nope lol team folds way too much. Theres so much hype that doesnt need to be there. You're putting added pressure on this team to perform. 

If the team feels pressure because of what is being said by us fans on a Message Board, then we are REALLY in trouble! :lol:

21 hours ago, vel said:

Minny has the better defense but worse QB. I think that has the potential to be the difference. The gap between our defense and theirs is much smaller than the gap between Cousins and Ryan. Also, outside of Diggs, Thielen, and Rudolph, I think we can hang with them. If Neal, Debo, and Rico are ready out the gate, I think we can hold them. It's just the offense coming out hot? 

How ready will Neal, Rico and especially Freeman be are the biggest question marks for me.

I think the Falcons have the talent to beat anyone at any time. But the front half of the schedule is brutal and we're adjusting to brand new coordinators in all three phases. The new offensive line may also need time to gel.

If we get through our first 5 games without any major injuries, I'd be content with a 2-3 record at that point. Save the hot streak for November and December.

If the offensive line is truly improved, they can win. I just wouldn’t bet on it. Minny is one of the teams that are built in a way that gives the Falcons trouble. Same with the Eagles. Atlanta has a chance but it’s going to be tough. Minny is talented and I’m expecting a better offensive line from them this season. 

24 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

If the team feels pressure because of what is being said by us fans on a Message Board, then we are REALLY in trouble! :lol:

But it's not just the message board , nfl shows now are talking about the falcons as sb favorite . How they are the best in the nfc etc. Not that they dont have pressure just more pressure is just added unnecessarily 

I like the Falcons chances. You want to be the best, you gotta beat the best. This team is incredibly talented and this year I see the Falcons having at least a middle of the road D ... if they gel quickly, maybe top 10. Looking at the schedule, the Falcons have their work cut out for them.

Vikings, Eagles, Colts, Titans.

If we can win week 1 away vs the Vikings, then I like our chances at home vs the Eagles. If we win vs the those two teams, then I see their chances for a post seasons run go up considerably. The schedule is hard this year but by competing with the best, we sharpen for the post season. Iron sharpens Iron.

The good and the bad.... We have to play the 'aint's and much as I cant stand those guys, they are not going to let the Falcons just walk away with the Division. The Falcons have to win those division games and at least split with the 'aints.

6 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Matt Ryan and Dan Quinn are the only ones with the pressure imo. Especially Quinn because his job is on the line. Matt Ryan will be judged by the teams success but his job is pretty safe. 

6 hours ago, caponine said:

But it's not just the message board , nfl shows now are talking about the falcons as sb favorite . How they are the best in the nfc etc. Not that they dont have pressure just more pressure is just added unnecessarily 

They should want to get revenge for that bull crap SB 51 finish we had to suffer. That should be all the motivation they need. 

I like our chances if only because Zimmer has never been overly interested in bombing anyone out the building, so it'll be close.  He'll gladly run the ball 40 times and take a 17-13 win.  If it is close and it comes down to Matt Ryan or Kirk Cousins, I'll take Matt.  

37 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I like our chances if only because Zimmer has never been overly interested in bombing anyone out the building, so it'll be close.  He'll gladly run the ball 40 times and take a 17-13 win.  If it is close and it comes down to Matt Ryan or Kirk Cousins, I'll take Matt.  

What up PMF....good to hear from you man.....been a while....glad you back

Falcons start the season on the road vs the Vikings, at home vs the Eagles, and on the road vs the Colts and Texans. The first 4 weeks of 2019 are brutal and can easily determine the outcome of our season. You think we've been awful vs the AFC lately, historically we're horrible vs the Colts just like the Browns, and we're 0-3 in Houston. Starting the season on the road is never easy, and with the game being in Minnesota against Zimmer who's owned us oh boy. Cousins never beats teams with winning records unless it's his own division once in awhile so week 1 is a MUST win for the Falcons. The Eagles at home is the game I'm most confident about in our first 4 game stretch because all the previous 3 losses to the Eagles were in Philly. Falcons teams who lose at home to the Eagles don't make the playoffs, so that's a must win too. 

41 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Falcons start the season on the road vs the Vikings, at home vs the Eagles, and on the road vs the Colts and Texans. The first 4 weeks of 2019 are brutal and can easily determine the outcome of our season. You think we've been awful vs the AFC lately, historically we're horrible vs the Colts just like the Browns, and we're 0-3 in Houston. Starting the season on the road is never easy, and with the game being in Minnesota against Zimmer who's owned us oh boy. Cousins never beats teams with winning records unless it's his own division once in awhile so week 1 is a MUST win for the Falcons. The Eagles at home is the game I'm most confident about in our first 4 game stretch because all the previous 3 losses to the Eagles were in Philly. Falcons teams who lose at home to the Eagles don't make the playoffs, so that's a must win too. 

We usually do well at home against Philly.