Do you like the Falcons chances against the Vikings week 1?

12 minutes ago, athell said:

Well said.  I think a lot is going to depend on our ability to run the ball too.  Run the ball, stop Cook from going off, I like our odds.

Which...I feel like they are going to try really really hard to establish a run.  I think everyone expects them to come out and funsling all over, but I am wondering if this is a 30+ carry game between all of our backs combined.

Oh yea Zimmer is going to go for 30 carries. They better be ready to tackle Cook for sixty minutes. Thankfully we have the beef to play that kind of game. Should be a fun and very stressful game to watch. 

5 hours ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

i am expecting the Falcons to make the playoffs, but will not be shocked if ATL starts 1-2. 

@ MIN

PHI

@ IND

TEN

Anything better than 1-3 for the first four games will be solid. 

We better beat the Colts. We are 2-14 all time against the Colts. That needs to change.

On 8/13/2019 at 6:42 AM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Falcons at Vikings week one. Who do you think has the advantage? Where do you think the Vikings are most vulnerable in which we could get the upperhand?

WE lost,, because we didn't run the ball more..,, even thou we are now going to run the ball more,, that will be the best change we make this year. And help our goal to win the South.

3 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Lol, who knows? Opening games tend to be so strange and flukey. It's really anyone's game. It does not help we are on the road, and we should certainly be underdogs because of that. At least it's not in Philly though. :shrug:

I mean we could’ve made playoffs last year after losing week 1 on the road there AND we lost week 1 at Home vs Tampa in our SB run for 2016.

Week 1s are indeed fluke city.

2 hours ago, RichardCNile said:

They do have a solid D, but I also think the last 2 years was in large part due to our OC (Sark) not making adjustments.  

It will be a great test for our O-Line and I think DK will find and create opportunities for our offense to score.  meanwhile I think DQ will showcase what the D can do.  

All things being equal (both teams healthy), I think our O can score on their D and I think our D, can get enough stops on their O.  Falcons by 10 due to a pound and ground 4 min offense in the 4th quarter to get the last 3 points and go up by 2 scores.  Falcons then seal the deal with the first of many Kazee picks this season.  

Seems legit.

Hard to change D scheme and week 1 on the road play at its best; especially on Turf which may or may not help our D more.

If we can pressure Cousins it won’t be a close game AS LONG AS our run D is at least average and our new OL does well.

Disclaimer* any first game RZ offense trouble and we will be in trouble on the road.

3 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Ugh, these boards were AWFUL after that loss. I'll always remember this quote "Welp...it's official. Shanahan is a QB killer!" Might be the greatest dumb thread of all time

I’m gonna try to refuse to click on those threads when they inevitably happen this year, win or lose, but memes are hard to resist.

12 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I’m gonna try to refuse to click on those threads when they inevitably happen this year, win or lose, but memes are hard to resist.

I’m going to do my best to shut down threads that are created in the middle of games that have 1 sentence and essentially whining about a player or Quinn

38 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Seems legit.

Hard to change D scheme and week 1 on the road play at its best; especially on Turf which may or may not help our D more.

If we can pressure Cousins it won’t be a close game AS LONG AS our run D is at least average and our new OL does well.

Disclaimer* any first game RZ offense trouble and we will be in trouble on the road.

I agree. It's all about the O-Line.  While I realize it was/is preseason, I was motivated by two of the goal line runs where we lined up, ran right with left guard pulling, then later where we ran left and pulled our right guard.  Both with the same result.. TD.  It's been so long since we could line up and pound out 1-2 yards.  

14 minutes ago, RichardCNile said:

I agree. It's all about the O-Line.  While I realize it was/is preseason, I was motivated by two of the goal line runs where we lined up, ran right with left guard pulling, then later where we ran left and pulled our right guard.  Both with the same result.. TD.  It's been so long since we could line up and pound out 1-2 yards.  

Heck, we got a couple short-yardage conversions with Hill on 3rd down outside of the RZ, too.

Week 1 is always so hard to judge in the NFL. The Vikings should be a tough team to start out against. Kubiak will have the Vikings offense playing a lot better this year. Zimmer will dial up some blitzes and Stunts against our still gelling O-Line. Even with that said, I still think we're the better team and as long as we play our game we should come out on top.  

9 minutes ago, KamiKazee27 said:

Week 1 is always so hard to judge in the NFL. The Vikings should be a tough team to start out against. Kubiak will have the Vikings offense playing a lot better this year. Zimmer will dial up some blitzes and Stunts against our still gelling O-Line. Even with that said, I still think we're the better team and as long as we play our game we should come out on top.  

Kubiak isn't the offensive coordinator. I'm not sure how much involved he will be with the actual game planning.

4 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I think we can win, but idk if we will. It’s a road game and Minnesota is typically a difficult place to play at. Don’t really like our o-line against their d-line in week 1. Hoping for a win, but not necessarily expecting it. 

We will win.  They will underestimate us.  I can't wait to hear the announcer say " well, both teams have to knock the rust off"

2 hours ago, KamiKazee27 said:

I honestly didn’t know Kubiak went to Minnesota.  That sucks.

Week 1’s are always tricky. Everyone is out on the field for the 1st time since last season and things just get weird imo. You could win and think YEA! we gonna kill it this season and then lose 6 in a row. Subsequently (hope I used that word correctly) you could lose that 1st game, think the sky is falling and end up the #1 seed in the playoffs.

To answer your question tho, I think it all depends on Cousins. If he plays like the Captain Kirk they all hoped he be, we probably lose cause they at home. If he plays like the topsy turvy 3rd Cousins nobody wants to claim, we destroy them.

i think the latter happens personally ;)