Do you like the Falcons chances against the Vikings week 1?

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Oh I know. But everything leading up to that first loss at home against Tampa was so eye rolling that my brain hurt. The road win against the Saints in week 3 and suddenly everyone was peachy. 

Yup.  That Tampa game was also the Vic Beasley spin move against air and I don't think I have ever shaken my head so much over a single play in my many years of watching this team.

1 minute ago, athell said:

That was that "hard camp" year, remember?  :lol:

Man this place is so annoying some times. It's truly just a genuine lack of football intelligence and unwillingness to learn the game. All I heard was "Oh heIl, no Kyle is intercepting Matt and killing his confidence. I told you he was a QB killer..." all the while more level heads tried to explain what was going on. It doesn't matter. Most folks here only know final score and record. No clue what's going on between there. 

2 minutes ago, vel said:

Man this place is so annoying some times. It's truly just a genuine lack of football intelligence and unwillingness to learn the game. All I heard was "Oh heIl, no Kyle is intercepting Matt and killing his confidence. I told you he was a QB killer..." all the while more level heads tried to explain what was going on. It doesn't matter. Most folks here only know final score and record. No clue what's going on between there. 

That's what gets me.  Some here are so set in their (wrong) ways that they refuse to learn anything.  Never stop learning imo!

As to the original question, we've mentioned defenses always come out ahead of the offenses early on the season.  Minny has the better defense.  I have no clue what the betting odds are atm, but I would bet Minny is favored by at least 3.5.  This would be a great coming out party for the defense if they are able to match the Vikings and lead the team to a dub in Week 1 on the road.

They do have a solid D, but I also think the last 2 years was in large part due to our OC (Sark) not making adjustments.  

It will be a great test for our O-Line and I think DK will find and create opportunities for our offense to score.  meanwhile I think DQ will showcase what the D can do.  

All things being equal (both teams healthy), I think our O can score on their D and I think our D, can get enough stops on their O.  Falcons by 10 due to a pound and ground 4 min offense in the 4th quarter to get the last 3 points and go up by 2 scores.  Falcons then seal the deal with the first of many Kazee picks this season.  

I think Quinn will be bringing the heat as new DC, but I think Minnesota will anticipate that and have a lot of screens, dump-offs and turn-ins in the game plan. If our back seven can shut those dink and dunk passes down and our DL get some pressure on Cousins on 3rd and long, we will win this game, something probably like 27-24.

52 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I think Quinn will be bringing the heat as new DC, but I think Minnesota will anticipate that and have a lot of screens, dump-offs and turn-ins in the game plan. If our back seven can shut those dink and dunk passes down and our DL get some pressure on Cousins on 3rd and long, we will win this game, something probably like 27-24.

We been dinked and dunked for years especially by RBs...I hope Quinn changes that.

Also hope Wuinn doesn't let up on defense when we have huge leads. How many games did MM blow by playing g prevent?

1 hour ago, athell said:

That's what gets me.  Some here are so set in their (wrong) ways that they refuse to learn anything.  Never stop learning imo!

As to the original question, we've mentioned defenses always come out ahead of the offenses early on the season.  Minny has the better defense.  I have no clue what the betting odds are atm, but I would bet Minny is favored by at least 3.5.  This would be a great coming out party for the defense if they are able to match the Vikings and lead the team to a dub in Week 1 on the road.

Minny has the better defense but worse QB. I think that has the potential to be the difference. The gap between our defense and theirs is much smaller than the gap between Cousins and Ryan. Also, outside of Diggs, Thielen, and Rudolph, I think we can hang with them. If Neal, Debo, and Rico are ready out the gate, I think we can hold them. It's just the offense coming out hot? 

5 minutes ago, vel said:

Minny has the better defense but worse QB. I think that has the potential to be the difference. The gap between our defense and theirs is much smaller than the gap between Cousins and Ryan. Also, outside of Diggs, Thielen, and Rudolph, I think we can hang with them. If Neal, Debo, and Rico are ready out the gate, I think we can hold them. It's just the offense coming out hot? 

Well said.  I think a lot is going to depend on our ability to run the ball too.  Run the ball, stop Cook from going off, I like our odds.

Which...I feel like they are going to try really really hard to establish a run.  I think everyone expects them to come out and funsling all over, but I am wondering if this is a 30+ carry game between all of our backs combined.

6 minutes ago, athell said:

Well said.  I think a lot is going to depend on our ability to run the ball too.  Run the ball, stop Cook from going off, I like our odds.

Which...I feel like they are going to try really really hard to establish a run.  I think everyone expects them to come out and funsling all over, but I am wondering if this is a 30+ carry game between all of our backs combined.

I hope so, because that means they had a multi-score lead and ran the ball 20 times in the 4th quarter.