Do you like the Falcons chances against the Vikings week 1?

I like our chances, it being Opening Day being one reason.   I may be wrong but..... seems to me that as a franchise, the Falcons have an overall winning record on opening day.   Week two may be a different story....

I think the Falcons have overall better talent and, if we power-run the ball enough, we will win the TOP battle.

Cross yer fingers....

I think we'll probably lose this one.  New coaching staff, OL still gelling, playing at Minnesota.  The Vikings are similar to us in that their season last year was derailed by injuries and they've gotten a lot better on the OL.  I see Dalvin Cook gashing us and Cousins carving us up.  I think we'll score points but fall a little short.

5 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

I think we'll probably lose this one.  New coaching staff, OL still gelling, playing at Minnesota.  The Vikings are similar to us in that their season last year was derailed by injuries and they've gotten a lot better on the OL.  I see Dalvin Cook gashing us and Cousins carving us up.  I think we'll score points but fall a little short.

Cousins is 0-3 against the Falcons, although one of those loses he didn't start.

If the lines gel quickly, falcons can take them.

I think they can. MIN is going to be very tough. They are a very well rounded unit. Every level has talent. OL is better than last year, with my guy Bradbury showing well at center so far in the TC/PS phase. Only weak spot there is potentially RT. Offense is loaded with Diggs, Thielen, and Rudolph leading the attack. The defense is still good, led by that crazy front seven, but with a break on some suspensions, we may be able to attack the secondary if we can get pressure. We'll see but it will be a little dejecting if they lose, needing a home win vs PHI to avoid an 0-2 start. 

2 hours ago, egoprime II said:

I like our chances, it being Opening Day being one reason.   I may be wrong but..... seems to me that as a franchise, the Falcons have an overall winning record on opening day.   Week two may be a different story....

I think the Falcons have overall better talent and, if we power-run the ball enough, we will win the TOP battle.

Cross yer fingers....

Yep. I did a quick add-up and have us on opening day at 28 - 25

7 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Just remember: Our Super Bowl trip began with a loss at home to the Bucs, and we were only 7 - 5 after twelve games.  The push to the playoffs can happen at any point as long as you win the games you should win and get hot towards the latter part of the season. 

The first five games are brutal. All teams that could make the playoffs next year and three of them on the road. Anything above 2-3 is a big win for that stretch. 

Vikings fans must be suffering just as much as we are.

Our history are so similar. 

Both have had really good teams with the talent to win it all, but just never in our history been able to get to the top.  

Our season does not depend on this game, so I am just hoping for a good injury free game.  We will not see our full potential at this game.  

I fully expect us to get hot by mid way thru the season and roll into the playoffs.

For me it's easy to see this game as being a loss; The game is on the road against a good team that soundly beat the Falcons the last time they played, and it just seems to me that the Falcons may come out of the gate slowly. However, I do think the DL is going to make a lot of trouble for Cousins in this game, and perhaps that can lead to some early mistakes that the Falcons can capitalize on. I think Quinn being DC will be good for the Falcons offense getting more opportunities. I'd like to believe that the Falcons talent on offense is going to be too much to contain, but the Viking D is legit.

Just now, athell said:

Who knows.  The superbowl team came out week 1 at home and got worked by Tampa...as long as they look good and come out healthy, I'm good.

Ugh, these boards were AWFUL after that loss. I'll always remember this quote "Welp...it's official. Shanahan is a QB killer!" Might be the greatest dumb thread of all time