Jump to content

TATF Daily reminder why preseason record doesn’t matter


Ergo Proxy
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Homers are out in full force making excuses for not winning.

Bruh they went for it 4th and 9 at their own 20 while tied in the last 2 minutes...this despite facing dolphins 1st string with our 2nd and 3rd for a large portion of the game. It isn't excuses if it's blatantly true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Homers are out in full force making excuses for not winning.

Question:

Would you feel better if Ryan Neal, a player who won't play a single snap for the Atlanta Falcons in 2019-2020 during the regular season, batted that pass down versus Denver and the Falcons started the pre-season with a 1-0 record? 

I mean we're talking about guys who won't even be on the practice squad somehow determining the outcome of the Falcons season. Truly think about that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Does it count for anything..."No" but unless we're trying to throw games, winning does matter.  

 

19 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Bruh they went for it 4th and 9 at their own 20 while tied in the last 2 minutes...this despite facing dolphins 1st string with our 2nd and 3rd for a large portion of the game. It isn't excuses if it's blatantly true.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Bruh they went for it 4th and 9 at their own 20 while tied in the last 2 minutes...this despite facing dolphins 1st string with our 2nd and 3rd for a large portion of the game. It isn't excuses if it's blatantly true.

Also went for two after the first touchdown when an extra point would have put us four points ahead. The strategic advantage from an almost certain four point advantage makes it the smart play if you're trying to win. This coaching staff is using these games to evaluate players' ability to apply fundamentals to live action. Everybody would prefer to win but nobody should care about losing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, athell said:

Like how is this still a thing lol?  Our starters haven't played a single snap for the most part and we are going to worry about going 0-2 against future insurance salesman?

But why do our scrubs and future insurance salesmen always have to lose to everybody else's? Not a serious question, just messin' with you. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, athell said:

Like how is this still a thing lol?  Our starters haven't played a single snap for the most part and we are going to worry about going 0-2 against future insurance salesman?

And yet both games were very winnable. The other teams should worry about their starters struggling against the Falcons backups.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How many times have I said this? I understand y’all wanna hear it from Quinn but football is not rocket science. And it’s the same game it’s always been. It’s almost like I say it then a coach repeats what I already said. Sometimes after taking a lot of heat from the board. Which I don’t mind cause I know what I’m talking about from a football perspective. Just from experience of playing the game alone and being in exact types of situations. Many other guys that played understand this stuff as well. We may have fundamental differences but at the core we all agree on things that never change about football. If you’re trying to WIN preseason you’re not properly evaluating your talent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

How many times have I said this? I understand y’all wanna hear it from Quinn but football is not rocket science. And it’s the same game it’s always been. It’s almost like I say it then a coach repeats what I already said. Sometimes after taking a lot of heat from the board. Which I don’t mind cause I know what I’m talking about from a football perspective. Just from experience of playing the game alone and being in exact types of situations. Many other guys that played understand this stuff as well. We may have fundamental differences but at the core we all agree on things that never change about football. If you’re trying to WIN preseason you’re not properly evaluating your talent. 

Counterpoint: NFL Insider, Future Hall of Fame Reporter BigMAD599 says he would rather win to evaluate talent better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

I would rather win some pre season games and better evaluate talent then win those meaningless games last year that knocked us out of a top 5 draft pick

 

And getting a top 5 pick guarantees what? Brady was a 7th? Sherman was a 5th or 6th? Grady was a 5th?? There’s too 5 picks that came into the league with Grady that ain’t even playing anymore. You’ll have a top 5 bust more than a super star.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, athell said:

Counterpoint: NFL Insider, Future Hall of Fame Reporter BigMAD599 says he would rather win to evaluate talent better.

How exactly? Lol. That means you’re focusing on winning the pre season super bowl than evaluating each and every player you have to see WHO can really play. Who can handle adverse situations etc...Not only that. Putting them in bad spots TO WORK ON 2 point conversion, 4th and short etc...lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...