tobyd77

Dann Quinn Calling The Defense Could help His Coach Of The Year Efforts

18 posts in this topic

I posted a video I did about Dan Quinn. How I felt that he could become coach of the year. if this defense becomes what we all believe it can be. After the 2019 season. I would love to see what you all views are on the subject. If the video interests you in watching it. Thanks on behalf on Pound 4 Pound ATL.

Nice video. Good points, especially getting those guys on a fast track. Like you said, we have a defense that is stacked. I've said the same for a little bit now. It's not many fringe roster type talents (i.e. Shelby, McClain, Richards, etc.) on this defense this year. He's got the talent. 

Underappreciated part is you can hear you clearly. I hate videos where they mumble or have poor sound quality. Kudos my brother. 

26 minutes ago, vel said:

Nice video. Good points, especially getting those guys on a fast track. Like you said, we have a defense that is stacked. I've said the same for a little bit now. It's not many fringe roster type talents (i.e. Shelby, McClain, Richards, etc.) on this defense this year. He's got the talent. 

Underappreciated part is you can hear you clearly. I hate videos where they mumble or have poor sound quality. Kudos my brother. 

This defense has been stacked since 2017.  They would have been top 10 last year if not for injuries.  They should be even better this year with Quinn

16 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

This defense has been stacked since 2017.  They would have been top 10 last year if not for injuries.  They should be even better this year with Quinn

I think the Falcons would have been in the super bowl last year if it wasn't for injuries. Or at least the NFC championship game. But the super bowl being in Atlanta was bad luck as we probably should have expected.

Falcons In 2012 and PokerSteve like this

35 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Yep. Would have been three trips to the playoffs. It's all about health. Especially this year. We have the talent to be legit top ten in both offense and defense. Easily. 

Somebody's already named the Falcon offense as top dog coming into the season, but I'm not hearing a peep about our defense. I think some pundits are going to be shocked when this defense just swarms all over and shuts down some supposedly high-powered offenses.

19 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Somebody's already named the Falcon offense as top dog coming into the season, but I'm not hearing a peep about our defense. I think some pundits are going to be shocked when this defense just swarms all over and shuts down some supposedly high-powered offenses.

They go off of the last season knowing we had all the injuries. Even tho the defense was top just the year before and trending towards being top 10 again. Quinn at the helm + health = top 5-10. 

PokerSteve likes this

18 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Uh. . . this is week 2 of the Preason.  (0-2).  Can we wait a bit before we start talking about Coach of the Year?

But where is the lie? And who cares about preseason? Quinn uses it to evaluate. Not to win. The browns and lions went 4-0 in preseasons. Went on to have the only winless seasons in nfl history. If you’re trying to win preseason you’re not evaluating your talent because every team has scrubs out there. Obviously you’re only playing the guys that are decent. But you’re not putting them in situations to see how that handle adversity. THAT is the real reason for pre season. Not to win the pre season super bowl. I can already see the defense will be MUCH better and we haven’t even seen it with all the starters. So if quinn gets that defense top 5-10 and the offense continues its usual dominance he will most certainly be in COY talks. 

1 hour ago, vel said:

Yep. Would have been three trips to the playoffs. It's all about health. Especially this year. We have the talent to be legit top ten in both offense and defense. Easily. 

Can youor Fatboi post some gif’s on the X’s and O’s in the next few days about our defense?

2 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

Uh. . . this is week 2 of the Preason.  (0-2).  Can we wait a bit before we start talking about Coach of the Year?

Is it an unreasonable claim?  Quinn should have won it in 2016 and was top 5 in 2017

People keep talking about last year.  But it was a Unicorn.  An exception, not the rule

PokerSteve likes this

24 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Can youor Fatboi post some gif’s on the X’s and O’s in the next few days about our defense?

My current computer downright sucks. That's why I haven't done a GIF thread in a long time. If you post the GIFs or still shots, I'm more than down to discuss. 

PokerSteve likes this

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

But where is the lie? And who cares about preseason? Quinn uses it to evaluate. Not to win. The browns and lions went 4-0 in preseasons. Went on to have the only winless seasons in nfl history. If you’re trying to win preseason you’re not evaluating your talent because every team has scrubs out there. Obviously you’re only playing the guys that are decent. But you’re not putting them in situations to see how that handle adversity. THAT is the real reason for pre season. Not to win the pre season super bowl. I can already see the defense will be MUCH better and we haven’t even seen it with all the starters. So if quinn gets that defense top 5-10 and the offense continues its usual dominance he will most certainly be in COY talks. 

we got the worst "fans" man ... I swear.
it's like they can't wait to "but wait ..."

PokerSteve likes this

Dan Quinn should’ve got coach of year our Super Bowl year. I don’t think he really cares now he just wants a top 5 defense 

PokerSteve likes this

29 minutes ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

The primary question marks are Oliver (not to say he's bad ... just unknown) and Beasley.

Kazee in the nickel should be a huge improvement.

Well, Oliver is jumping right in against Diggs and Thielen come week 1. 

49 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Well, Oliver is jumping right in against Diggs and Thielen come week 1. 

No doubt. Is it because Quinn knows he's ready? Or is it because Oliver really needs another year as a backup, but we have no choice?

Don't know. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Flying Falcon likes this