FentayeJones

Saubert Traded To Patriots

187 posts in this topic

At some point potential needs to equal performance. Guy has been here three seasons and can't catch a cold or block a slight gust of wind. Doesn't deserve a spot over the other TEs we have on the roster. 

athell and Peteshweddy like this

2 hours ago, Gee-Q said:

Good looking girlfriend... I'll be sad to see her go... :)

reminiscent of finding out Tyler Starr wasn't gonna be around any more....hated to see his girlfriend leave more than him, LOL

Gee-Q likes this

1 hour ago, quotemokc said:

I don't care that we traded him, I just care that the Pats got a guy they wanted.

If the rest of the NFL was actually sick of the Pats being so good they would all stop trading with them.

Lol I can agree with you here man but it's not the NFL that's sick of them winning. It's the fans....and this is just like any business where 2 franchises get together and deal on something to get a winning product. Both get something out of it in the end. I wish Dan Quinn would tell Belichick to stick that conventional pick up his ***. :lol:

He ****** up over & over with us but we just wouldn’t give him decent opportunities to work downfield much. So shame on him & shame on us.  They’ll get him ironed out & get his confidence going I bet.

2 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

He ****** up over & over with us but we just wouldn’t give him decent opportunities to work downfield much. So shame on him & shame on us.  They’ll get him ironed out & get his confidence going I bet.

Some guys just aren't NFL good. No need to feel any shame.

HASHBROWN3 likes this

4 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Some guys just aren't NFL good. No need to feel any shame.

Agreed but I think part of it is his confidence level.  He puts all the pressure on himself & the lack of targets is not conducive to overcoming that issue.

Jesus likes this

Chance we get a pick for letting him go to a TE desperate team that lost Gronk.

I think this means Graham has a real shot here or we really value an extra RB or WR; both if Ortiz is cut.

Conversely, could stash Larkin or another defender if we wanted instead of risking PS, etc.

Gut says we keep at least 4 RBs as it is, possibly 5 if Barner stays as the return man.

NWFALCON likes this

2 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

Definitely didn’t see that coming. This must mean they’re impressed with Graham or they’re set on 3 tight ends 

I know I am,, Graham has been impressive. I'm sure TD has it figured out.. We have more talent on this team this year than any Falcon team in History,, Yeah,, I know I've said this twice already since the draft but it's true.. TDs a smart man,, grabbed all the talent possible this year,,,and hand picked the ones he wanted most,, and gets picks in exchange for the lessor talents..  I love that GM. From the day he step foot into Atlanta this team has improved every year. But this year He decided along with Blank and Quinn to push all in,, I think it's going to work, I truly do.. what a roster ...!!!

NWFALCON and GeorgiaBoyz like this

I have seen him make plays....in practice but not during a game...good luck in New England cant replace Gronk

gazoo likes this

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Anybody seen or heard from Zoo? I'm concerned. 

Patriots trading for him proved my point. Patriots don’t trade for players who have no chance of helping them. Patriots know TE talent and have been exceptional finding talent at this position.

Im sure Patriots see exactly what I see, a big, fast, highly athletic smooth running receiving TE who has been overwhelmed learning the position at the NFL level (after rarely being asked to block in a spread offense at Drake) who just needs to get the mental part of the game down (if hes able to, he's up in his head way too much instead of just letting his athletic ability take over). He was a developmental project when we drafted him, flashed well in last years camp,  and is just entering his 3rd camp.

41 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Chance we get a pick for letting him go to a TE desperate team that lost Gronk.

I think this means Graham has a real shot here or we really value an extra RB or WR; both if Ortiz is cut.

Conversely, could stash Larkin or another defender if we wanted instead of risking PS, etc.

Gut says we keep at least 4 RBs as it is, possibly 5 if Barner stays as the return man.

I don't think it means anything other than they like Hooper, Paulsen, and Stocker, with Stocker probably doubling as FB when needed. Saubert had to really take off to make his case and didn't. 

Schwarzwald and vitaman like this

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, vel said:

I don't think it means anything other than they like Hooper, Paulsen, and Stocker, with Stocker probably doubling as FB when needed. Saubert had to really take off to make his case and didn't. 

But if you use multiple TEs and one becomes the only experienced lead blocker on roster, do you only keep 3?

EDIT: I suppose keeping 3 and active every week is fine. Use a PS spot on Graham if one gets hurt and free up spots for RB & WR decisions.

Edited by Ergo Proxy

3 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Patriots trading for him proved my point. Patriots don’t trade for players who have no chance of helping them. Patriots know TE talent and have been exceptional finding them.

To be fair, they give up nothing if he doesn’t meet the conditions and Pats are DESPERATE for anyone to help them at TE post-Gronk.

At best, it costs them a really worthless pick if they make playoffs again.

Saubert was never making roster here if Mularkey and Koetter didn’t like him enough for 53man.

vitaman likes this

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Watch him have a pro bowl season

With Brady, maybe even All-Pro lol

Just watch, there will be billions of threads and posts of people complaining about how TD and Quinn don't know what they are doing because they traded him.

.... they're coming soon.

ya_boi_j likes this