FentayeJones

Saubert Traded To Patriots

184 posts in this topic

I would be shockedddd... if Saugerties don't shine for the Pats..... I'm not saying he is going to be a star but I think hecontribute and be a match up problem.

He is the one talent I feel like is there... Just never got that chance

It looks like basically it's the Jordan Richards pick trade because that was a 2020 pick also.... We will see.. both were conditional 7th round picks

Definitely didn’t see that coming. This must mean they’re impressed with Graham or they’re set on 3 tight ends 

Edited by NWFALCON

4 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

How about that 2017 Draft? Sandwiched between two of the best drafts in 10-15 years (2016 & 2018), go figure.

Several ex-nfl guys including Randy McMichael on the radio went into detail about house Albert has not developed and was going to get somebody killed he has had plenty of chance to develop and has been given plenty of attention we spent I believe a fourth-rounder on him.  He's still having trouble with the scheme and is a non-factor in doing any type of blocking all of which he should have been able to improve dramatically at in 3 years. Arch pretty much said the same thing.  Basically there are a lot of basics that he should have gotten by now and he's still way too far behind on falcons are done with him

Wish him the best. He did look fairly decent at times and downright awful at times. His hands just didn't seem to be developing. An athletic freak at tight end who can't catch and is sketchy blocking isn't any use to this offense.  

vitaman likes this

19 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I would be shockedddd... if Saugerties don't shine for the Pats..... I'm not saying he is going to be a star but I think hecontribute and be a match up problem.

He is the one talent I feel like is there... Just never got that chance

It looks like basically it's the Jordan Richards pick trade because that was a 2020 pick also.... We will see.. both were conditional 7th round picks

They fleeced us for a 6th with that one, should have asked for a 6th but good deal. Saubert hasn't shown much and his hands are very shaky. He's a decent blocking TE.

5 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

They fleeced us for a 6th with that one, should have asked for a 6th but good deal. Saubert hasn't shown much and his hands are very shaky. He's a decent blocking TE.

Orly

11 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

I'm betting they're using Luke Stocker in that role.  And I'm betting they're doing it because he does it better than Saubert.

Saubert's use was always as a pass catching tight end.  If he can't catch passes for us, maybe he can for the Pats.  But we weren't going to have him be the primary lead blocker on run plays.

4 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I'm betting they're using Luke Stocker in that role.  And I'm betting they're doing it because he does it better than Saubert.

Saubert's use was always as a pass catching tight end.  If he can't catch passes for us, maybe he can for the Pats.  But we weren't going to have him be the primary lead blocker on run plays.

Stocker will likely be FB in I formation. Cut Ortiz and keep 4 RB if Barner can win the punt and kick off return.

JDaveG, TheFatboi, Drew4719 and 2 others like this