Unknøwn

Braves @ Marlins

195 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Here’s some crazy info.. 

as horrid as our bullpen has been, we still aren’t  the worst or even bottom of our own division.. 2nd best whip.. 

even crazier info

best whip is last place team

food for thought 

Marlins pitching for the most part has been good this year. Their offense is disastrous though. Even Brian Anderson (who I love) has taken a big step backwards as a hitter. Lewis Brinson is one of the worst hitters I've ever seen. How he ever was a multiple top 100 prospect I'll never understand.

55 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Marlins pitching for the most part has been good this year. Their offense is disastrous though. Even Brian Anderson (who I love) has taken a big step backwards as a hitter. Lewis Brinson is one of the worst hitters I've ever seen. How he ever was a multiple top 100 prospect I'll never understand.

Do you honestly feel as if it was a great idea for them to rebuild? 

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Don't need to be great when your singles find holes

37 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Fernandez dying really messed up their plans. If they had Yelich, Ozuna, Realmuto, Stanton, Gordon, and Fernandez on their team now, we may be looking at a different team leading the NL East lol.  

TheTrue7 likes this

11 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Fernandez dying really messed up their plans. If they had Yelich, Ozuna, Realmuto, Stanton, Gordon, and Fernandez on their team now, we may be looking at a different team leading the NL East lol.  

Whos to say that they would not have traded him away??

51 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Yes. They really had no choice. They were working with a financial model that wasn't sustainable for them. MLB gave them no choice but to sell off players to get out of the massive debt hit they were facing on a yearly basis with Stanton's contract. That trade took a while to start paying off but it finally has with Caleb Smith. There was also a hitter (his name escapes me) that was just recently called up that was in that deal too and has looked promising.

TheTrue7 likes this

41 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yes. They really had no choice. They were working with a financial model that wasn't sustainable for them. MLB gave them no choice but to sell off players to get out of the massive debt hit they were facing on a yearly basis with Stanton's contract. That trade took a while to start paying off but it finally has with Caleb Smith. There was also a hitter (his name escapes me) that was just recently called up that was in that deal too and has looked promising.

Great info.

But Yelich.. 

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

Great info.

But Yelich.. 

I think Yelich was the same thing. They knew they couldn't afford to pay him the kind of money he was going to get out on the open market. That's why they traded him. Same reason the Braves traded the guys they did like J-Up and Heyward. Problem is that the Marlins made a horrendous trade for Lewis Brinson who has been a total bust.

58 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

That was a sad day.. such a great talent.. but yea, that squad would make the division so much more competitive.. and it’s already pretty solid as is.

46 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Well.. it is Jeter

tl;dr likes this

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I think Yelich was the same thing. They knew they couldn't afford to pay him the kind of money he was going to get out on the open market. That's why they traded him. Same reason the Braves traded the guys they did like J-Up and Heyward. Problem is that the Marlins made a horrendous trade for Lewis Brinson who has been a total bust.

I just thought of Yelich as their Freddie.. star to build around

18 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Yelich demanded a trade. Once Stanton was dealt everyone wanted out.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Yelich demanded a trade. Once Stanton was dealt everyone wanted out.

I remember.. just think I would have tried a bit harder.. talent like that

Edited by TheTrue7

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

They could have. And they may not have had the pay roll to keep them all. But who knows what the team could have been. 

37 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

They could have. And they may not have had the pay roll to keep them all. But who knows what the team could have been. 

Luckily we will never know lol

tl;dr likes this

2 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

2 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

I remember.. just think I would have tried a bit harder.. talent like that

He was but they couldn't afford to keep him. Just wait until Yelich gets his next deal. He's gonna be in the Bryce Harper/Mike Trout range and there's no way the Marlins can afford a contract like that. They just made a terrible trade.

TheTrue7 likes this

Dodgers pushed Kershaw back a day. Braves will now miss him and get May instead. Dodgers might want to avoid the Braves getting a good look at Kershaw so close to October. 

22 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Dodgers pushed Kershaw back a day. Braves will now miss him and get May instead. Dodgers might want to avoid the Braves getting a good look at Kershaw so close to October. 

So who’s got the next thread? If we want to be technical, I didn’t win the series. 

8 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

So who’s got the next thread? If we want to be technical, I didn’t win the series. 

I'll leave it up to you. Since you kind of got ejected mid AB we could argue it counts toward your stats.

16 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

6 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I'll leave it up to you. Since you kind of got ejected mid AB we could argue it counts toward your stats.

Sorry, I put one up... I made up for the royals If I remember

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Honestly, I kind of was looking forward to the Fried vs Kershaw match-up.