ADAMSVILLE GYM

“Matt Ryan put the team on his back” - NFL Films

26 posts in this topic

Thanks ADAMSVILLE!

We could have been at least 10-6 easy even with a bad o-line if the injuries didn't screw our D up.

However as much as that season disappointed, it led to where we are now with getting drafting guys like Lindstrom, Kaleab, and Cominksy, and bringing in dudes like Brown, and Bailey. We're going into this season with a potential great O-line and defense WITH good depth on both sides.

Barring something crazy or another injury riddled season, we should make the playoffs. 

gazoo, Drew4719, Ergo Proxy and 4 others like this

12 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Best thread on page 1 right now that isn’t pinned. Sanu is gonna be missed greatly. 

You mean missed greatly next year, right?

11 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Greatly missed when his time as a falcon is up

Scared me for a second, thought something bad had happened and he was going to miss the season, checked the first page, saw nothing, relaxed.

15 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Scared me for a second, thought something bad had happened and he was going to miss the season, checked the first page, saw nothing, relaxed.

My bad. 

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Like I said yesterday man...misunderstood

Luckily there are a few of you that will seek clarification instead of making a complete fool of themselves by jumping the gun over bad assumptions. I’ll work on my wording. The posts come off of my fingers the same way I’d say it lol 

falconidae and JD dirtybird21 like this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Luckily there are a few of you that will seek clarification instead of making a complete fool of themselves by jumping the gun over bad assumptions. I’ll work on my wording. The posts come off of my fingers the same way I’d say it lol 

Knock that **** off or I will leave you a moldy piece of cheese you bow tie wearing purple ear mouse.  LoL.

I am still hopeful the Falcons FO can do some magic next offseason and retain Mohammed Sanu.

2018 was what we could do with a good passing game coupled with a below average running game, below average defense, and below average special teams. 

On a scale of 10, I give the passing game an 8, running game a 3, defense a 3, and special teams a 3.  That adds up to a score of 20 divided by 4 is 5.  Can you get more average than that?  Our record reflects that we were average at 7-9.  That is simply 1 close game away from perfectly average.  Can we bounce from 7-9 to a playoff berth?  Anything can happen but I like our chances.  We have the potential to be above average in every phase of the game. 

I think our running game can be average or better if Freeman does not hold up.  No, I am not convinced that Smith, Hill, Barner, Ollison, or Brooks-James can carry the offense.  But, I do believe they will develop into better depth than we have had in a while.  Tevin Coleman is a special athlete, but not the versatile back that keeps defenses on edge.  This year's backups have the potential to do that.  The defense has healed and closed the gaps.  Takk and Vic will show much improvement.  Special teams will not show as many missed assignments as in 2018.  But, the big news, our rebuilt OL will be better than average.  This OL, if spared injury, will boost the running and passing games.

I don't think much of win/loss record predictions, but if we do not surpass the 2018 record, something unexpectedly bad will have occurred.  I am going to climb out on that limb with saw in hand and start ripping the zzzzzs.  Falcons are going to the playoffs in 2019.

ADAMSVILLE GYM likes this

What a great video.

Now imagine that team with a healthy, upgraded defense and scheme flexibility with DQ. We upgraded both sides of the LOS, oh and someone like Free eating behind a deep OL with insurance behind him to go RBBC if necessary.

The time is now.

Godzilla1985 likes this

It's gonna be a sad time in Atlanta when Matt Ryan is gone. Those throws he makes under pressure, his accuracy and touch on his passes, his durability, and his leadership is second to none. He's a competitor with a lot of fire in him. We have been lucky to have a true franchise QB. The dude has made this team relevant and we always know we have a chance with him under center. That's not easy to find. He will be a HOFer.

On 8/11/2019 at 0:33 PM, NaGaBoy said:

Knock that **** off or I will leave you a moldy piece of cheese you bow tie wearing purple ear mouse.  LoL.

I am still hopeful the Falcons FO can do some magic next offseason and retain Mohammed Sanu.

They can do that- they can extend him, or even get him to take a straight pay cut. I'm for that myself.  Couple of problems though:

Problem 1 is, he'll be 31 next year, we'll be extending him in years  32- 33-34 and the list of WRs  who did well at those ages is very very short.

Problem 2 is we have talent like Gage, Ridley and Hoop that need the ball more, plus a group  of talented youngsters.

Well, another problem, problem 3 is that you need the money you save from cutting him to pay the defensive players that deserve a payday. The young WRs are cheap right now.

So, between needing the cap room for signing defensive players, the young cheap replacements and his age, be really surprised if they keep him.

I too will miss him when he's gone, I'm afraid that 2019 is his last year as a Falcon.

Tim Mazetti likes this

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

I too will miss him when he's gone, I'm afraid that 2019 is his last year as a Falcon.

He has been a key part in making the Falcons' a contender.

It would be a sad day for the Falcons' and me.

But gotta move.

Godzilla1985 likes this

You play to win the game! I love this team because we would never tank for a draft pick; we went 7-9 and while that's below .500 we fought hard in all of our games. The brotherhood never gives up and welcomes and overcomes adversity.

Tim Mazetti likes this

This is awesome!  Worth the 20 minutes for sure, thank you for posting.

It's funny because IN the season it was super frustrating and disheartening with all the injuries but watching this makes me appreciate these boys and how hard they fought.  I freaking love this team.