lju713

Gage looks better than Hardy. Should be the 4th

48 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Artys Arryn said:

Agreed. I think the thing that really separates Hardy and Gage is that Gage has a lot more big play potential. Hardy has good hands but has never really been effective at taking the top off. Gage is our 4.

That part 

Tim Mazetti likes this

21 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

I personally believe Hardy is going to be cut.

julio, Sanu, Ridley, Gage, Blake, Zaccheaus will be the squad

I thnk Hardy makes it just from familiarity with the offense, and his blocking ability. Hes really good at finding soft spots in zone coverage

Drew4719, TheFatboi and Ergo Proxy like this

4 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

I personally believe Hardy is going to be cut.

julio, Sanu, Ridley, Gage, Blake, Zaccheaus will be the squad

Looking more and more like this could be the case. 

Flying Falcon likes this

9 minutes ago, ltstorm2 said:

He's talking about fishing.

These millennials and there new slang.  Stream or streaming To talk s... about your friends to alot of ppl behind their back.  That’s why in his tweet he states “I will do me.”It’s actually in the urban dictionary.

12 hours ago, lju713 said:

Trust me I know Hardy is a vet and was drafted by us. TD is loyal to his picks, but Russell Gage looks ready for business. We knew he was a athlete, but now he is becoming a better WR. He showed glimpse last season, and it has transitioned to the preseason . He is a gunner on ST, and is bigger,faster,and has more big play potential than Hardy. Thoughts?

Gage is a TD pick too. 

14 hours ago, Artys Arryn said:

Agreed. I think the thing that really separates Hardy and Gage is that Gage has a lot more big play potential. Hardy has good hands but has never really been effective at taking the top off. Gage is our 4.

Hardy reached his ceiling surprisingly fast. I thought he had the potential to be much better. With that said, he's a safe #4 that I don't worry about. Gage is more exciting and looks like he can benefit greatly from Julio and Calvin attracting attention, especially in sets with four WRs.

ltstorm2 likes this

9 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I thnk Hardy makes it just from familiarity with the offense, and his blocking ability. Hes really good at finding soft spots in zone coverage

Probably what winds up happening and just 1 of the Blake/Gray/Zaccheaus making the 53man; while hopefully we can stash the other 2 on the PS.

Promote both to replace Sanu and Hardy next season if they can make roster as those 2 are likely gone next year for differing reasons.

Gage has that ability to stretch the field but Hardy is  experienced and they know they're getting sure hands with him. I think they both make the 53. It doesn't matter if they are #4 or #5 they both will do what they do. But watch out for the last cuts. Believe me SOME other teams are gonna have to cut some good players. I hope TD carefully scrutinize the last cuts. No more "we are good like we are" if we can get somebody who can improve this team we should get them especially at certain positions.

Ergo Proxy and SpongeDad like this

8 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Hardy reached his ceiling surprisingly fast. I thought he had the potential to be much better. With that said, he's a safe #4 that I don't worry about. Gage is more exciting and looks like he can benefit greatly from Julio and Calvin attracting attention, especially in sets with four WRs.

You and me both. I thought he'd develop into something similar to Sanu. Don't get me wrong, as a 4th option he is good. I just think Gage has so much more upside at this point in their respective careers. Hardy will find a spot on somebody's roster if not ours. 

JayOzOne likes this

On 8/11/2019 at 9:41 AM, lju713 said:

Trust me I know Hardy is a vet and was drafted by us. TD is loyal to his picks, but Russell Gage looks ready for business. We knew he was a athlete, but now he is becoming a better WR. He showed glimpse last season, and it has transitioned to the preseason . He is a gunner on ST, and is bigger,faster,and has more big play potential than Hardy. Thoughts?

Agreed, I have been on Hardy's case for several years. I find it hard to believe he keeps a spot on this roster.

Pulling for Gage.

Gage is a faster, better athlete than Hardy. My fear is he won't have the sure hands Hardy has provided.

Yea Hardy should be let go, to slow and he no longer has much ST value. We have to many young faster better WR's to keep him on the roster.

On 11/8/2019 at 8:50 AM, lju713 said:

If Hardy was 6'2 210 he would be perfect. But 5'10 192 and slow, but great hands isn't the combo we need him to be

Yea, Hardy has made some plays for us and he has great hands, but Gage is a weapon defense will have to pay attention to every down he's on the field if he takes that spot. 

12 hours ago, red falcon said:

Many in this thread talk about hardy's hands, gage's hands look pretty good as well.

Gotta see it when the games count, but yeah he's caught everything thrown at him while also making highlight reel type grabs.

red falcon and Ergo Proxy like this

On 8/11/2019 at 10:26 AM, LouDog said:

He is better but they are actually the same size. Both are listed at 6' 185

20 hours ago, LouDog said:

He is better but they are actually the same size. Both are listed at 6' 185

Not sure where you're getting that. Everywhere I've seen, including  The falcons official website has them listed at:

Hardy 5'10" 192

Gage 6'0" 184

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/players-roster/

Combine and predraft numbers:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/justin-hardy?id=2552418

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/russell-gage?id=32194741-4713-0654-eda3-03cdf234354d