Peter King: The importance of Deion Jones

atljbo

30 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I would love to see Deion Jones and Jermaine Grace in coverage....... To me it would be insane not to have Grace on the roster and for us not to find a way to  get this speed on the field some

Foye would be my choice before Grace but I do want Grace on the team over Duke.

38 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I would love to see Deion Jones and Jermaine Grace in coverage....... To me it would be insane not to have Grace on the roster and for us not to find a way to  get this speed on the field some

we got some straight up unbelievable LBs, I haven't seent this level of athleticism since Seattle a few years ago. and what I liked about Grace was how quick he recognized plays. reminded me of a way faster Mike Pete

13 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Foye can alternate that's the benefit. If Grace is allowed to focus strictly on backing up Jones he will be considered a steal for sure and what happened last year shouldn't ever have us that hamstrung at that position again.

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Unbelievable.   Who would have thought that Jones best play that game wasn’t the INT but the play just before it.  That was a freaking heady recognition by D Jones

Then i had no idea that was alford man..... Deion Jones just read that **** perfectly

24 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Yes. All of them are better than Duke. If Duke is still on the team and Grace isn’t, it will be another time where we let talent go over a missed draft pick. Duke day is terrible. That experiment is over. He’s shown no progress. 

53 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

we got some straight up unbelievable LBs, I haven't seent this level of athleticism since Seattle a few years ago. and what I liked about Grace was how quick he recognized plays. reminded me of a way faster Mike Pete

And admittedly this offseason I thought LB was a need. Oops.

We are far better off at LB at this point in time than I ever could have imagined.

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Unbelievable.   Who would have thought that Jones best play that game wasn’t the INT but the play just before it.  That was a freaking heady recognition by D Jones

I haven't watched it yet but I know the exact play you're talking about. The crazy thing about that play is that it scolded us twice earlier in the season.

The most significant one was against the Miami Dolphins. I've always loved that defensive play more than the interception and whenever I watch that highlight, then I make it a point to watch the play right before against punk a55 Willie Snead.

That's 100% learning from your mistakes, recognition, etc. and that's the beauty of it.

Deion Jones is a game changer, and he is just entering his prime stretch of playing years.

What blows me away about this Pick  6 is that MLB Jones has a WR with world class speed, Brandin Cooks, who ran a blistering  4.33 40 at the combine,  chasing Jones 90 yards and Cooks can’t even close the gap.  

https://youtu.be/AyXI96_btO0

3 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Alford was the one in coverage on that play. Or supposed to be anyway. 

Correct......I meant alford... mybad

The play had me fooled tho.. I thought that was his assignment... just a great playing making his play..... didn't know that was rocky guy

A little over a year ago, right before Nito was diagnosed, we got 2 german shepherds and brought them home.   Julio and Deion - the Jones Boys, we called them.   The Kings of O and D!

Here's Nito back in May of last year with the puppies - followed by pictures of them on their 1st birthday.

35383751_10214553869033336_4870281214725

64418901_10217286566229058_6825159511058153472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_eui2=AeEt-9asMZDpE4m4fr42e_EHylC35oMwR3PsJJbkEV3uVqhd0n5qPiulLUa8wwjKcEtMi2U5Yq6ChhkGErU_a6NolraVxYi9kkpIu33ptAWJBw&_nc_oc=AQnqMAyO3Z0xA9e8-D0zStXCAV8ZcCn16ptII3BHIMBv-cObbA8PBDZKFcFlYQitYzU&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=2dd9dc111b0e1c67f73baf85d089f6fb&oe=5DCB7359

Deion

64598045_10217286572469214_3493988253579

Julio

64812509_10217286579669394_3115300862537

5 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I never forgot that play, So amazing. I doubt any other Linebacker would've made that play, at least not that easily.