PFF says Lindstrom had a bad game

Ergo Proxy

3 hours ago, falconidae said:

I wonder if that's actually Harlow's eval and they screwed up and now they're just ashamed to admit it? Cause that makes more sense than anything else 

I hope that’s what it was dae. I haven’t watched replay, but from listening to game Christian Wilkins apparently was manhandling somebody inside.

9 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I hope that’s what it was dae. I haven’t watched replay, but from listening to game Christian Wilkins apparently was manhandling somebody inside.

I trust Archer on 92.9 to call it like he sees it. He had high praise for his efforts, Falcoholics did too, most people in the game day thread did as well-the one's I trust. Hard to judge Oline play live for me., but didn't see any glaring mistakes like Harlow's holds in the red zone.

Have no idea what they're talking about, they may be giving him responsibility for  other's mistakes because they misinterpreted who had responsibility  on a play.

Remember a former NFL exec talking about how his team had started doing their own in house version of PFF-looking at every single play, but had to give up on the OLine because there just wasn't a way to tell who was supposed to do what on any play.

I remember when PFF first started, they were much more humble, both in size and attitude, used to have a disclaimer on their site that their stats were just one tool for evaluating players, to be used in conjunction with your own eyes and other stats. Now that their stats are everywhere, doesn't seem to be their attitude nowadays. Nowadays, you get this:

"The PFF grading system isolates the pass blocker’s play in a unique way, and it has proven to be both descriptive of what happened on the field and predictive of what will happen. When paired with the information contained within the PFF database, it’s a necessary tool in player evaluation and roster building."

ssshhhhhh.

13 minutes ago, falconidae said:

I trust Archer on 92.9 to call it like he sees it. He had high praise for his efforts, Falcoholics did too, most people in the game day thread did as well-the one's I trust. Hard to judge Oline play live for me., but didn't see any glaring mistakes like Harlow's holds in the red zone.

Have no idea what they're talking about, they may be giving him responsibility for  other's mistakes because they misinterpreted who had responsibility  on a play.

Remember a former NFL exec talking about how his team had started doing their own in house version of PFF-looking at every single play, but had to give up on the OLine because there just wasn't a way to tell who was supposed to do what on any play.

I remember when PFF first started, they were much more humble, both in size and attitude, used to have a disclaimer on their site that their stats were just one tool for evaluating players, to be used in conjunction with your own eyes and other stats. Now that their stats are everywhere, doesn't seem to be their attitude nowadays. Nowadays, you get this:

"The PFF grading system isolates the pass blocker’s play in a unique way, and it has proven to be both descriptive of what happened on the field and predictive of what will happen. When paired with the information contained within the PFF database, it’s a necessary tool in player evaluation and roster building."

ssshhhhhh.

Wasn’t defending PFF, I’ve pretty consistently labeled them as a joke throughout the years.

But who was Wilkins going against? I was working in Ft Lauderdale and Miami announcers made it sound like he was having his way against our interior linemen. 

(I know....homer announcers on their 1st round pick will embelllish)

9 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Wasn’t defending PFF, I’ve pretty consistently labeled them as a joke in here.

But who was Wilkins going against? I was working in Ft Lauderdale and Miami announcers made it sound like he was having his way against our interior linemen. 

(I know....homer announcers on their 1st round pick will embelllish)

I know, I was just pointing that Lindstrum has been universally praised, except for PFF, Not sure who Wilkins was going up against.

Wondering if they really did screw up the Lindstrum grade and will quietly upgrade it later. They had to grade hundreds of players in a few hours- basically twice as many as in a normal game. 

Wouldn't be surprised if somebody looking at his 6th hour of film  at 4 AM assigned the wrong grades to Lindstrum.