jj00100

1 thing we desperately need

121 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, LouDog said:

A dominant pass rush will make any cb look much better than they are. If we can get after the QB consistently, our CBs will be fine. If we cant they might get picked on

doesn't matter how good your pass rush is if you don't have CBs that can cover for the first 2 seconds of any given play. Quick passing game is all the rage these days. 3 step drops are standard and 1 step drops are prevalent now too.

Falcons In 2012 likes this

34 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

doesn't matter how good your pass rush is if you don't have CBs that can cover for the first 2 seconds of any given play. Quick passing game is all the rage these days. 3 step drops are standard and 1 step drops are prevalent now too.

True...all the more reason to find CBs like Oliver that can play press and to have quick cover LBs. DQ and TD have the formula right with personnel and scheme. Make offences have to execute a bunch of short quick plays under pressure, hit them hard and make them go even faster than they’re comfortable with, and don’t give up big plays. Now they have to execute it and stay relatively healthy. 

No team in the league is without question marks and with the way the league wants to emphasize offence and scoring points it’s almost impossible to build a shut down D.

Falcons have a few more “ifs” than top tier teams. The season is hard to predict in August and far more media types get it (badly) wrong than get it right.  If Falcons stay healthy they’ll be a top 15 D. 

16 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Been saying it since the day we cut Alf. 

Don't act like Alf didn't get picked on when he was here.

EpicBird likes this

You can have a proven corner but it doesn't mean he won't get burned from time to time. Last season was rough on the so-called elite corners in this league. I suspect that's a trend you'll see going forwards with how much modern offenses stretch defenses both vertically and horizontally I very much doubt you'll see another shutdown type corner like Revis or Asomugha again. 

As for Oliver, proven or not, he'll be hard pressed to be a downgrade on what Alford gave us last year.

8 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Lol knew you wanted Coleman. He's a slot guy.

LMAO. I knew you were gonna say this. He has played nickel, lcb and rcb. For NE, SEA and now DET. 

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

LMAO. I knew you were gonna say this. He has played nickel, lcb and rcb. For NE, SEA and now DET. 

And gets roasted outside. He's a good slot corner and that's what he got paid to do.

2 hours ago, Kayoh said:

That had more to do with having the right coverage called than the CBs themselves. Most NFL caliber CBs can cover for 2 seconds if put in the right position to do so

16 hours ago, LouDog said:

So you want someone thats been in the league long enough to be a vet, who is still young, good, cheap, and is available? Name one guy that fits all of those categories. Ill wait.

Steven Nelson, Justin Coleman, Kayvon Webster and several others.

3 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

I can't afford both.

sounds like you need to work on your negotiating skills.....

:mmmhmm:

:lol:

12 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Lol!!! You don't even watch other teams do you? You just look at who got paid and think "well he's good". 

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Show me where he got toasted please 

Typical Yo Lova trying to make me work for him for free. I tell you what son, hold your breath while I go do the research for you. Or better still just go watch the freakin tapes.

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Typical Yo Lova trying to make me work for him for free. I tell you what son, hold your breath while I go do the research for you. Or better still just go watch the freakin tapes.

Name the game you deflated balloon lol. 

7 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Name the game you deflated balloon lol. 

Speaking of Justin Coleman, where have the majority of Oliver's NFL snaps been played? Answer? Slot. Where he got lit. Even cost us a game at home against CIN. Got caught grab assin on the boundary Thursday night.

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Speaking of Justin Coleman, where have the majority of Oliver's NFL snaps been played? Answer? Slot. Where he got lit. Even cost us a game at home against CIN. Got caught grab assin on the boundary Thursday night.

Oliver played outside, what are you talking about? Lol

40 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Oliver played outside, what are you talking about? Lol

At the end of the season. Most of his NFL snaps were in the slot. You aint watchin the games.

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

None are a clear upgrade to what will we get out of Oliver