gazoo

1st Team Defensive Line

45 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, gazoo said:

Wow, what a difference an offseason makes. The 1st team DL looked like a totally different group out there. Constant pressure coming from DT and DE positions, constantly collapsing Miami’s pocket, clogging up the middle on running downs,  it was intense and dominant at times. The second team DL pretty much did same, a reflection of the great depth.

Just need to stop QBs from squirting out of collapsing pockets and getting 1st downs. Neal and Jones won’t let that happen.

I fully understand it’s preseason and no game planning, but dayum that still was nice to see, and it’s mostly got  DQs fingerprints all over it. He has them ballin. Matter of fact, even second team defense was going full throttle. 

Very nice to see the aggression and intensity. Signature DQ run defense. Really nice to have him back in the DC chair.

ROH approves this message

Cant wait to see everybody out there...gonna be fun

14 minutes ago, jfalconsp said:

Yup. Add in Jarrett, Deion, Neal, and Rico to what we saw last night and color me excited. 

I’m really interested in the pieces around those names and what they do to allow the mentioned to get off.

This also ties into the coaching strategy in how and best to use the mentioned.Combinations and supporting casts are what intrigue me the most.

Godzilla1985 and Ovie_Lover like this

2 hours ago, ATLskinjob said:

It was really great to watch the first team D line play and dominate......without our best player! I know it's only preseason, but that made me really hopeful for the rest of the season. Also watching Bailey and Davison clogging up the middle so that Takk could make plays on the end was amazing. I think our run D is gonna be a lot stouter than it was last season. Takk looked really good. Vic honestly looked pretty solid too, although I just wish he was more of a dog. He quits on plays, but I understand why he's so intriguing for Quinn. His first step is just ridiculous.

I think this defense has been set up for the LBers and secondary to really be able to make some plays on the ball. The D line is actually getting the real dirty work done and it's leaving everyone else to be able to fly in and really attack the ball. The scheme looks very modified. There were several snaps that were straight up 3-4 and a whole lot of 5-2 looks. I think this defense all of the sudden feels very very different. 

It's even more amazing when you think about that our best defensive players barely played any, if at all. I know Keanu and Deion didn't play and I don't think I noticed Rico in there, but I was more of focusing on the defensive line's play. I think that Fitzpatrick was able to make a lot of plays that definitely wouldn't have happened had Grady or Deion been playing.

I know it's preseason and it's largely meaningless, and I know that the Dolphins have a terrible offensive line, but man. I actually got hyped watching a freakin' preseason game! I hope the way this D feels carries on into the regular season. This team could be really dangerous.

Good post. We are seeing the same thing, scheme definitely has been modified. DQ has a brilliant mind for scheming, I’m thrilled to have him back as DC.

Check this out, and the two OL we drafted after I posted this fit this mold precisely. I was giddy when I recognized this pattern for this very reason. I’ve always thought this teams Achilles heel was the lines not being nasty enough and always getting pushed around at the very time we need to make a play.

I don’t think anybody is going to bully our DL or our OL this year. It’s going to be us pushing the other teams lines around.

4 minutes ago, BirdGangATL said:

On a positive note, Takk made 2 good tackles for loss

Yeah that was nice...he was intense

I loved it....hes showing he's ready for the season

Flying Falcon likes this

On 8/9/2019 at 0:09 AM, gazoo said:

Wow, what a difference an offseason makes. The 1st team DL looked like a totally different group out there. Constant pressure coming from DT and DE positions, constantly collapsing Miami’s pocket, clogging up the middle on running downs,  it was intense and dominant at times. The second team DL pretty much did same, a reflection of the great depth.

Just need to stop QBs from squirting out of collapsing pockets and getting 1st downs. Neal and Jones won’t let that happen.

I fully understand it’s preseason and no game planning, but dayum that still was nice to see, and it’s mostly got  DQs fingerprints all over it. He has them ballin. Matter of fact, even second team defense was going full throttle. 

Very nice to see the aggression and intensity. Signature DQ run defense. Really nice to have him back in the DC chair.

I hope Dan Quinn is defensive coordinator for multiple seasons.

gazoo likes this

This is the best team that the Atlanta Falcons have ever assembled. This is the season we dedicate it to Tommy Nobis; the First Falcon, Mr. Falcon and a guy who should be in the Hall of Fame. This would guarantee us a Super Bowl win. 

Vandy and Tim Mazetti like this

1 hour ago, Nobis_Ghost said:

This is the best team that the Atlanta Falcons have ever assembled. This is the season we dedicate it to Tommy Nobis; the First Falcon, Mr. Falcon and a guy who should be in the Hall of Fame. This would guarantee us a Super Bowl win. 

It very well may be the most talented team we’ve ever had combined with the most talented coaching staff we’ve ever had. 

This is a nice combination. 

It was much improved over last week.  I’m tempering too much excitement since Miami will battle Houston for the worst offensive line in the league this year, but it was promising to see.  Excited to see if we can repeat this week and more importantly, next week.

gazoo likes this

7 minutes ago, rings639 said:

It was much improved over last week.  I’m tempering too much excitement since Miami will battle Houston for the worst offensive line in the league this year, but it was promising to see.  Excited to see if we can repeat this week and more importantly, next week.

I’m thinking we might dial it back a little, at least dial back all the movement we saw last week, just to avoid showing too much of what we will do in regular season.

Rings likes this

8 hours ago, gazoo said:

It very well may be the most talented team we’ve ever had combined with the most talented coaching staff we’ve ever had. 

Agreed. Along with the best front office we've ever had. While some may question his drafting and FA signings, no one can question Dimi's ability to manage the balancing act that is the cap while always having the money to do what needs to be done.

Tim Mazetti and gazoo like this

Looks good....but until we start converting a 3rd and 1.....and stopping a 3rd and 1 in real games....I will temper my expectations!

18 hours ago, gazoo said:

Can't speak about the coaches, I think Matt Ryan runs the offense. Quinn blew his chance to be  great head coach. Hopefully he redeems himself with a ring this year.