Monolith2001

Highlight Players Tonight

50 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

You got Hill and Ollison mixed up there

Yeah...2.9 ypc For Hill isn’t good.  Looks like Olli played well.  What about James 18 yard run?  Was it nice?

Knight of God likes this

22 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Yeah...2.9 ypc For Hill isn’t good.  Looks like Olli played well.  What about James 18 yard run?  Was it nice?

Yeah good burst but he dropped a pass that would’ve given a first down. 

FalconsIn2012 and papachaz like this

31 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I like him a lot

FalconsIn2012 likes this

3 hours ago, falconidae said:

If Wes can handle center, then Mack is gone net year and you have 4 of the 5 starters on reasonable contracts, plus decent depth.

Falcons have done well developing players-Gono, Gage, Benkert, Wes- have all looked better this year than last.  This team is going to cut some good players this year.

I agree and Grace as well.

8 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

A lot of standouts tonight but I thought the following had great performances.

• Dan Quinn -  not a player but D looked fantastic
  • Oline - 1st and 2nd lines looked awesome
  • Lindstrom
  • Schaub (panic'ed a bit tho)
  • Quadree Ollison
  • Gage
  • Zacchaeus
  • Larkin
  • Grace
  • Barner
  • Miles

Hall of Shame

• Harlow

LOL!!!! @ Harlow in the Hall of Shame 

Sean Harlow looked like Garrett Reynolds at Guard. I know some of you have purged that nightmare so as a refresher, it means Harlow is a dumpster fire. I hope he walked back to ATL last night.

Grace better take Riley's spot.

Overall I was happy that our backups are better than the last 2 years worth of backups.

6 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

6 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I like him a lot

which 'him' in that post are you referring to? there's three in there :ninja::lol:

Deffintly a Jermain Grace fan...Duke is out the door, i hope Duke heals from injury but  "Cant make the club in the tub"- Last Chance U season 2

9 hours ago, gHost83 said:

I thought Davidson and Allen Bailey played very well in the limited snaps they got. Looks like we will be much improved on run D with them. Takk was a ****in problem. Beasley actually looked ok because of the attention Bailey and Davidson was getting. 

Sheffield and Miller both showed promise and things to improve on. Miller needs to get stronger but he was glue on his man. Got man handled a bit but dude was 6'5". Sheffield got the same treatment from him. Miami got something with that WR. He is a problem. How did dude go undrafted? 

Phillips had another good game to me.  Another tfl and got that fumble recovery.  Grace has shades of Debo in coverage. That pick was a thing of beauty.  Duke is as good as gone if this continues. There isn't any way you keep him if they keep this up.

Cominsky was again impressive. He had 2 holding calls called on his man. Some impressive bull rushes and played both DE spots and some 3 tech.  Senat was solid with nice pursuit on a few plays. If he and Cominsky are on the bottom end of our rotation, our DLine is deep guys. 

Thank goodness Schaub looked improved. He was definitely on point tonight. Great deep balls and showed poise when he had time. Speaking of having time, Lingstrom definitely helped him out. The stark difference when he was out and Harlow was in was immediately apparent. Harlow needs to be selling insurance at this point. Gono is a mauler and so is Jamon Brown. Both he and Brown had some pancake blocks out there. Promising stuff.

I gotta give Simms credit. To come in with less than a week to get it together, he looked better than expected. Not his fault he got some drops at the expense of 4th and 5th string wrs. He threw some high balls but no real ducks. 

Ollison looks better than Hill. No bs. He can run some outside zone concepts because he has some deceptive speed. Hill doesn't have the same acceleration in his game. He didn't look bad though. Just was good to see Ollison show me something I didn't think he had in his bag. 

I almost want to shutdown Gage. He looks that **** good. Hardy is way behind him on the depth chart as far as I'm concerned. OZ has been flashing also. Hardy looks to be the odd man out. 

Larkin was a nice surprise. Hopefully we can stash him on the ps somehow. 

Safety depth is an issue though. I see why Quinn is churning the roster trying to find someone who sticks there. Maybe after some roster cuts we can find some competent depth there. 

All in all, fun game to watch and a lot to take from these snaps. Very promising stuff from offense and defense.

I saw Davidson bulldoze the h*ll out of an olinemen into the back field. 

3 hours ago, Precyse said:

I saw Davidson bulldoze the h*ll out of an olinemen into the back field. 

Yes bro. He plays low with a ton of core strength. That wrestling background shows up in his game. Powerful and stout.

On 8/8/2019 at 11:45 PM, NWFALCON said:

I forgot to add Wes. He looks wayyyyy better at center. 

Agreed. Maybe we lucm up and have a decent backup center with him.

I have a question for you gurus. Again, I’m trying to be better at recognizing plays and techniques. 

I watched the first series of our defense and noticed that shortly after the ball is snapped, Oliver flipped his hips and put his back towards the sideline. He did this multiple times. 

I have always heard commentators say that DBs like to use the sideline as an additional defender but that’s not the case with this technique.

The camera angle wasn’t the best full field view so I could not see the safeties, but is this technique typically used when there is help on the inside?

12 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I’m actually pulling for both, I want to see a bit more fight for yardage from Hill like I saw in his college tapes.

I’ve also seen Hill miss a few open holes and cut-backs. He lacks vision. Ollison looks like he has better vision but he’s really raw in terms of catching and blocking. Tough call between the two of them. 

On 8/9/2019 at 1:54 AM, droopy1592 said:

I swear to the spaghetti monster... Duke would have never reacted on the ball like that. Please no! Cat needs to be cut. We have better LBs on the roster. 

I have reached the point where I really can't come up with a single reason to keep Duke on this team. Not happy about it, but that's where I am.

7 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I have reached the point where I really can't come up with a single reason to keep Duke on this team. Not happy about it, but that's where I am.

Yeah Quinn needs to go on, man, up, and eat his crow on that one. He has built up enough draft bones in my eye to get a pass on Riley. Sometimes draft pics don't work out, and the Duke is one of those cases.

23 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Too early to cut duke, I'd like to see him in PS. 

You have to cut him to put him on the practice squad.