XXVIII-III

Sheffield Getting Clowned

47 posts in this topic

Just now, Iron Saint said:

Hahah, yeah I wish it was tonight too. I'm impatient as it gets regarding football. :lol:

Honestly I'd be pissed having to wait an extra night for this dumb*** game :lol:

Iron Saint and PokerSteve like this

1 hour ago, federicofalcon2 said:

He's been giving up numerous catches all night. Most of them on converted 1st downs.  I'm not saying he's playing terrible, but I do feel he's allowing a lot more catches than I expected.  It's also PS, so it's not the end of the world. 

Just saying I've seen him in coverage on at least 4 catches allowed so far.

All i remember was a PI for a first. No pass completion tho 

I thought Sheff had a very good game. Had tight coverage on the balls thrown his way and contested them. Sometimes the receiver just comes up with them. 

PokerSteve likes this

9 hours ago, Inoffensive Display Name said:

Lookin’ like Chris Houston out there.  Hopefully he’s just having a rough game...

A Crisp Houston reference?  He must have really stunk!

PokerSteve likes this

11 hours ago, Inoffensive Display Name said:

Lookin’ like Chris Houston out there.  Hopefully he’s just having a rough game...

Lol I forgot all about Crisp Houston

11 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I think you’re watching somebody else with the same number. Only think Oliver did was a PI. He wasn’t giving passes all over the field. I didn’t see it. 

12 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Legit haven't seen a single play where this happened

12 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

When was this

Sorry guys, this was on me.  Long day at work and I COMPLETELY forgot that Oliver changed his number.  That's on me for not noticing.  I was watching this on my phone as well, so forgive me.  You guys are correct, he only had that questionable PI, but it was Sheffield who was getting these plays.  i APOLOGIZE. My mistake.

11 minutes ago, federicofalcon2 said:

Sorry guys, this was on me.  Long day at work and I COMPLETELY forgot that Oliver changed his number.  That's on me for not noticing.  I was watching this on my phone as well, so forgive me.  You guys are correct, he only had that questionable PI, but it was Sheffield who was getting these plays.  i APOLOGIZE. My mistake.

Respect

federicofalcon2 likes this

37 minutes ago, federicofalcon2 said:

Honest mistake, it's all good. Good on you to own up to it. Yeah, Sheffield had some rough plays.

Ovie_Lover likes this

So Sheff thought he shouldn't been a first round draft pick??? You have to prove it when you say things publicly. I hope Sheff will.

18 hours ago, Inoffensive Display Name said:

Hahaha, I haven't thought about that clown in a long long time. God he was awful. Would never turn his head to look at hm the ball.

Oh and Jamaal Anderson. 

17 hours ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

Sheffield osu tape looked very questionable to begin with. Fast guy and seems strong but i only noticed average twitch. Although def athletici n terms of being a "natural" db i couldn't see it but hopefully he develops idk.

It was very questionable. There are just too many homers around here. Yes he has the tools, but his tape was iffy at best. Dude got roasted routinely in college. And now the excuse will be "its preseason" or "this wr is 6'5". 

I'm all for rooting for the kid, but at least keep it realistic. If he is struggling then yeah call him out on it. Don't make excuses for him. He gets to go against one of the best WR trio's in the league. I am not ruling him out, but I definitely don't support all Sheff's defenders right now. Its cringey af honestly. 

1 minute ago, Clark Kent™ said:

It was very questionable. There are just too many homers around here. Yes he has the tools, but his tape was iffy at best. Dude got roasted routinely in college. And now the excuse will be "its preseason" or "this wr is 6'5". 

I'm all for rooting for the kid, but at least keep it realistic. If he is struggling then yeah call him out on it. Don't make excuses for him. He gets to go against one of the best WR trio's in the league. I am not ruling him out, but I definitely don't support all Sheff's defenders right now. Its cringey af honestly. 

There are literally no Sheffield homers around here.  There are no Sheff defenders.  We have no clue how he is going to translate to the NFL, it's been 1 preseason game...it's way too early to tell if he is going to be a bust or be good, so just sit back and let it happen.  Acting like you anything about any player at this point just makes you look foolish.  Some would even say cringey.

Ovie_Lover likes this

1 minute ago, athell said:

There are literally no Sheffield homers around here.  There are no Sheff defenders.  We have no clue how he is going to translate to the NFL, it's been 1 preseason game...it's way too early to tell if he is going to be a bust or be good, so just sit back and let it happen.  Acting like you anything about any player at this point just makes you look foolish.  Some would even say cringey.

There are TONS of Sheffield homers around here. Don't even act like there aren't lol. His college tape shows him getting beat a ton and I've even had people try to defend that. It is what it is. If the kid gets roasted then fine. Don't try to spin it. 

Nothing cringey about calling a spade a spade. I always keep it real. You gotta find that balance between FFS1970 and gazoo. Thats where I live. 

Just now, Clark Kent™ said:

There are TONS of Sheffield homers around here. Don't even act like there aren't lol. His college tape shows him getting beat a ton and I've even had people try to defend that. It is what it is. If the kid gets roasted then fine. Don't try to spin it. 

Nothing cringey about calling a spade a spade. I always keep it real. You gotta find that balance between FFS1970 and gazoo. Thats where I live. 

I haven't seen them.  I have seen people giving credit where credit is due and also criticizing where it is due.  Fact of the matter is, it's preseason.  It's there exactly for learning moments like this for young players.  

I'm all for keeping it real, trust me.  This place just seems to be a piss and moan fest recently, it's dragging me down.  Football is supposed to be fun.  This game is supposed to be fun.  So much energy used here ****ting on players.

On 8/9/2019 at 5:24 PM, Clark Kent™ said:

There are TONS of Sheffield homers around here. Don't even act like there aren't lol. His college tape shows him getting beat a ton and I've even had people try to defend that. It is what it is. If the kid gets roasted then fine. Don't try to spin it. 

A ton? Exaggerate much? 

Sheffield’s college tapes show him usually on opponent’s hip pocket in coverage and with excellent recovery in those rare occasions he was beaten off LOS.

Plenty of things he needs to work on....technique...when to take risks and when not to...finding the ball in flight and avoiding penalties...tackling as well.

But getting beat a ton in college? You pulled that one out of your a$$ Clark.

Cole World and Ovie_Lover like this

Sheffield wasn’t just burnt last night. He competed and wasn’t getting his head around to play the ball vs some good throws WHILE being in tight coverage.m

At least the guy was in position. That’s step one.

People only see glasses half empty or nothing to work with at all seemingly...some do that.

Vandy likes this

Posted (edited)

On 8/8/2019 at 10:25 PM, Yo_Lover said:

Honestly I'd be pissed having to wait an extra night for this dumb*** game :lol:

Hahaha, well we didn't do as bad as the score would indicate considering no Brees, no Jordan, no Peat. We were able to move the ball comfortably for the most part and strung together three 10+ play drives, but were very vanilla in our red zone playcalling and settled for FG's more than we would had it been the regular season. We did win the time of possession battle by like 6 minutes and were even in the turnover battle but since the turnover we gave up also gave them 6 points (a tipped pass that should've been caught but was instead batted up right into their hands), I'd mark that down as a loss.

Our starting defense did give up a TD on the first drive due to an insane catch by Thielen over Apple to put them at the 1-yard line, but Apple was step-for-step right there with him from the snap, just didn't get his head around to make a play on the ball, I saw the matchup and when I saw we were in man, I knew that's exactly where he was going with it). Then they then hit us on a play-action fake for the TD. On that drive we had them on 3rd & 9 from their own 25 and should've gotten off the field but they lost contain and Cousins scooted for a 10 yard run and fresh set of downs before moving down for the TD. Starting defense then got a 3-and-out stop on the next drive and then started cycling in the 2nd string.

We played very sloppy regarding penalties and need to clean that up ASAP though. While the Vikings were flagged more, ours just came at the most opportune times (extending their drives and killing ours). But quite a few of our young guys that have been balling out in practice also put down some good game tape (Ozigbo, Elliss, Grayson) in addition to a few that are seldom heard from in practice and showed up big in the game (like Lil'Jordan Humphrey) so I'm pretty optimistic on that even though we didn't get the W. :)

Edited by Iron Saint

On 8/9/2019 at 9:01 AM, J.Reed said:

Lol I forgot all about Crisp Houston

Very understandable. A highly forgettable player. :lol:

On 8/8/2019 at 9:47 PM, Upstate NY Falcon said:

He’s a rookie 4th rounder in his second preseason game... he’s been in great position all game, as has Miller. That undrafted rookie Williams is making great plays on the ball, and is 6’5”.

chill. 

Just end this thread right here.  I’m not reading past it because I know all the little chicken **** trolls will need the extra attention. 

Posted (edited)

On 8/8/2019 at 9:56 PM, federicofalcon2 said:

Oliver is playing much worse than anticipated as well

He sucks! There should've been an open competition.Im really liking what I'm seeing out of Miller and Sheffield not far behind.I don't feel comfortable with Oliver being the starter.He hasn't shown anything to make me think otherwise and he was given significant playing time towards the end of last season.

Edited by Atlwings