RazorWing

Do we trade for a quarterback?

180 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I was surprised about his being fired by the Vikings, honestly.

But he only got 12 games I think.  Thru 11 games they were averaging 24 points per game with a 6 point dud vs Buffalo.  Take out the Buffalo game and it’s 26.3 ppg in 10 games.  Much better than Sark in 2017 with far less talent

This time a year ago, DeFilippo was viewed as the hottest OC candidate after helping the Philadelphia Eagles win the Super Bowl as quarterbacks coach. The 40-year-old was widely credited with aiding Carson Wentz's MVP-caliber season and helping morph Nick Foles into a Super Bowl MVP.

He can be a good QB coach but he doesn't seem good at OC. Again Doug changed that offense for the better that year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

He can be a good QB coach but he doesn't seem good at OC. Again Doug changed that offense for the better that year. 

He did for sure.  It was Doug and DeFillippo who were the gems that year.  

But Defillippo was solid for a 1st year OC.  24 ppg isn’t bad at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

You didn't mention the trade so? How am I supposed to know you stayed on topic with the trade when talking about Foles lol.

Also what RB is he trading that has "#2 potential"?

My literal first post in this thread...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

He did for sure.  It was Doug and DeFillippo who were the gems that year.  

But Defillippo was solid for a 1st year OC.  24 ppg isn’t bad at all

Sark was better and y'all hated him.

Vandy and athell like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Is that the post I replied to?

I wasn't talking about Foles in that post neither. I clearly said "cost isn't the thing. It's what's being accomplished." 

So since that's the post you want to respond to, what is being accomplished trading Hill for a backup QB? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Sark was better and y'all hated him.

He wasn’t, though.  Sark averaged 21 ppg in his first year as OC with way more talent and free reign to call what he wants.

DeFillippo averaged more points & yards with less talent and a HC screaming to run the ball despite averaging less than 4 ypc

Vikings had terrible interior guards so they couldn’t run.  So DeFillippo decided to get the ball to his very good receivers with quick throws to the perimeter.  This caused internal tension and ultimately Zimmerman foolishly fired him

NeonDeion likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Bortles and Kessler are cheaper than Shaub and have shown they can win games. Kessler is the cheapest and went 2-2 for the Jags last year. That's all you need from a backup if Ryan has to miss a few games. Also helps practice and preseason evaluation. 

I would take Kessler > Schaub.

Ovie_Lover likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

He wasn’t, though.  Sark averaged 21 ppg in his first year as OC with way more talent and free reign to call what he wants.

DeFillippo averaged more points & yards with less talent and a HC screaming to run the ball despite averaging less than 4 ypc

Vikings had terrible interior guards so they couldn’t run.  So DeFillippo decided to get the ball to his very good receivers with quick throws to the perimeter.  This caused internal tension and ultimately Zimmerman foolishly fired him

Flip got fired because Zimmer foolishly wanted him to run the ball into a line that couldn't run block instead of Flip leaning on the strength of the offense which was the passing game. It was quite fascinating seeing that play out, when everybody could see running the ball was helping the defense. I get balance, but wasting downs is more foolish than abandoning what's not working. You saw the Bucs do that last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RazorWing said:

Just a question. With the emerge of Hill and a crowded rb backfield. Can we trade a rb for a quality backup qb? Or wait to see whats available on the wavier wire?

hqdefault.jpg.a9c2f7c499489560cc18a60087476ed2.jpgIMG_0105.JPG.9ea73cdaad1bb284f671a53a3cc5896a.JPGIMG_0077.JPG.13279fe520c12400935bce10fa9f6931.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, vel said:

I wasn't talking about Foles in that post neither. I clearly said "cost isn't the thing. It's what's being accomplished." 

So since that's the post you want to respond to, what is being accomplished trading Hill for a backup QB? 

He said Foles cost the team this much and you said cost isn't a worry. So you weren't talking about Foles? Haha

And he didn't say trade Hill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

About a million years ago (in dog years) my 1st GF was a redhead...enough said ;)

Mine too....for your sake, I hope she wasn’t the same one, because mine was bat-crazy, WFW. 

But of course, she could get crazy in some good ways too....:ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

He wasn’t, though.  Sark averaged 21 ppg in his first year as OC with way more talent and free reign to call what he wants.

DeFillippo averaged more points & yards with less talent and a HC screaming to run the ball despite averaging less than 4 ypc

Vikings had terrible interior guards so they couldn’t run.  So DeFillippo decided to get the ball to his very good receivers with quick throws to the perimeter.  This caused internal tension and ultimately Zimmerman foolishly fired him

So we're just gonna ignore it was Sarks first ever year in the NFL? Lol ok

Guess we didn't have any injuries on the offense that would have hampered us even a little. Weird.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

He said Foles cost the team this much and you said cost isn't a worry. So you weren't talking about Foles? Haha

And he didn't say trade Hill

Bro look I'm not going to argue. I posted exactly what I meant in each post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vel said:

Bro look I'm not going to argue. I posted exactly what I meant in each post. 

It was vague and I misunderstood and you got upset lol. I'm not trying to argue, you're the one that said something like "idk why you have to twist my posts". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, vel said:

Flip got fired because Zimmer foolishly wanted him to run the ball into a line that couldn't run block instead of Flip leaning on the strength of the offense which was the passing game. It was quite fascinating seeing that play out, when everybody could see running the ball was helping the defense. I get balance, but wasting downs is more foolish than abandoning what's not working. You saw the Bucs do that last year. 

They averaged 4.2ypc what exactly was wrong with the run game? They also had around a 60/40 split. Maybe closer to 55/45. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

DeFillippo averaged more points & yards with less talent and a HC screaming to run the ball despite averaging less than 4 ypc

They averaged 4.2ypc

Also they didn't average more yards than Sarks first year.

Like @Vandy has said, I don't get the Sark hate.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

They averaged 4.2ypc

Also they didn't average more yards than Sarks first year.

Like @Vandy has said, I don't get the Sark hate.

Falcons finish 28th in total D yet everyone blames OC for last year. SMH. 

Ergo Proxy and Ovie_Lover like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now