RazorWing

Do we trade for a quarterback?

180 posts in this topic

Just a question. With the emerge of Hill and a crowded rb backfield. Can we trade a rb for a quality backup qb? Or wait to see whats available on the wavier wire?

I don't think we will. We put Benkert on IR which keeps him from being cut and claimed. I think Schaub is the backup 1 more year no matter what and then we cut him for cap, and Benkert is the backup for 2 years.

Ergo Proxy likes this

4 minutes ago, vel said:

Why would you trade a player who can actually produce something this season for a player who may throw 10 passes in three seasons? 

Not only that, but what would even be the point since we're screwed without MR2 anyway?

aer2033 and ATLSlobberKnockers like this

Just now, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Not only that, but what would even be the point since we're screwed without MR2 anyway?

People want a decent backup so we can see what the WR's have in preseason? Also helps us see the RB's and o-line when we don't go 3 and out every drive. 

Probably helps the 2nd string get better going against a decent backup in practice. 

But I mean idk what's the point? 

GeorgiaBoyz likes this

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

People want a decent backup so we can see what the WR's have in preseason? Also helps us see the RB's and o-line when we don't go 3 and out every drive. 

Probably helps the 2nd string get better going against a decent backup in practice. 

But I mean idk what's the point? 

That you ain't winning **** without Ryan no matter who your backup is.

Especially if you're going to rely on 2nd stringers and preseason WR's that may not even make the cut. 

Edited by BoomGoesTheDynamite

7 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

That you ain't winning **** without Ryan no matter who your backup is.

Can you read? Where did I say we want a backup QB to win games? 

And you're telling me this team can't win with Tyrod Taylor, Brisett, Tannehill, Mullens, Keenum, Bridgewater, or Bortles? And Cody Kessler, forgot about him. And Chase Daniel, forgot him too.

If you think we can't win with any of those then this team is garbage.

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

And you're telling me this team can't win with Tyrod Taylor, Brisett, Tannehill, Mullens, Keenum, Bridgewater, or Bortles? 

I agree....a team HAS to be have quality depth.

Patriots always had  quality backup QBs whom they developed and used them in trade.

TheFatboi and datboilando like this

14 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

merlin_143239770_92d74713-331e-4a9c-914c

Kaep isn't taking a contract that offers him backup money, he's already turned down several offers as such.  Remember, Koetter's offense incorporates a concerted effort to get the ball down field, which hasn't been Kaep's strength.

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

And you're telling me this team can't win with Tyrod Taylor, Brisett, Tannehill, Mullens, Keenum, Bridgewater, or Bortles? 

Then why trade for another backup just for some preseason games? Might as well keep Simms.

I'm telling you the reason most of these dudes don't have starting jobs anymore is because they couldn't cut it and there is no purpose in signing them if you don't "want a backup QB to win games" if something happened to Matt.

And what's this unhealthy fascination with Kap? Dude's not coming back. Move on.

1 minute ago, blutarski said:

Kaep isn't taking a contract that offers him backup money, he's already turned down several offers as such.  Remember, Koetter's offense incorporates a concerted effort to get the ball down field, which hasn't been Kaep's strength.

Sign him sign him sign him

Dr Long Shot likes this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Sign him sign him sign him

Doesn't make football sense, and no way we would allocate the kind of $$ he wants for a backup role.

Just now, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Then why trade for another backup just for some preseason games? Might as well keep Simms.

I'm telling you the reason most of these dudes don't have starting jobs anymore is because they couldn't cut it and there is no purpose in signing them if you don't "want a backup QB to win games" if something happened to Matt.

And what's this unhealthy fascination with Kap? Dude's not coming back. Move on.

Never said we should trade for one. Was just replying because its ridiculous you think the only reason to have a backup is to keep us going if Matt is hurt.

And it's a joke genius.

TheFatboi likes this

1 minute ago, blutarski said:

Doesn't make football sense, and no way we would allocate the kind of $$ he wants for a backup role.

Sign him to a 7 year deal and spread the cap hits out. Guarantee his money so he feels safe and boom. Really not that hard.

And I guess winning games doesn't make football sense. Smh

Lol i think we will be okay if we dont sign anyone else, but i do think it is Schaubs last year.