Falcons Fan MVP

How good do you think Brian Hill will become?

217 posts in this topic

Just now, JBridgez said:

Brian Hill will be our #3 RB barring injury for week 1. He will the short yardage back, probably end the year with about 400 yards total now that he can catch the ball. I could see him stealing 4 or 5 TD's away from Free and Ito though.

God I hope not

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I certainly would not bet on it...nor would I be surprised if it happens

No way he averages 4.9 ypc with over 50 carries. That's better than Freeman has ever had besides last year but he didn't reach 50 carries. 

This is what athell and hash are talking about. Y'all really act like Hill is a top tier RB.

Flying Falcon likes this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

No way he averages 4.9 ypc with over 50 carries. That's better than Freeman has ever had besides last year but he didn't reach 50 carries. 

It’s easier for a #2 or #3 to get higher YAC cause defenses probably expect a pass if Free is out and Hill is on.

7 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

God I hope not

This was with our backup oline which sucked and had to play against Denver starters early on

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

It’s easier for a #2 or #3 to get higher YAC cause defenses probably expect a pass if Free is out and Hill is on.

I'm not sure that is true, because if he's in, the game is probably over.  In most cases, we'll be ahead trying to run out the clock, which would mean the opposing team would be 8 in the box.

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Lol that's a stretch and a half my guy.

Flying Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, JBridgez said:

This was with our backup oline which sucked and had to play against Denver starters early on

Denver's starters didnt play at all. What are you talking about? And he didn't do anything worthy of in a short yardage situation. I wanna see 3rd and 1, goal line, this doesn't help your cause.

3 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Lol that's a stretch and a half my guy.

You don’t think?  I didn’t look it up, but it makes sense.  If Free is taking a one play breather, I would think pass more likely than run.  But again, it’s simply a guess

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

Denver's starters didnt play at all. What are you talking about? And he didn't do anything worthy of in a short yardage situation. I wanna see 3rd and 1, goal line, this doesn't help your cause.

Obv not all of the starters...the commentators in the first couple drives were talking about Denver having players that played a lot last year in the game. They were only referring to the dline. Hill pushed the chains multiple times and got a TD in a goal line situation

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

You don’t think?  I didn’t look it up, but it makes sense.  If Free is taking a one play breather, I would think pass more likely than run.  But again, it’s simply a guess

I think I'm glad you're not a coach in the NFL. That would get exposed quick.

1 minute ago, JBridgez said:

Obv not all of the starters...the commentators in the first couple drives were talking about Denver having players that played a lot last year in the game. They were only referring to the dline. Hill pushed the chains multiple times and got a TD in a goal line situation

He got a TD on a pass, and they had no starters playing dude. 

It was a bunch of backups.

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I think I'm glad you're not a coach in the NFL. That would get exposed quick.

I think I’m glad nobody on this board is an NFL Coach...lol. 

falconidae likes this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

He got a TD on a pass, and they had no starters playing dude. 

It was a bunch of backups.

Ok, so what does impress you in a pre-season game?

If Hill didn’t impress because it’s pre season vs 2nd teamers; 

And Ollison disappointed against 2nd teamers;

It begs the question: what would impress you in these games?

Just now, FalconsIn2020 said:

Ok, so what does impress you in a pre-season game?

If Hill didn’t impress because it’s pre season vs 2nd teamers; 

And Ollison disappointed against 2nd teamers;

It begs the question: what would impress you in these games?

It was worse than 2nd team.

And I was happy Hill showed he can follow his blocks but that's all he showed. No moves. No power besides that penalty.

John impressed because he had a good day against bad players so that tells me he's at least better than them. Now I wanna see him do it against good players.

Not trying to crown a guy after one game.

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

It was worse than 2nd team.

And I was happy Hill showed he can follow his blocks but that's all he showed. No moves. No power besides that penalty.

John impressed because he had a good day against bad players so that tells me he's at least better than them. Now I wanna see him do it against good players.

Not trying to crown a guy after one game.

Yes, John was impressive for sure.  Benkert, Cominsky & Hill were the standouts from the 1st game.  Kudos to them, let’s just see if it continues.  That’s all anybody is saying

Just now, FalconsIn2020 said:

Yes, John was impressive for sure.  Benkert, Cominsky & Hill were the standouts from the 1st game.  Kudos to them, let’s just see if it continues.  That’s all anybody is saying

Been saying a lot more than that about Hill. Someone even predicted he'd average 4.9ypc this year. Some have predicted he'd be the #1 by the end of the year. Some have predicted he is #2 right now.

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Been saying a lot more than that about Hill. Someone even predicted he'd average 4.9ypc this year. Some have predicted he'd be the #1 by the end of the year. Some have predicted he is #2 right now.

I certainly have not.  Most I’ve said is Hill is in a battle to win RB #2

Stryka likes this

Like the idea of a bigger back like Hill and the Kid out of Pitt. but Ito looked good last year too...man it will be a tough call for that #2 spot

Stryka likes this

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I certainly have not.  Most I’ve said is Hill is in a battle to win RB #2

You predicted he'd average 4.9ypc

4 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

Hill will have his chance to really shine when Freeman gets a concussion by week 12. 

I'm hoping he will already have had his concussion and gone through concussion protocol and be back ready to go by week 12. The home stretch is when we're going to need him most.

As for Hill, I think 850 yards and 4 TD's is probably realistic.

2 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I'm hoping he will already have had his concussion and gone through concussion protocol and be back ready to go by week 12. The home stretch is when we're going to need him most.

As for Hill, I think 850 yards and 4 TD's is probably realistic.

Rushing and receiving or?

PokerSteve and Stryka like this