How good do you think Brian Hill will become?

TBH, if we go into game 1 with Hill as our RB#2, I don’t think it’ll bode well for the team.

I don’t think he has the God given talent to create plays that aren’t there initially.  

I’m more concerned over Ollison right now.  And frankly Ollison, save for his size, isn’t much of the playmaking sort either imho.  But I was hoping he’d have more shake n bake than our buddy Hill.

Outside of short yardage attempts, I want Ito to come away with the gig @ #2...

6 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

TBH, if we go into game 1 with Hill as our RB#2, I don’t think it’ll bode well for the team.

I don’t think he has the God given talent to create plays that aren’t there initially.  

I’m more concerned over Ollison right now.  And frankly Ollison, save for his size, isn’t much of the playmaking sort either imho.  But I was hoping he’d have more shake n bake than our buddy Hill.

Outside of short yardage attempts, I want Ito to come away with the gig @ #2...

Olly disappointed me but if he can show he can make the goal line runs and 3rd and 1's we should keep him.

3 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Olly disappointed me but if he can show he can make the goal line runs and 3rd and 1's we should keep him.

My hope is that Olly had some stage fright & just needs to relax, pick up his blocks & find his seams.  But tbh, he didn’t really see a play where he even had a chance.  But he still played poorly given what he did have.

21 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

My hope is that Olly had some stage fright & just needs to relax, pick up his blocks & find his seams.  But tbh, he didn’t really see a play where he even had a chance.  But he still played poorly given what he did have.

Really did seem like he was getting hit behind the line every play. Hopefully he can turn it around and it was just first game nerves.

1 minute ago, Statick said:

Very.

If Hill is any indication that plenty of reps and understanding of the offense can greatly improve a player, this also applies to Ollison.

Worst case is Ollison hits the practice squad and called up in the event of an emergency. I would have had him add 10 pounds and label him as a fb and gave him a few touches per game just to get something other than blocking from him then use him as a rb in the case of an emergency. That’s just me though cause I know it’s easier said than done. 

5 minutes ago, Statick said:

Very.

If Hill is any indication that plenty of reps and understanding of the offense can greatly improve a player, this also applies to Ollison.

Imo Hill has reached his peak and Ollison should continue to get better through the preseason.. Ollison just needs to start showing something every game. 

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Imo Hill has reached his peak and Ollison should continue to get better through the preseason.. Ollison just needs to start showing something every game. 

He should, yes, but then only if he gets the reps. As a rook, that's going to be a tall order, especially being behind Freeman, Smith and now Hill.