Falcons Fan MVP

How good do you think Brian Hill will become?

217 posts in this topic

How many touchdowns do you predict Brian Hill will get this season? Do you think he could be our #2 back? Make you Brian Hill predictions? What will he do this season for the Falcons?

Falcster likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH, if we go into game 1 with Hill as our RB#2, I don’t think it’ll bode well for the team.

I don’t think he has the God given talent to create plays that aren’t there initially.  

I’m more concerned over Ollison right now.  And frankly Ollison, save for his size, isn’t much of the playmaking sort either imho.  But I was hoping he’d have more shake n bake than our buddy Hill.

Outside of short yardage attempts, I want Ito to come away with the gig @ #2...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hill has given himself a chance of making the team by working hard.. He just dont have the natural talent, hes as good as he'll be right now. Still not sure he'll even make the team because DK wants a big back like Ollison.. Matter of fact, Ollison was DK's pick.. Gonna be hard to upseat that 

Cole World likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

TBH, if we go into game 1 with Hill as our RB#2, I don’t think it’ll bode well for the team.

I don’t think he has the God given talent to create plays that aren’t there initially.  

I’m more concerned over Ollison right now.  And frankly Ollison, save for his size, isn’t much of the playmaking sort either imho.  But I was hoping he’d have more shake n bake than our buddy Hill.

Outside of short yardage attempts, I want Ito to come away with the gig @ #2...

 

Olly disappointed me but if he can show he can make the goal line runs and 3rd and 1's we should keep him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Olly disappointed me but if he can show he can make the goal line runs and 3rd and 1's we should keep him.

My hope is that Olly had some stage fright & just needs to relax, pick up his blocks & find his seams.  But tbh, he didn’t really see a play where he even had a chance.  But he still played poorly given what he did have.

Cole World and Ovie_Lover like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

We'll see. Was disappointing his first game.

I was honestly expecting them to ask him to put on a little more weight and switch to full back. I was dead wrong

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

My hope is that Olly had some stage fright & just needs to relax, pick up his blocks & find his seams.  But tbh, he didn’t really see a play where he even had a chance.  But he still played poorly given what he did have.

Really did seem like he was getting hit behind the line every play. Hopefully he can turn it around and it was just first game nerves.

Cole World likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I was honestly expecting them to ask him to put on a little more weight and switch to full back. I was dead wrong

I hope they don't. I think he can be good, he just needs to show it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

He can be good but he needs the reps. It’s gonna be hard in a 3 man rotation 

Very.

If Hill is any indication that plenty of reps and understanding of the offense can greatly improve a player, this also applies to Ollison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Statick said:

Very.

If Hill is any indication that plenty of reps and understanding of the offense can greatly improve a player, this also applies to Ollison.

Worst case is Ollison hits the practice squad and called up in the event of an emergency. I would have had him add 10 pounds and label him as a fb and gave him a few touches per game just to get something other than blocking from him then use him as a rb in the case of an emergency. That’s just me though cause I know it’s easier said than done. 

Flying Falcon and falconidae like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Statick said:

Very.

If Hill is any indication that plenty of reps and understanding of the offense can greatly improve a player, this also applies to Ollison.

Imo Hill has reached his peak and Ollison should continue to get better through the preseason.. Ollison just needs to start showing something every game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Imo Hill has reached his peak and Ollison should continue to get better through the preseason.. Ollison just needs to start showing something every game. 

He should, yes, but then only if he gets the reps. As a rook, that's going to be a tall order, especially being behind Freeman, Smith and now Hill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

1,850 yards, 20 TDs.

And 208 Gatorades

Edited by Geneaut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

Olly disappointed me but if he can show he can make the goal line runs and 3rd and 1's we should keep him.

He only had 6 carries so I wouldn’t be too worried at this point.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brian Hill will be our #3 RB barring injury for week 1. He will the short yardage back, probably end the year with about 400 yards total now that he can catch the ball. I could see him stealing 4 or 5 TD's away from Free and Ito though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now