Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MissouriFalcon49

Saints are due for a downfall

6 posts in this topic

I think this year Brees slides downhill. Last year lost to Rams to going to be a thorn in there psyche. Not sold on repeat of there defense.

What say you?

You mean like the Minneapolis Fluke was a thorn in our side when we had to go back to Minnesota last year?

Oh wait, we beat them... by double digits... in their house where the flukiest play in NFL history happened. And one of their TD’s was in junk time with 4 and a half minutes left in the game when they were down by 17 points.

Big_L likes this

Hard to say. The way the windows open and close so quickly in the NFL, it wouldn't surprise me to see them drop off severely. But on paper they're good enough to get back to the playoffs, there's no doubt about that.

The only thing we can say for sure is their fans are going to whine about every little bad thing that gets in their path LOL.

papachaz likes this

On 8/8/2019 at 5:58 AM, octoslash said:

Hard to say. The way the windows open and close so quickly in the NFL, it wouldn't surprise me to see them drop off severely. But on paper they're good enough to get back to the playoffs, there's no doubt about that.

The only thing we can say for sure is their fans are going to whine about every little bad thing that gets in their path LOL.

I don't like this post. BRB, coming back with a new rule change regarding posts like these.

:lol:

One of either two things need to happen for the saints to have a "downfall" 1. The center situation goes to **** post Unger. 2. Drew Brees declines. 

Number 1 has the bigger potential to happen. Number 2 is expected by many, but I'll believe it when I see...namely a sharp Brees decline. He's dropped off maybe a tad, he's prone to a couple of more bad games here and there, but he's still a field general until further notice. 

Otherwise the positives outweigh the negatives for NO. I think if they are sucessful then Brees will do what he always does imo and that's making good skilled based offensive players look great. Jared Cook would need to have a great year and he's coming off a career year with Tennessee. 

I'm just as confident in us as I am with the saints still being good. Our rivalry will be a fight this year as usual. 

Every season is different to be sure. What they could very well have is a weakness at center which doesn't bode well for anybody who doesn't have a competent center. Falcons found that out the hard way a few years back. Falcons, Panthers and Bucs are pretty stout up the middle defensively.