BirdFan33

Jordan Miller challenges Julio at practice.

53 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I am absolutely LOVING what I'm hearing from and about Miller. Another guy I wasn't expecting to help us much this year, but this dude has the length that makes DQs scheme able to be really aggressive.

6'1" with 33" long arms!  4.49 40 speed, 37" vertical and 125" broad jump. 

I think this draft class could end up being all world.

Would have gone earlier had he not broken his ankle. We got lucky tbh

6 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Miller is starting on the right foot

Are you coming around on the defense after seeing some of the looks shown in the Broncos game? I’m cautiously optimistic and will keep most of my excitement contained until Minny

Godzilla1985 and Osiruz like this

3 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Are you coming around on the defense after seeing some of the looks shown in the Broncos game? I’m cautiously optimistic and will keep most of my excitement contained until Minny

Not yet, but I do like a few of the draft picks and signings.

rings639 and TheFatboi like this

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

Especially given Miller seems 100% healthy. I mean, he broke his ankle in 2017!

5th round for a 6’1”, 4.49 40 Press CB with 33” arms? 

Seems knock on him is he’s a little thin, little raw, but he’s tough. DQ can work with any player that has toughness.

Im In!

Being able to cover Julio is like the dodgeball equivalent of dodging a wrench.  You can dodge a wrench then you can dodge a dodgeball and if you can cover Julio Jones. YOU CAN COVER ANYBODY!

TheFatboi and gazoo like this

7 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Many of guys have vocally expressed the desire to cover Julio.

Most have failed

You shouldn’t be a DB if you don’t want that challenge. Even if you’re going to lose you take the challenge. Bc there are few DBs in the history of the NFL that would have any shot covering Julio one on one 

Cole World and TheFatboi like this

11 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

You shouldn’t be a DB if you don’t want that challenge. Even if you’re going to lose you take the challenge. Bc there are few DBs in the history of the NFL that would have any shot covering Julio one on one 

Yup...agree 100%

NeonDeion and TheFatboi like this

10 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

I like both Miller and Sheffield,,, they have a little edge to them.

Good thing, 'cause one of them will have to replace Tru in a year or two.

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

Good thing, 'cause one of them will have to replace Tru in a year or two.

Maybe Tru has the year we all want him too, but I'm liking Miller and Sheff too.  Should be fun watching them grow.  The talent is there.

falconidae likes this

3 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Only corner I think could cover Julio for 60 minutes with no help is Deion Sanders but it’ll be an epic battle. Julio would win some and Deion would win some. Matt would try Deion with Julio. 

gazoo and blkbigdog35 like this

3 hours ago, ltstorm2 said:

Being able to cover Julio is like the dodgeball equivalent of dodging a wrench.  You can dodge a wrench then you can dodge a dodgeball and if you can cover Julio Jones. YOU CAN COVER ANYBODY!

I just told my dad this today. If he battles Julio and let Julio  give him that work until he can cover Julio more than not he can cover anybody. 

10 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Miller is starting on the right foot

You called this pick. I still agree with your assessment that Sheffield is a FS long term. He certainly has the range. Miller just has everything you want in a presss cb. He’s long, fast and long limbed with a good brain

11 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Yup. We did. 

18 hours ago, No.11 said:

"I wanna cover you" is the definition of a challenge. Like, does it have to be explicitly said, or are you just paranoid by the media?

Bruh...chill out. Your analysis isn't needed.  He did actually say it.  I was interested in the sound bite.

I think we should hold off expectations until year 2 for Miller, think about Oliver's Year 1 and how much he improved in Year 2 with our coaching.

16 minutes ago, JBridgez said:

I think we should hold off expectations until year 2 for Miller, think about Oliver's Year 1 and how much he improved in Year 2 with our coaching.

I like Oliver but where is this year 2 improvement? The season hasn't even started. 

gazoo and JBridgez like this

On 8/6/2019 at 0:34 PM, Theyhateme : ) said:

It sounded like JJ said that Jordan said, "I wanna cover you...."  I didn't hear the word "challenge."

That is a challenge. 

2 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

I like Oliver but where is this year 2 improvement? The season hasn't even started. 

You're right, but I was going off how Quinn back in Feb-March proclaimed him as a starter and expected a big jump this year...that says something

Posted (edited)

On 8/6/2019 at 0:22 PM, BirdFan33 said:

This season will elevate Julio Jones and Matt Ryan to the super-elite status they deserve as the best QB/WR tandum in the NFL, and at the end of their careers statistically the best EVER! Two players dedicated to the game, the league and the fans. I have never seen either one of them give less than 100% on the field. The rook?  The comment was cute.

Edited by Nobis_Ghost

On 8/7/2019 at 2:28 AM, TheFatboi said:

Only corner I think could cover Julio for 60 minutes with no help is Deion Sanders but it’ll be an epic battle. Julio would win some and Deion would win some. Matt would try Deion with Julio. 

That’s one of those time machine matchups that would be amazing to see. 

Panthers fans would disagree, they used to seem to think whoever their top CB was could shut down JJ...then the 300 yard game happened.

now Saints fans think Holdimore can shut him down 1v1.

TheFatboi likes this

On 8/6/2019 at 5:56 PM, gazoo said:

I am absolutely LOVING what I'm hearing from and about Miller. Another guy I wasn't expecting to help us much this year, but this dude has the length that makes DQs scheme able to be really aggressive.

6'1" with 33" long arms!  4.49 40 speed, 37" vertical and 125" broad jump. 

I think this draft class could end up being all world.

Yepp he and Sheffield could shore up our backfield for quite some time.

gazoo likes this