ATLBrave

Braves @ Twins

579 posts in this topic

Just now, Malachore said:

I get what you are saying with the 1st part but....

The fact that the Braves HAD TO put up 25 runs in order to win says a lot.

If the game was closer than 8 runs in the 9th, you wouldn't have seen Tomlin. Probably would have seen Melancon instead. 

Just now, tl;dr said:

If the game was closer than 8 runs in the 9th, you wouldn't have seen Tomlin. Probably would have seen Melancon instead. 

That doesn't mean we didn't give up the runs.

And ya'll thinking Luke was fine well idk man...

Guy can't pitch the 9th and can't pitch with a huge lead in the 5th.

sdogg likes this

4 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I get what you are saying with the 1st part but....

The fact that the Braves HAD TO put up 25 runs in order to win says a lot.

But they didn't.....the braves won by 6 runs in game 2 and 4 runs in game 3.

That doesn't mean we didn't give up the runs.

And ya'll thinking Luke was fine well idk man...

Guy can't pitch the 9th and can't pitch with a huge lead in the 5th.

Hey don't put me on the Luke train lol. It's well documented that he is uhhhh inconsistent. With as many base runners as he seems to have, it's a wonder he hasn't given up more runs.

We gave up runs, but look at the situation man. Had the game been close, Tomlin isn't coming in. Had it been someone else coming in and getting shelled, I would feel differently, but it's Tomlin. Dude won't be here in October barring injury. He's here to eat innings right now and that's it. 

40 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Can't see this team beating the Dodgers at this rate. Bullpen will need to get a lot better

To be fair we have exact same number of blown saves as Dodgers with virtually identical saves and save percentage.  Bullpen sucks but we arent off par with the Dodgers there 

falconsd56, TheTrue7 and Drew4719 like this

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

I do have to wonder if us signing Duda was in part because we knew of Riley's issue. 

Ehh, maybe. I’d venture it was more to do with signing a familiar face to potentially give some September ABs to. 

tl;dr likes this

2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I do have to wonder if us signing Duda was in part because we knew of Riley's issue. 

Nah, injury happened yesterday. Duda was brought in for the same reason as last year. PH in September and run into one or two.

falconsd56, ATLBrave and tl;dr like this

1 minute ago, ATLBrave said:

Ehh, maybe. I’d venture it was more to do with signing a familiar face to potentially give some September ABs to. 

Just now, Unknøwn said:

Nah, injury happened yesterday. Duda was brought in for the same reason as last year. PH in September and run into one or two.

Great minds think alike! 

ATLBrave likes this

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

LMAO it's a league wide problem now so it's OK.

Seems most people are on extreme sides of spectrum. Our bullpen has been poor and awful during stretches that is a true statement. Poor bp performance across the league is also a true statement. Our bp matches up closely tp many post season contenders. AA did an outstanding job getting bp help. That is a true statement. Saying solely money prevented us from getting proper bp personnel this trade deadline is oatently false. You are rightly concerned and even frustrated. But some of these things arent mutually exclusive 

Falconsfan567 likes this

Just now, Unknøwn said:

28-3

2012 NFCCG

1 World Series 

World Series lost with 2-0 lead

Huge choke job in 2009 (?)

I wonder why we have trust issues.

sdogg likes this

28-3

2012 NFCCG

1 World Series 

World Series lost with 2-0 lead

Huge choke job in 2009 (?)

I wonder why we have trust issues.

It's ok, I have that pain buried deep inside me too. But I chose love, I chose to believe. I look at my bracelet that says believe you *****.

4 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Only in Atlanta could a team get to 20 over .500, 6 games up in the division, take 2 of 3 on the road against one of the top teams in MLB and still get killed by the fans.

Cause of 28-3 and the fact that Georgia teams are alergic to winning championships. 

2 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

It's ok, I have that pain buried deep inside me too. But I chose love, I chose to believe. I look at my bracelet that says believe you *****.

:lol:

This is why I love you.

sdogg likes this

4 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Now that's funny

Hope it’s not the case, but couple of rumors floating around out there that it could be a partially torn ligament. 

3 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Hope it’s not the case, but couple of rumors floating around out there that it could be a partially torn ligament. 

Probably know tomorrow morning. Hes already on a flight to Atlanta.

24 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Only in Atlanta could a team get to 20 over .500, 6 games up in the division, take 2 of 3 on the road against one of the top teams in MLB and still get killed by the fans.

They need to allow more than one like..

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

29 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

To be fair we have exact same number of blown saves as Dodgers with virtually identical saves and save percentage.  Bullpen sucks but we arent off par with the Dodgers there 

Who cares about our opposition.. even if they’re the top team in the league.. WITH THE SAME ISSUE..

40 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

I'm thinking about the Dodgers starting pitching too though. Our bullpen has to get a lot better before the playoffs imo

Malachore, Drew4719 and sdogg like this

42 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

As a Lakers fan getting there means nothing. I was at Miami when we won the 2001 National championship title and got screwed out of the title game in 2000 and getting cheated in 2002 title game. My happiness doesn't revolve around if my team win or loses. But I like for them to contend for titles. But that's my opinion though 

sdogg likes this

Folks, I understand that tensions can get high. Let's just be realistic here.

During this series, the bullpen allowed 10 runs in nine innings plus four inherited runners. Yes, that's 14 total runs in nine innings, 10 of which were totally their fault.

When the starters or the bullpen get shredded like that, it bears discussion. 

9 minutes ago, jidady said:

Folks, I understand that tensions can get high. Let's just be realistic here.

During this series, the bullpen allowed 10 runs in nine innings plus four inherited runners. Yes, that's 14 total runs in nine innings, 10 of which were totally their fault.

When the starters or the bullpen get shredded like that, it bears discussion. 

7 of which came in mop-up duty with the game already well out of hand. Yeah, I’d love more crisp outing out of everyone, but the guys who will be given meaningful outings in the postseason pitched well, minus one big *** mistake to Sano. 

3 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

7 of which came in mop-up duty with the game already well out of hand. Yeah, I’d love more crisp outing out of everyone, but the guys who will be given meaningful outings in the postseason pitched well, minus one big *** mistake to Sano. 

And I totally get that perspective. It all counts, though. Every one of those runs matters, mop-up duty or not. Something's seriously wrong with our bullpen right now. It has been for a while. Thankfully, we're scoring so much that it's not hurting us much.

I just watched my wife's Cardinals blow a lead to the Dodgers in the 9th. Then, I watched PTI talk about the Cubs' bullpen being a disaster. It might be time to re-evaluate this strategy of pulling starters so early. The cure might not be any better than the disease.