Blackout Uni

ya_boi_j

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

All black always looked arena league to me. And at this point you're gonna be like the Cardinals, Ravens, Panthers, Eagles, Saints, and 9ers.

Y'all really trying to have the Saints say we wanna be like them.

The truth don’t hurt. :slick:

But to be fair, we say that about every team that tries busting out a black on black uniform since ours pre-date all those you listed. B)

8 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

When did the Saints start using black on black?

Was it before the Falcons donned the black on black in 2003?

It's been awhile, so I can't remember who actually wore black on black first.

Yo nailed it, 2000 was the first year our black on black uniforms were listed as one of our uniform options. However, since they were technically designated an “alternate” uniform, they didn’t actually see game action until 2001.

This is from Week 5 of 2001 which I believe might be the first time we actually wore them in a game.

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I’ve truly never understood the hate our current uniforms get. Yea I love our black throwbacks too. But that doesn’t mean our currents are bad. I love the red jerseys and black helmets 

I honestly don't hate the current uni's, although the sleeves are little weird. I like the contrast of red helmets/black jersey and vice versa . I think what gets me is the simplicity of the throwbacks.

I will say that it seems like the new Nike version of the red jersey seems to stand out better when watching on tv. The Reebok version seemed much more muted. 

13 minutes ago, Goober Pyle said:

I honestly don't hate the current uni's, although the sleeves are little weird. I like the contrast of red helmets/black jersey and vice versa . I think what gets me is the simplicity of the throwbacks.

I will say that it seems like the new Nike version of the red jersey seems to stand out better when watching on tv. The Reebok version seemed much more muted. 

I agree. Nike versions are way better. I own a Ryan limited Nike red jersey and I love it 

17 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I hate em man. The black on red looks so bad to me tbh.

They aren’t my favorite that we’ve had. But I certainly don’t hate them. I wouldn’t be mad at all if we changed to the black throwbacks with the new logo as the primary uniform and used the color rush red jersey as the alternate. I didn’t like the color rush uniforms as a whole, but I did like the jerseys 

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:24 AM, JD dirtybird21 said:

They aren’t my favorite that we’ve had. But I certainly don’t hate them. I wouldn’t be mad at all if we changed to the black throwbacks with the new logo as the primary uniform and used the color rush red jersey as the alternate. I didn’t like the color rush uniforms as a whole, but I did like the jerseys 

Exactly my thought as well.  I HATE the color rush program but that jersey was nice.  

What We Learned: Falcons vs. Saints - The Falcoholic

Archived