Unintentional Grounding

Falcons Film Breakdown - John Cominsky

81 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, vel said:

Cominksy is going to be a problem. Mainly because he does things consistently right. Look at the play where he flushes the QB out of the pocket. Sees he can win inside and uses his hands to get inside. He didn't get the sack or hit, but those are the plays that make a good complementary pass rusher. 

The funny thing I've been thinking about is Cominksy is DQ's version of Kroy. But Cominksy is a much bigger freak with higher upside. 

Sure looks like it. My man @MSalmon was touting this kid long before most of us ever heard of him.

vel, octoslash and MSalmon like this

4 hours ago, gHost83 said:

My only gripe is that he references Cominsky as not being a super athlete when it's obvious he is. 

I didn't didn't need to quote your post to say that I want you as the beat writer/annalist.

gHost83 likes this

4 hours ago, gHost83 said:

Solid breakdown. My only gripe is that he references Cominsky as not being a super athlete when it's obvious he is.  He's at least 295 now and he moves like a linebacker.  The second play confirmed this when Cominsky recognized the screen and recovered to catch that wr, who had 2 strides on him, from behind and make the play.  He plays with every bit of that 4.6 speed. 

He also is quite a bit advanced with his hand techniques and counters.  That bullrush to reverse spin move was impressive to say the least.  Dude pushed back 600 pounds of human flesh 3 yards into the backfield to set himself up for his counter move.  For him to take the next step, he will have to learn the nuisances of the NFL game.  UG is correct in critiquing him for not maintaining his gap in that run play and for him to trust his teammates more. 

Also, people griped on Cominsky during that big run where he looked like he was pancaked but he was actually held.  He has to learn to sell that hold more by flailing to get the attention of the ref.  Still pretty bad miss by the officials but still a learning point for him. 

All in all, dude has an extremely high ceiling and a high floor for a 4th rounder.  Speed and power to spare.  It's up to him to realize his potential though.

Woof and ouch lol

gHost83 likes this

10 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

I worked there 18 years as an engineer at their Windward Data Center.  It was once a good company 15 years ago.  Now they treat their employees like ****, refuse to pay vendors, etc. 

Yes their employees work hard and they abuse them.

It was almost 30yrs ago when I worked there.  I don’t know what’s changed but using the word “abused” is a strong word.   When I was there a lot of the manual work jobs were four hour shifts.  Starting pay was about double minimum wage plus you got health insurance / nothing easy about the job but much was given - rather unprecedented then and now to get free health insurance for part time job.   UPS was also a union shop so work conditions etc were collectively bargained. Basically the workers accepted the hard work for all the perks that came along with it.  

Godzilla1985 and HASHBROWN3 like this

20 hours ago, Vandy said:

Sure looks like it. My man @MSalmon was touting this kid long before most of us ever heard of him.

Yup. I saw him live once. He’s got mad physicall skills 

Vandy likes this

20 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

I worked there 18 years as an engineer at their Windward Data Center.  It was once a good company 15 years ago.  Now they treat their employees like ****, refuse to pay vendors, etc. 

Yes their employees work hard and they abuse them.

We had a supervisor throw a lit firework into the back of a moving package car. Nothing happened to him.

9 hours ago, g-dawg said:

It was almost 30yrs ago when I worked there.  I don’t know what’s changed but using the word “abused” is a strong word.   When I was there a lot of the manual work jobs were four hour shifts.  Starting pay was about double minimum wage plus you got health insurance / nothing easy about the job but much was given - rather unprecedented then and now to get free health insurance for part time job.   UPS was also a union shop so work conditions etc were collectively bargained. Basically the workers accepted the hard work for all the perks that came along with it.  

Idk how it is other places but my hub isn't all that great.

Godzilla1985 likes this

12 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Idk how it is other places but my hub isn't all that great.

Do you still get free health insurance?  I pay $1,500/mo for a family of five and we are all healthy.    If you get free just for yourself that’s probably worth $400-500/mo right there.

I remember the “black boogers” from all the dust in the hub.   Still can hear  over the intercom “blue line, waiting on ya!”

I also used to dream of endless boxes coming at me on conveyor belts.  Couldn’t stop having that dream! :o

Just now, g-dawg said:

Do you still get free health insurance?  I pay $1,500/mo for a family of five and we are all healthy.    If you get free just for yourself that’s probably worth $400-500/mo right there.

I remember the “black boogers” from all the dust in the hub.   Still here over the intercom “blue line, waiting on ya!”

I also used to dream of endless boxes coming at me on conveyor belts.  Couldn’t stop having that dream! :o

Black boogers yes

Still get free insurance which is pretty nice. Covers your basic stuff.

g-dawg likes this

22 hours ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

Woof and ouch lol

Hey, I wasn't that critical. Good breakdown my guy... LOL

22 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

I didn't didn't need to quote your post to say that I want you as the beat writer/annalist.

Thank you... Means a lot coming from a fellow long time fan. I appreciate it.

Tim Mazetti likes this

Great effort to highlight Cominsky’s game.  

But dude - Hogwarts t-shirt while talking football? If you are going to all the effort to make this video - finish the drill - wear a Falcons shirt. 

camfalcon and Vandy like this

1 minute ago, JC Falcon said:

Great effort to highlight Cominsky’s game.  

But dude - Hogwarts t-shirt while talking football? If you are going to all the effort to make this video - finish the drill - wear a Falcons shirt. 

Meh..... No lol

On 8/5/2019 at 10:25 AM, Unintentional Grounding said:

I just hope people like what we do and I hope I continue to grow as a content creator.

I liked the content a lot, very good breakdowns on the film play by play.  Really enjoyed the breakdown on the play he blew his assignment and the take of him trusting in his team and not having to do it all himself like he did previously.  

Two pieces of feedback to help it look more polished:  

1) Keep the window of you talking in the bottom right corner in same place and the same size, it varied play by play.

2) The mouse cursor was in the first two plays as well.

I get this is nitpicking, but as you are growing your content and trying to grow viewers and subscribers, that can be the fine line between the look of amateur and professional.

Keep up the great work!

Vandy, falconidae and FalconKick like this

On 8/5/2019 at 2:28 PM, vel said:

Cominksy is going to be a problem. Mainly because he does things consistently right. Look at the play where he flushes the QB out of the pocket. Sees he can win inside and uses his hands to get inside. He didn't get the sack or hit, but those are the plays that make a good complementary pass rusher. 

The funny thing I've been thinking about is Cominksy is DQ's version of Kroy. But Cominksy is a much bigger freak with higher upside. 

Man you’ve had so many posts here lately where I can tell you are genuinely giddy over the talent on this defense! It’s making me unbelievably excited for this team!

vel likes this

I bet we see a lot of 3-4 and 5-2 pass rushing alignments with Cominsky at DE. They started doubling Cominsky later in the HOF game. Teams will struggle to stop both Cominsky and Grady. With the push and penetration these guys get, Vic could actually see a ton of sacks. I’m cautiously optimistic. 

On 8/5/2019 at 2:28 PM, vel said:

If  Comnisky  doesn't need a redshirt year to learn the NFL, Dline becomes a strength. That'd be fun, and it's things like that that make super bowl winners.

I could also see him starting out mainly on ST and base D, then around week 8 ramping up and becoming a key cog of the DLine, having fresh legs through the playoffs.

14 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Man you’ve had so many posts here lately where I can tell you are genuinely giddy over the talent on this defense! It’s making me unbelievably excited for this team!

Man me and my brother are defensive guys through and through. He's a front seven guy. Played DII football and won a few rings at that level. I'm a secondary guy. We literally are so ready for this defense. The talent is there. He hates Vic but even admits Vic showed in 2016 he can produce. If Vic has double digit sacks, that front seven will be elite. No question. A lot hangs on him. But even still, without him, it's a very good/above average unit. With DQ at the reins, they should produce. 

Godzilla1985 likes this

13 hours ago, falconidae said:

If  Comnisky  doesn't need a redshirt year to learn the NFL, Dline becomes a strength. That'd be fun, and it's things like that that make super bowl winners.

I could also see him starting out mainly on ST and base D, then around week 8 ramping up and becoming a key cog of the DLine, having fresh legs through the playoffs.

Yea I think Cominksy is going to be hard to keep inactive on gamedays. I did not expect to see him covering punts last week. That's terrifying, a 6'5 290lb man running downfield full speed should be illegal. 

I think post bye week is has the potential to be a VERY fun stretch for us if they stay healthy. If they can get out of October with a 5-3 record or better and no major injuries, we are primed for a playoff push. I honestly think they can get out to a 7-1 type start. November is the gauntlet. After that, I've got us 4-0 in December. 3-1 at worst. 

This could be a very fun season. It depends on health and the defense coming together under DQ. 

Godzilla1985 and falconidae like this

1 hour ago, vel said:

Yea I think Cominksy is going to be hard to keep inactive on gamedays. I did not expect to see him covering punts last week. That's terrifying, a 6'5 290lb man running downfield full speed should be illegal. 

I think post bye week is has the potential to be a VERY fun stretch for us if they stay healthy. If they can get out of October with a 5-3 record or better and no major injuries, we are primed for a playoff push. I honestly think they can get out to a 7-1 type start. November is the gauntlet. After that, I've got us 4-0 in December. 3-1 at worst. 

This could be a very fun season. It depends on health and the defense coming together under DQ. 

People here forget how good we felt going into last season's first game, then the injuries started. This team is better-better depth all around, even if some of that depth is rookies, better coaching staff-this is the year to make a run.

Really interested to see if Caminsky gets to go against better competition tonight and how he does.

26 minutes ago, falconidae said:

People here forget how good we felt going into last season's first game, then the injuries started. This team is better-better depth all around, even if some of that depth is rookies, better coaching staff-this is the year to make a run.

Really interested to see if Caminsky gets to go against better competition tonight and how he does.

It was a SB caliber roster. That's why it amazed me how people were acting about the roster going into FA/Draft season. Back to back post season runs. One different play call and we're talking about back to back NFCCG runs. HeIl, even last year, we lost to the Saints and Bengals on last minute plays. Close those two games out and you're 9-7 instead of 7-9. 

When healthy, this offense is up there with tops in the league. I'm just ready for it to get started and for these boys to kick some as. I feel like they want to shut everybody up for last year. 

Godzilla1985 and falconidae like this

4 minutes ago, vel said:

It was a SB caliber roster. That's why it amazed me how people were acting about the roster going into FA/Draft season. Back to back post season runs. One different play call and we're talking about back to back NFCCG runs. HeIl, even last year, we lost to the Saints and Bengals on last minute plays. Close those two games out and you're 9-7 instead of 7-9. 

When healthy, this offense is up there with tops in the league. I'm just ready for it to get started and for these boys to kick some as. I feel like they want to shut everybody up for last year. 

Lost to the Cowboys on a last second FG also.